• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Simulants - Cant get high after smoking meth for 2 days straight?

ComfortablyScum94

Greenlighter
Hello everybody. I can't find anything on this topic on the internet so i figured i'd come here and post myself. So basically, i use to be able to smoke for 3 or 4 days straight and still feel it a little bit toward the end there. I've been clean for almost a year and i decided to pick up again, i smoked for 2 days and tonight is night 3. But even last night, i couldnt get high! Its the weirdest thing. People go on 10 day binders and still get high, but i cant after just two days? What gives! I puff big cloud after big cloud and absolutely nothing. It may be worth mentioning that i am currently taking Seroquel and Antabuse so i dont know if they would interfere in any way? I know when i was taking Neltrexone i couldnt get high at all. I still get a racing heart rate, elevated skin temperature and dry mouth but these effects only last about 15-20 minutes. And the shit was getting me high when i first started smoking it but not nearly as high as i use to get. I haven't felt that "oh fuuuuuuuck" rush of meth in a while. Maybe its the stuff on the street these days? anyways, im hoping its just because i depleted all my dopamine and serotonin. thanks

I feel that, lol. I probably should stop. but will i? LOL. i still have a little left. i use to get high after 2 nights though, all the time. Just not right now.
also, i acually did sleep last night for like 7 hours and i ate a meal. and the night before i got 4 hours. still nothing

The full meth experience is complicated and depends on at least three neurotransmitter systems: dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin. Seroquel is an antogonist of all 3 receptor types and interacts in a complicated way with meth. At 50 mg it is theoretically primarily a histamine antagonist but there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that even at that level it prevents some parts of a meth high.

In many people, they will experience wakefulness for up to 48 hours and pro-sexual effects but no euphoria if they have not used for a while but take seroquel. After 48 hours they can barely get anything out of meth.

Chronic abuse of meth over time can also permanently reduce the sensitivity of these 3 systems. Acute abuse of meth can temporarily reduce their sensitivity. People with a history of chronic abuse tend to get shorter available periods of acute abuse before they become desensitised/tolerant.

I did a 150mg line earlier as a one off to prevent me from taking MDMA today and I'm high!! I was on abilify the last time i did meth and MAN!! Huge difference!! I did a lot less too! I probably didn't even get this high from half a gram with the abilify. I keep reading about rc's bc I've been off the market for a few years. Looks like some promising new shit! Lately I'm off all meds and having excellent results with meth and MDMA. I'm thinking about trying some a-phip. I haven't let myself get like that since a-php first was around for me in like 2013 or 14.

50 mg. i figured that was what it might be. i haven't taken it the last few nights though
Drugs like Seroquel have an action in the body which is sort of exponential. You take 50mg per day but wind up with say like 5000mg in your bloodstream after a couple weeks. Thus why most antidepressants and and antipsychotics and the like take a couple weeks to truly take effect. It's a buildup through your bodies biochemical reactions to these types of drugs. Only a few days off isn't gonna reduce the blood serum level enough to get high again, yet.

I suggest you stick to your Seroquel and not the meth. Psychosis is not fun. It's absolutely insane actually.