• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Silk Road: the online drug marketplace that officials seem powerless to stop

One thing I can see happening is advancement in "sniffers" which might eventually operate under the guise, appropriately, of bomb and biological threat detection. We have heard of drugs of the NBOMe series being referred to as chemical weapons. Definitions... We can work with them and bend them. There are technologies on the horizon, I have heard, that will be able to penetrate solids, and alert for anything "dangerous" based on some ability to distinguish molecular make up.

I just hope we legalize my favorites (classics) before this, if it does happen, happens.

On the other hand there is a revoloution coming in the form of the 3d printer , I think a pharmaceutical printer is a logical next step and will probably come into existence within the next 20-30 years. This will eliminate the need to transport illegal drugs eventually , in this kind of scenario just imagine what all the ADD-heads can mean to us , I'll be the first to get an "designer-opiate-a-week" Subscription!

Idk if anyone knows or cares but like this is some serious shit going on

bitcoins used to be worth 10 fucking dollars

now theyre going for 120

thats a 12 times increase in your investment

and if you have a decent computer you can make this shit out of thin air

all those ads about "making money online" are bullshit

this is how you make money online, for doing absolutely nothing except making sure the power button is turned on

only a finite amount of bitcoins can be made fyi

get on the litecoin train before it is too late

I shouldnt even be saying that just yet buttfuck it

oh shit litecoins went from 50 cents to 3.92 since I last checked like 3 days ago

I need my new graphics card asap

^
lett me guess you just bought a shitload of bitcoins mr. "I shouldn't be saying this"

^
lett me guess you just bought a shitload of bitcoins mr. "I shouldn't be saying this"

haha why would I buy bitcoins now I see a crash happening in the near future as ASIC machines come out in full force and everyone is gonna be stacking bitocins like crazy

in fact, the only reason I think they havent released them yet is because the creators are using the shit out of them to mine as many bitcoins as possible before selling their product and destroying any competitive advantage they would have over regular GPU miners

if I had any respectable amount of bitcoins Id sell half now and put the rest towards litecoins

Idk if anyone knows or cares but like this is some serious shit going on

bitcoins used to be worth 10 fucking dollars

now theyre going for 120

thats a 12 times increase in your investment

and if you have a decent computer you can make this shit out of thin air

all those ads about "making money online" are bullshit

this is how you make money online, for doing absolutely nothing except making sure the power button is turned on

only a finite amount of bitcoins can be made fyi

get on the litecoin train before it is too late

I shouldnt even be saying that just yet buttfuck it

oh shit litecoins went from 50 cents to 3.92 since I last checked like 3 days ago

I need my new graphics card asap

There is absolutely no money to be made anymore with people running from there own home computers, no matter how good you think it is. It is now so much harder to mine coins, and with large PC specific bitcoin mining machines... If you were to try and do it from your own computer you would make as much money as youve spent on your electricity bill, no money in it anymore.

Silk Road wont be busted ever if they play their cards right, it's not like pirate bay you can't just track it down. Because of the way it works (tor/onion routing) it's not really possible to track down the origin servers because the information is passed through other computers (to keep it simple) and it's all encrypted. The biggest risk with silk road is getting problems with customs or postal services, or getting ripped off. On another note I have a friend who's recently made a couple of purchases and is impressed by the quality of goods.

^^ Or if the Tor Project is shut down, no? (but I don't see that happening since apparently it's used to defeat censorship in certain countries, and also by certain government agencies).

Not exactly. It's because there's a site-wide exception made for SR. Usually articles mentioning a source are either excluded or redacted (though redaction is pointless).

You (or anyone else) got a link for that? I regularly redact posts mentioning silk road, and I'm pretty sure other moderators in EADD do also. Members have come up with alternative names like "velvet highway". It would be great to cross this task off my modding duties, especially as it seems so ridiculous and futile.

hasn't it been in the news recently as being down alot? And some new place called Atlantis has also opened up and quite a few of the vendors have gone over to that? Just what I read... Think it was being dos'ed alot.

You (or anyone else) got a link for that? I regularly redact posts mentioning silk road, and I'm pretty sure other moderators in EADD do also. Members have come up with alternative names like "velvet highway". It would be great to cross this task off my modding duties, especially as it seems so ridiculous and futile.

I shouldn't link to it because it's in TPH. Go to advanced search and look up Silk Road Discussion in TPH.

Please let me know if something else was decided there because I never check that forum any more.

I shouldn't link to it because it's in TPH. Go to advanced search and look up Silk Road Discussion in TPH.

Please let me know if something else was decided there because I never check that forum any more.

I had a look, and I think I found the right thread, but I don't really see anything there other than a number of staff putting forth different opinions on it :) Nothing that I would call a statement of site policy, and indeed most members of staff seemed against open discussion.

That was 18 months ago though, and Silk Road is even more public than it was then, having been mentioned numerous times in BBC radio programmes for example.

I had a look, and I think I found the right thread, but I don't really see anything there other than a number of staff putting forth different opinions on it :) Nothing that I would call a statement of site policy, and indeed most members of staff seemed against open discussion.

Right, not an official policy but a relative permissiveness. I guess certain forums are ok with it and certain others are not.

When the original article came out, the mods back then (prior to my time) edited out the names of other onion sites but left SR, and I've simply followed their lead.