• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dosing Side effects?

Ken B

Bluelighter
Hi, I’m a new member. I have a question regarding smoking minimal amounts of weed while on prescription drugs, mainly 10 mg escitalopram an anti depressant and 7.5 zopilclone at night. I don’t want to get stoned but just calmed during the day. Thanks for any help.

Hi, I’m a new member. I have a question regarding smoking minimal amounts of weed while on prescription drugs, mainly 10 mg escitalopram an anti depressant and 7.5 zopilclone at night. I don’t want to get stoned but just calmed during the day. Thanks for any help.
u`ll be fine brother i have found NOTHING m/j interacts with badly nothing at all weed is peaceful~! lol peACE

mainly 10 mg escitalopram an anti depressant and 7.5 zopilclone
Have been smoking for a looooong time and have mixed weed with everything that I have taken... but have never taken the above substances... sans anti-depessant prescribed for nerve issues... which sits in the fridge for years and may take one if I find it seriously difficult to sleep for days.
A bit sideways, but:
The only thing (for me so far) weed has negatively interacted with would be benzo withdrawals. :sus:

u`ll be fine brother i have found NOTHING m/j interacts with badly nothing at all weed is peaceful~! lol peACE

Respectfully, no. Weed is a drug like anything else. Although it is very safe to consume by itself, interactions with other drugs are a real,concern. I was on a drug (Prazosin) for PTSD. It interacts badly. If you want open eyed visuals then it’s good.

A large number of blood pressure meds also don’t play well with weed b/c they are metabolized through the same set of cytochromes in the liver (for me, in particular Irbesartan and Labetalol). I gotta watch the timing and dosing of edibles to make sure my blood pressure doesn’t go too low (verified repeatedly by a nurse taking my bp after I had consumed edibles on a number of occasions). Normal bp w/meds ~120/90. With edibles it’s gone as low as 89/69.

Escitalopram and Zopiclone both put me in the hospital due to cyclical vomiting. However, my aversion to those drugs was not related to MJ.

Ken B - ask a medical professional that you can trust.

Tom

Have been smoking for a looooong time and have mixed weed with everything that I have taken... but have never taken the above substances... sans anti-depessant prescribed for nerve issues... which sits in the fridge for years and may take one if I find it seriously difficult to sleep for days.
A bit sideways, but:
The only thing (for me so far) weed has negatively interacted with would be benzo withdrawals. :sus:
Thanks

Hi, I took a small amount of edibles in the evening, waited 2 hours then had 1/2 mg, I did get a relaxed effect as I am a new user, and no ill effects from my prescription meds.

Thanks for the comments. I have tried edibles and have not had any side effects from my prescription meds. I am taking lower doses more for a medical stand point than to get high,.