• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Similar to mushrooms?

I've never had either, but from the structure I would venture to suggest that it would be 4-AcO-DMT. Since psilocin is 4-hydroxy-DMT and the ester group on the 4-position may well likely simply cleave off in vivo very easily. Esters are quite labile. Although it is not a foregone conclusion. Whereas with dimethyl vs methylethyl substitution on the amino nitrogen, is chemically much more similar, and there are dramatic differences between for example 5-MeO-DMT and 5-MeO-DET, DMT/DET pairs, the amine nitrogen is much more important with the regard for the nature of the substituents in tryptamine psychedelics than it is in psychedelic amphetamines. There isn't much room for tweaking things in the phenethylamine/psychedelic amphetamine world, and even a secondary amine, with the likely exception of N-hydroxylamines is generally poorly tolerated with regards to psychedelic effects and potency.

I would say 4-HO-MET is more similar with regards to the visuals but it has much less mindfuck potential than mushrooms and is generally regarded as quite friendly. 4-ACO-DMT has a more stoning, sedative type aspect with auditory distortions and confusion and DMT-like closed-eye visuals. It also ends rather abruptly without much of an afterglow. I usually have a headache afterwards.

I've never had either, but from the structure I would venture to suggest that it would be 4-AcO-DMT. Since psilocin is 4-hydroxy-DMT and the ester group on the 4-position may well likely simply cleave off in vivo very easily. Esters are quite labile. Although it is not a foregone conclusion. Whereas with dimethyl vs methylethyl substitution on the amino nitrogen, is chemically much more similar, and there are dramatic differences between for example 5-MeO-DMT and 5-MeO-DET, DMT/DET pairs, the amine nitrogen is much more important with the regard for the nature of the substituents in tryptamine psychedelics than it is in psychedelic amphetamines.

To put that in layman's terms:
Both Psilocybin ("4-PO-DMT") and 4-AcO-DMT are most likely converted into Psilocin ("4-HO-DMT") in the human body.
4-HO-MET stays 4-HO-MET.

So logically 4-AcO-DMT would be closer to shrooms, although a number of users claim there are subtle differences.
4-HO-MET is generally regarded as being very visual while having a markedly less intense headspace than shrooms.

You can't really pick one, they are both similar in very different ways IMO:

- 4-AcO-DMT feels more like pure 4-HO-DMT or DMT to me somehow, creeps up on me and before I know it I can be in deep visionary trances etc.
- 4-HO-MET feels more like the lighthearted side of mushrooms to me, but apart from that closer to mushrooms if the whole experience and feeling is concerned. Must also be what I have been looking for in a psychedelic for quite some time, at some point I wanted to avoid inadvertently going deep in some hyperspace and getting lost there (4-AcO-DMT is hypnotic to me).

So 4-HO-MET is what I like about mushrooms, 4-AcO-DMT is what I find powerful about DMT at a calmer pace and more insidious.

I think 4-ho-met is what im looking for. Few giggles, nice patterns... nothing too deep. I've got acid if i want to go on a journey.

Thanks for the replies :)