Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Simple strategies for dissociative risk reduction

tryptakid

Moderator: DP&MC
Staff member
Hi all, I posted this on reddit as well and wanted to bring up a discussion topic that I've been thinking about for some time. I figured I'd contribute this after someone posted about nausea related to 2f-dck use on reddit.

One of the most basic harm reduction strategies while using dissociatives is sugar. A can of ginger ale or a starburst will do. This will help with nausea and also helps with grounding you if you're too faded and want to bring yourself back. Ginger ale is great as it has the dual impact of helping to settle the stomach while also tasting great. Throw a slice of orange or some fruit in there to give yourself a little bit of carbohydrate complexity if you're feeling fancy.

There's no data out there to back this up, but I would also hazard a suggestion that sugar is probably protective to bladder effects of arcyclohexamines. I've been using keta since the late 90s and while I've had some weak stream issues over the years at times, they've gotten better with an overall healthy diet and exercise. I truly believe that these two simple things will have a profound impact on your ability to use dissociatives less risky and more fun ways.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has any scientific evidence that would go to support these things, so please contribute any possible ideas, studies, or theories that might apply.

Happy-holing

Yeah - I avoid 3-ho-pcp. Made me manic and psychotic a few years ago. Most dissos can do that if I use them for too long, but the tail of 3-ho-pcp lasted for months after a few weeks of regular use. I get too compulsive with dissos to mess with things that have the potential for being that unforgiving and also that 'clear headed' in the moment.

Dck was strange but i got it from that shop in Amsterdam who got almost every single order they ever sent anybody a letter from customs lol.