• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

SIlkroad 2.0 down

Some people, such as those who comprise the DEA, will stop at nothing to make sure their fellow man doesn't get high.
no, that isn't the point.

the point is to create an illegal market and then extract as much value as possible out of it.

That makes sense up to a certain point, but if drugs were legalized, then the wealth they created after legalization in such things as taxes and generally benefitting the economy would more than dwarf that to be made now by law enforcement or drug cartels.

In other words, yes, keeping drugs illegal makes police make more in fines and seizures and allows the large scale black market financial backers of the drug trade to maximize profits, but drugs would be such a big industry if legalized, taxed, and sold over the counter at Wal-Mart that its profits would make the police and cartels' profits of today look paltry by comparison.

On the flip side, more people than ever would be getting high overall, on a wider variety of substances than ever before, and this is the one thing the sobriety police cannot abide by. That, and they point to 'moral decay.' There is also the 'fear of the unknown' factor. And the 'what about the children!' card.

However, any pandemonium--such as tripping teenagers running wild on the streets at night--that might immediately ensue after the large scale, full legalization of all drugs would quickly subside as drug users' societies gradually learned to incorporate drug x, y, and z into each's moral fabric of acceptable social mores.

Last edited:
"Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong."
Terrence McKenna

Until the Phish tour comes along and gives users a place to buy and use LSD or magic mushrooms and also gives them music and a place to be high for a few hours, all at a profit based on ticket prices and merchandising! In other words, when LSD first hit the mainstream around 1968, it was novel, unknown, and unpredictable. Society had never seen anything like it and had not yet developed social customs to maximize its utility and minimize its harm. Thirty years later, in 1998, anyone could go to a concert, take psychedelic drugs there, and return home as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Society had learned to incorporate tripping into the mainstream, in this example.

Make no mistake: The reason the ruling financial elite support drug prohibition--through such institutions as the government (whose politicians they sponsor) or secret societies (the Masons are known to be strongly opposed to drug legalization for the middle class, for example)--boils down to the huge black market profits they take in due to drugs' illegality. This story is as old as the Opium Wars between Great Britain and China. However, what I'm saying is that both the government and the top 0.1% actually have more to profit from a laissez faire, legal, freely available, drugs unlimited free market policy, than for more of the status quo.

Synthetic, drug induced pleasure or enlightenment is a good thing when used responsibly. Eventually society will come to see this fact. In the meantime, I will have to settle for my Benzedrex inhalers.

Last edited:
iv'e looked at silk road like a godsend. A way for people to have access to RELIABLE drugs without all the danger. I mean theres always danger involved when taking drugs, but atleast with these sites you can weed out all the bullshit you would encounter on the streets making it alot safer to enjoy drugs. makes me sad that drug users are treated as criminals in the same jails as murderers and rapists. we can enjoy substances but only the ones the governments approve. And like someone said on here the cops busting these people are probably out drinking and smoking tobacco, fucking hypocrites.

I too, was really happy with the opportunity to get top quality of whatever I wished. No dealing with shady characters in the alley, no huge chain of resellers taking (and adding) their cuts at every hand it goes through. HR-wise it turned out to be a lot safer.

I'm sad that we have a reputation of a criminal. The first psychedelic revolution was indeed a fail with LSD that time but many things changed since then. These so called drugs became tools. Yeah, there are people whose only intent is to get fucked on whatever they get their hands on but still for others they can be a great tool of self development, to seek harmony with others, with nature, to experience things from a different perspective. To dissolve boundaries, open the gates of perception. To realise there's so much more to life than to get in your car in the morning to make the corporate mill run.

Let me quote McKenna again (he was one of the greatest thinkers imho):

"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."

I enjoyed the quote as well.

This blows but do we think it will really change anthing, no.
He maDE far to many fuck ups to be working on somethin that hot.

