Site "upgrades" banner

n3ophy7e

Sr. Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys, so sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. I've had a look and can't easily see any discussion about it.

But I have been meaning to ask this for...a year? What's happening with this?:
oJwD5cU.jpeg

It comes and goes, like the patter of raindrops on a solemn afternoon. I would assume whenever an admin makes backend changes or installs a xenforo update.

Do you see it 24/7?

Yeah it comes and goes, it isn't there perpetually although it is there somewhat often, and yeah snafu is correct

I would assume whenever an admin makes backend changes or installs a xenforo update.

I (or any other admin) can turn it on when I (or the contractor) are doing some server work on Xenforo or anything that may disrupt normal access for the members. Unfortunately, both my schedule and the contractor's are not nailed down so the banner stays up for a few days ahead of when we think we can get to something and isn't taken down until after we've done that something. The effect is, it looks like it is up 24/7, but reality is that happens for a week or two solid, then disappears for several months (maybe twice a year?).

I'd hate for contractor to take the site down and people be all

wtf.gif

At least this way they know it may be up-and-down at random points until we take the banner back down. Got your attention on it, though, didn't it?

bill-murray-groundhog-day.gif

I'd like to move this thread to SUPPORT if nobody objects. I'm sure if staff are asking, members are wondering as well.
Not a bad idea.

Even when I was new here I often saw this message although personally never thought much of it. I've never experienced any sort of interruption of the website other than very random 503 type connection errors, which happen incredibly randomly, rarely, and never last more than 30 seconds or so.

Sweeeet, thanks y'all!

It appears to me what I feel like is 24/7 BUT it might just be that it's that I'm only noticing it when I'm...noticing it...
Brain no function sleep well without.