• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Single dose vs. redosing

supersoup

Bluelighter
Sorry if there's already a thread on this, I tried searching for it and didn't find anything. I've used MDMA a few times, always in a single dose of 100-150mg (tried a single dose of 200mg once, it was less euphoric and more speedy and hallucinogenic, didn't like it). It usually takes 60-90 minutes to kick in, and then lasts pretty much 4 hours exactly. My question is, how does a single dose compare in effects and duration to taking multiple doses? I don't mean binging on it throughout the course of a night, but an original dose and one redose. For example, how would the duration and intensity of a single dose of 130mg compare to a dose of 90mg + a redose of 40mg later? Also, if you were to redose, when should you? (i.e. during the peak, beginning of the comedown, etc.)

I kind of prefer splitting a dose, I think quite a common way to do it is as you suggested, take a dose and then redose about half the original amount. Best time to do this is 1-2 hours after you've taken the first dose. This way your peak is slightly less intense, but also lasts a bit longer, you'll probably get a good 5-6 hours out of it this way. Taking everything all at once tends to make the MDMA feel more sedating, smaller doses are more energizing, which I prefer as I always take MDMA for parties/raves.

I like to take two 100mg doses about 30 minutes apart, it makes it a nice gradual increase to a strong peak.. And then if need to be ill take another 100mg about two hours in to slightly increase the length of the roll. (Things can get quite sloppy at this point though)

A single dose of 130 mg would be stronger than a dose of 90 + 40 mg, but last maybe an hour or so shorter. Splitting the dosage would make the roll last a little bit longer. It also makes the come-up smoother. The come up on pure MDMA is very smooth anyway, so I actually think it just makes the come-up longer and hence make the uncomfortable part of the come up longer.

I take the same initial dosage when I'm not redosing as well as when I'm redosing. It's the first dose that gets you up to a certain level. Unless you redose very high (same as initial drop, or higher) you're not going to exceed that level - just extend the roll.

It surely isn't the best way but many times i like having 0.2-0.25mgs in a bottle οf water and consuming it in a time of 60 to 90 minutes...3-4 hours of rolling guaranteed.
But in terms of health harm reduction i know that both the amount and way taken aren't the best option.Just wanted to add my experience :)

i prefer to redose because i simply want the feeling to last as long as possible. all night flight

ime the first dose should get you as high as you want to be, while a booster of half that amount (or a bit more if you like some additional intensity/messiness towards the end) taken about 1.5h later will extend the peak for a little more than one hour.
i have found that redosing once you're starting to come down doesn't get up again and therefore should be avoided (but that seems to vary, others have different experiences).

basicly redosing is only for those who want a longer ride. although i almost always redose i will say doing only a single dose gives me a more pure experience.

I like to take two 100mg doses about 30 minutes apart, it makes it a nice gradual increase to a strong peak.. And then if need to be ill take another 100mg about two hours in to slightly increase the length of the roll. (Things can get quite sloppy at this point though)

Way too much. Do not take this advice. I personally re-dose and haven't had too much an issue with it. 120 followed by 50-60mg or so 30-45 mins after. Wait longer than that and it doesnt quite extend it properly. You dont want to re-dose later than an hour.

This guy above takes 3 full doses in a night? Thats crazy, depression awaits. If you need more than 120 ur shit sucks.

ime the first dose should get you as high as you want to be, while a booster of half that amount (or a bit more if you like some additional intensity/messiness towards the end) taken about 1.5h later will extend the peak for a little more than one hour.
i have found that redosing once you're starting to come down doesn't get up again and therefore should be avoided (but that seems to vary, others have different experiences).

All correct, except for the 1.5hours part. Thats too long to wait after the initial dose. 30-45 mins after the initial should extend ya to heaven for an hour longer. :)

30-45 minutes after first dose? I feel like that would pretty much be the same as taking it all in one dose, because I don't start rolling for 60-90 minutes after dosing.

30-45 minutes after first dose? I feel like that would pretty much be the same as taking it all in one dose, because I don't start rolling for 60-90 minutes after dosing.

Your body need to absorbe the second dose as well, and that takes just as long as the first. So no, it won't be the same as taking it all in one dose. :)

But for me, redosing after 1-1.5 hour is the best.

Im very experienced. You asked a question and i gave you the correct answer. If you want to wait longer, do not wait longer than a hour. If you shits good, it starts smacking you in 30 minutes. General rule: Wait until youve come up and feel ok, then dose quickly.

I find that a redose about an hour/hour and a half into the roll extends the roll for about an hour. The quantities you mention are about right. I do 100 mg first dose, 50 mg second dose.
I'm usually floored after redosing.
The slow come up is intriguing. I plug and come up within 20 minutes.

honestly, i take usually a .1g of molly, mix in some yay and snort it all at once, and i am rollin for about 8 hours. i never tried splitting it to redose, but im always gonna snort it! hense the yay for the burn, and bam! just awesomeness for me at least.
I think splitting it wont give you enough force to get as high? kinda like taking the force in half, going so far, then later same amount. gonna be prolonged but not as high? think about jumping with half your effort twice, as opposed to jumping with full force once. obviously thats different time frame, but you get the idea.

....then again... if you think about driving on flat road. stepping on peddle half the way twice will still get you going pretty fast, so idk how it works.

honestly, i take usually a .1g of molly, mix in some yay and snort it all at once, and i am rollin for about 8 hours. i never tried splitting it to redose, but im always gonna snort it! hense the yay for the burn, and bam! just awesomeness for me at least.
I think splitting it wont give you enough force to get as high? kinda like taking the force in half, going so far, then later same amount. gonna be prolonged but not as high? think about jumping with half your effort twice, as opposed to jumping with full force once. obviously thats different time frame, but you get the idea.

....then again... if you think about driving on flat road. stepping on peddle half the way twice will still get you going pretty fast, so idk how it works.

you should definitely test your stuff. snorting cuts the duration of mdma (which is normally 3-5h) in half and cocaine mutes the effects of mdma.

splitting the first dose in 2 within about 30min is something i used to do it actually works great for those who never done it. sometimes people call it a booster dose. instead of one bigger dose hitting you at once the split dose lets the first dose kick in then being followed by the second right after. more peaceful come up but it makes you roll at a more steady pace with a longer steady peak. its like if a waittress comes to refill your glass before its completely empty.

you should definitely test your stuff. snorting cuts the duration of mdma (which is normally 3-5h) in half and cocaine mutes the effects of mdma.

dam! okay... well thats an interesting chunk of info... makes me really think..... ima test it next batch i get! i mean dont get me wrong, its AWESOME! but.... yah i wonder. cause i do know last time the line seemed almost twice as big with all the coke added to it, and i was rushing all kinds at first! then just rollin for hours, i mean it was a good 6-8 hours er so.... so i dont know how that ties in with the coke muting it, i mean, i gotta just eat that stuff i guess, without adding anything and see whats up! haha