• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Similarities of phenibut and baclofen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markhilston29

Greenlighter
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this and I'm not looking to find a way to beat a drug test. I take phenibut regularly and go to an IOP that tests for drugs that normally aren't tested for like gabapentin. Now baclofen may be one of those drugs. I was just wondering if phenibut and baclofen have the same metabolites. My guess is that they do but I'm not sure and can't find the info anywhere. Do any of you guys know the metabolites of the two drugs?

Baclofen is effectivey 4-chloro phenibut, so I'd expect them to have different metabolites as removing the chlorine atom off the aromatic ring isn't a likely metabolic path.

Presumably phenibut will be hydroxylated, glucuronidate etc at the 4 position whereas I would expect that baclofen isn't. (I'd guess) I cannot find anything obvious on the metabolites of phenibut though.

Apparently baclofen is not metabolized very much and instead is excreted unchanged. So that would suggest that baclofen and phenibut should be easily differentiated.

This is still a drug testing question though, so I'ma close it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.