Yeah, registering the SR 2.0 server under his Gmail account containing his real name in it was a bad gaffe. Still, the score for today is state sponsored fascism, one; freedom, zero.

Still, the score for today is state sponsored fascism, one; freedom, zero.

Considering how many markets are still up, including the largest one (which I imagine is about to become even larger, if they don't cut off registration for a while), I'd say freedom is still holding out. Yesterday people were buying drugs on the internet, and today people are still buying drugs in the internet, only difference is the url at the top of their screen.

too cocky?

"It is with great joy that I announce the next chapter of our journey," Silk Road 2.0's welcome message read. "Silk Road has risen from the ashes, and is now ready and waiting for you all to return home."

For its first month of operation, another operator, also known online as "Dread Pirate Roberts," controlled the site. The new "Dread Pirate Roberts," also called "DPR2" boasted that he had "taken steps the previous Dread Pirate Roberts wouldn't have even thought of" to protect the servers that would host the new website.

FBI Special Agent Vincent D'Agostino said in an affidavit that Benthall took control of the site on Dec. 20 following the arrests of three alleged administrators of the original Silk Road. Benthall allegedly posted on the Silk Road forum as "Defcon" on Dec. 22 that he had taken charge from "DPR2."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/06/feds-shut-down-silk-road-copycat/18591155/

Can the new Silk Road site be taken down as easily as the previous incarnation?

DPR 2.0: There is only one person in the world that knows who [my second in command] “Defcon” is—me. So unless the feds have me they can never take down the Road, because as soon as I am missing he knows to just move servers and hit the killswitch on my access. Just think how much the FBI will be squirming in their seats and red-faced again if they could arrest the Dread Pirate Roberts and the Road continues to function in their face.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/11/fbi-arrests-blake-defcon-benthall-alleged-operator-of-silk-road-2-0/

Last edited:
I feel dumb. I do t understend this darknet shit.I sure wish I did though. Life would be easier.

Last edited:
My favourite McKenna quote:

"We're playing with half a deck as long as we tolerate that the cardinals of government and science should dictate where human curiosity can legitimately send its attention and where it can not. It's an essentially preposterous situation. It is essentially a civil rights issue, because what we're talking about here is the repression of a religious sensibility. In fact, not a religious sensibility, the religious sensibility. Not built on some con game spun out by eunuchs, but based on the symbiotic relationship that was in place for our species for fifty thousand years before the advent of history, writing, priestcraft and propaganda. So it's a clarion call to recover a birthright."

Agora is a pretty nice market...between that and email only sources ppl will never stop buying drugs on the internet.

Well, back to questionnable quality stuff. On SR at least I had a rough idea about how much is on the blotter.

No you don't. In fact you guys are always way off. I see it all over the trip reports and such. Learn to judge the dose yourself, those guys just want to sell drugs.

----

"In August of this year, the group Digital Citizens' Alliance issued a report on the size of Darknet markets, including the number of items for sale on each. All told, Silk Road 2.0, Hydra and Cloud 9 accounted for roughly 20,000 out of 66,000 listings, including drugs and other items."

That is like saying Amazon UK has twice as many products for sale as Amazon USA so therefore it must sell twice as much. The number of listing means nothing. Also many of those listings could be fake/scams. This is really sloppy reporting, number of listings does not have any relation to a site's popularity.

No you don't. In fact you guys are always way off. I see it all over the trip reports and such. Learn to judge the dose yourself, those guys just want to sell drugs.
How do you know that? Have you been lab testing them?
All the 100-110 ug papers felt like 100-110 ug should based on descriptions and friends experiences, consistent quality so I found it reliable :)

Last edited:
Considering how many markets are still up, including the largest one (which I imagine is about to become even larger, if they don't cut off registration for a while), I'd say freedom is still holding out. Yesterday people were buying drugs on the internet, and today people are still buying drugs in the internet, only difference is the url at the top of their screen.
Yeah, you're right. It looks like we're in the era of internet drug deals.