• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Simple cannabis chocolate recipe

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
I did this the other day. I just threw things together so the quantities are estimated.

Ingredients:
- 5 grams cannabis
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet, I'm sure milk would work fine)
- 1 tbsp fat that is solid near room temperature (I used vegetable shortening, but I'm sure coconut oil or butter would work as well)

Tools:
- baking tray and aluminum foil or parchment paper
- some sort of double boiler*
- 2 drinking glasses
- a small tea strainer with a fine mesh:
stainless-steel-tea-infuser.jpg

- two small spoons
- a chocolate mould or small cake pan

*For the double boiler, I just used a shallow steel pot with handles like this (but smaller) and let it sit inside a larger pot:

61zI%2BVSdwbL._SX425_.jpg

You want to make sure the bottom of the smaller pot does not sit directly at the bottom of the larger pot, and that the smaller pot is instead being held up by the handles, leaving a gap between its bottom and that of the larger pot. It's also important that the top pot has a flat bottom that is large enough to hold the two glasses.

Steps:

- Grind up the cannabis well.

- Spread the cannabis on aluminum foil or parchment paper, place on baking try, and bake at 250 degrees F for 30 minutes (the cannabis will probably turn somewhat brown). Or substitute your preferred decarboxylation conditions.

- Fill both pots of the double boiler about halfway up with water and bring to a gentle boil (at least the bottom water should be boiling, if the top is just steaming that's okay)

- Add the chocolate, fat, and cannabis to one of the glasses and put it in the top pot. Stir thoroughly until the chocolate is all melted, then for an additional 5 minutes.

- Put the second glass into the top pot.

- Hold the tea strainer over the second glass and poor the chocolate mixture through the tea strainer. You might have to do this portion by portion depending on how much of the chocolate goes through the strainer, as the strainer may fill to the top.

- With the strainer sitting in the bottom of the second glass, in the chocolate, use the spoon you had been using earlier to squeeze the chocolate down through the holes of the mesh while slowly raising the strainer out of the glass. You are done when most of the liquid has gone through and the remaining material is primarily the cannabis solids.

- Repeat as necessary until all the chocolate has been transferred to the second glass and remove the tea strainer.

- Use a second spoon to briefly stir the chocolate in the second glass, then remove it from the pot and pour it into a chocolate mould, cake pan, or other receptacle.

- Put the chocolate into the fridge and leave it for a couple hours.

That's it! It's probably not the highest-yielding way to go about things but it's quick and easy. I "licked the bowl" when I was done, which wasn't much chocolate at all, and got very high off of it. Your mileage may vary, especially if you have a high tolerance. I used a mould and got just over 10 chocolates out of this, each containing a theoretical maximum yield of about 50 mg of THC.

Last edited:
That's cool but straining the chocolate sounds pretty messy. I usually start by adding the green to the oil and decarbing in that then straining to get that out of the way up front and then just focus on the cooking. Decarbing in oil doesn't take as long as doing it raw, plus it bubbles during the process so you get a good visual indication of the process and when it finishes.

I also tried making chocolate from scratch with cocoa and coconut oil instead of cocoa butter ... and I wouldn't recommend it :( Coconut oil melts at such a low temp that it has to be kept in the fridge and it makes the chocolate messy to handle. Baker's chocolate is a good way to go though, IME it's the cheapest way to get chocolate with a good amount of cocoa butter, which is normally pretty expensive.

that is a really simple recipe I find it easier to just Source good quality hash and then make butter out of it and then makes it into whatever

I recently made marijuana pancakes and they turned out delicious! I saw the recipe here in case anyone is interested and I also love chocolate brownies with marijuana !!

Not sure about chocolate... Going to have to tinker with CCO and melted chocolate.