View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Sinister Dextromethorphan

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
For some reason when I take DXM, the vibe is so sinister. So creepy. Like yeah it feels alien but everything has this weird eerie vibe to it and it's almost indescribable, but I quite hate it.

Even when I have a good time on it like the other day playing video games and listening to synth wave mixes on youtube, it's just so fucking eerie and odd. Nothing feels human or warm about it.

AGh. 0.o

My face constantly flushes with electricity and panic while on it. It's like half good and half bad experiences every time I take it.

Anyone else get this vibe? I read trip reports often on it and people fucking love the shit. Say it's underrated and they have these cool experiences but I just can't shake the sinister shadow it puts on life when I'm on it.

I definitely do. As a matter of fact, I occasionally have dreams (nightmares) where I'm on it and I can actually feel the creepy sensation that I had during a few bad robo-trips... and I haven't used the stuff in about 15 years!

Stay Safe,
Dreamflyer

^^^Just curious what do you typically combo with it??

I personally haven't take DXM since high school but I've got some pure DXM HBr put away incase I ever get curious enough to try it again. My experiences as a kid were interesting but I never took it too far.

-GC

I sold the rest of mine today. Decided it's not worth it. Just gonna wait til I get to my duty station so I can trip on some good old tryptamines on my off time.

After a few pleasant successful trials after many reckless ones during youth I found myself having terrifying ones sensations I was physically going to die even on low to moderate doses have taken myself to the ER a couple times in the past couple years the last time before I called an ambulance at Dollar Tree on it the other day after work I rode mt bike to the hospital at the end of my street but I left before a doctor saw me after I drank enough water both times waiting in the waiting room this most recent time they had me buckled to a gurney in the ambulance waiting in the ER I managed to get the nurse to put me in a wheelchair in the ER waiting room

Two days ago in the ER though I literally was falling down after a so many steps they found my vitals normal but I felt a sensation by my heart like a flutter of energy some synapse misfiring as my knees would buckle so she gave me a wheel chair so good she unbuckled from the gurney it felt like that was gonna kill me like my condition had me thinking why isn't a doctor immediately administering a stroke or seizure killer like Ativan few mg IV to literally debug the bomb probably serotonin syndrome ticking in my brain

I had combined with kratom but not a shit ton the symptoms caught me off guard. If felt like my brain might zap out wanted to say brain zaps and like I would faint or the lights would go out but they didn't see my vitals off so bizarre anyways I couldn't walk out of the ER so I called my mom to pick me up she got me food immediately it is like the ER would have done more damage to me having me wait without food or water nor IV until I could be seen the one mg of Ativan my mom gave me was a miracle I said if this happens again just leave me in the ER it is my fault

Have hear someone say on the boards kratom always gives them a sinister vibe too if I am honest so it does to me

Last edited:
DXM for sure is the first one which comes to my mind if you say sinister substance. I liked, even loved it as an adolescent, before getting to know any other drugs and I used it quite a bit but it ended up to be a schizophrenia inducing agent like nothing else. Give me 50-60(!) mg 's of DXM and I'd get acoustic hallucinations. 250mg and they turn into full on hearing voices, something which no other substance ever did to me and I was abusing the hell out of arylcyclohexylamine dissociatives. A friend says it'll be receptor sigma which makes the difference.

Yeah, DXM like nothing else can induce this sort of vibes - while all dissociatives can be weird and strange, I didn't ever experience anything as evil feelings as with DXM with others of them. I wonder how much of that is really evil, as in destroying ourselves evil like a breakdown of personality with hearing voices and stuff would do? I mean, which case of drug related damage has ever been really investigated when it comes to recreational use.

I'm intrigued about that. Anybody having links or infos to more in-depth reports? Similarly curious about LSD trips gone horribly wrong, and delirants. Where one trip changes people to the worse. Not for scaremongering purposes but to study the stuff.

Last edited:
I haven't tried deleriants, but my experiences with Salvia Divinorum have introduced me to trips where what I experience are extremely sinister feelings. Some reading of the trip reports for Salvia will give insights into this phenomenon - it is by no means uncommon.

I’m not sure if I understand, it feels like I’m in a dream that I had as a child, and my sense of nostalgia goes insane, things seem dark, and a tad nightmarish, in a good, never ending sort of way, I love mixing opiates with it, if there’s no warmth for you, try that and some good weed and hemp mixed together

I’m not sure if I understand, it feels like I’m in a dream that I had as a child, and my sense of nostalgia goes insane, things seem dark, and a tad nightmarish, in a good, never ending sort of way, I love mixing opiates with it, if there’s no warmth for you, try that and some good weed and hemp mixed together
Yeah, dissociatives have a heavy nostalgic touch to them. But @EntheoDjinn DXM isn;t a delirant (anticholinergic) but a dissociative (NMDA receptor antagonist). It has some delirant properties though but it's a very different experience.

Yeah, dissociatives have a heavy nostalgic touch to them. But @EntheoDjinn DXM isn;t a delirant (anticholinergic) but a dissociative (NMDA receptor antagonist). It has some delirant properties though but it's a very different experience.
I haven't tried deleriants, but my experiences with Salvia Divinorum have introduced me to trips where what I experience are extremely sinister feelings. Some reading of the trip reports for Salvia will give insights into this phenomenon - it is by no means uncommon.
Maybe he got it mixed up with DPH(diphenhydramine)

For some reason when I take DXM, the vibe is so sinister. So creepy. Like yeah it feels alien but everything has this weird eerie vibe to it and it's almost indescribable, but I quite hate it.

Even when I have a good time on it like the other day playing video games and listening to synth wave mixes on youtube, it's just so fucking eerie and odd. Nothing feels human or warm about it.

AGh. 0.o

My face constantly flushes with electricity and panic while on it. It's like half good and half bad experiences every time I take it.

Anyone else get this vibe? I read trip reports often on it and people fucking love the shit. Say it's underrated and they have these cool experiences but I just can't shake the sinister shadow it puts on life when I'm on it.
Are you referring to use of DXM HBr powder or some medicinal preparation that contains other substances ie chlorpheniramine acetaminophen? Pure powder goes a long way towards creating an enjoyable DXM experience. Are you on any meds that might be interacting with the DXM?