View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Side effects

illiquid

Bluelighter
I am a relative newbie when it comes to recreational substances, before this weekend had only tried mdma and methylone 5 or 6 times - never had any problems with comedown. This long weekend however, I managed to get a hold of a wider variety of things, and took the following, all at low-moderate doses:

Friday: weed edibles, then GHB (1.5g)
Saturday: Mushroom edible (1g), MDMA (200mg), 2cb (1st time only 10mg)
Sunday: MDA (150mg), 2cb (18mg), 25i-nbome (1500ug spaced apart)

Monday I barely woke up after only a few hours sleep, and felt pretty horrible for a few hours (extreme exhaustion, wobbly, dizzy, incoherence, cold sweat). This subsided and I felt ok later in the day.

Tuesday (today): Hit a boot camp class which I usually take 4-5x a week; felt GREAT, stamina was best ever and weights felt lighter than usual. However, the rest of day was hit with several bouts of diarrhea. Generally no other discomfort. Additionally, my skin feels great, as if my pores got cleaned out and tightened.

My question is, out of the above, which do you think would give a boost of energy as an aftereffect, and which would be the culprit for the runs? And even skin effects? I think I can count out the weed and mdma/mda, as I've never had after effects like the above on those in prior experiences. So my guess is 2cb, shrooms, GHB or the 25i? Any thoughts?

There should be no reason for an energy boost from any of those substances, especially considering you probably never got the best sleep.
However with that being said, slight sleep deprivation can cause slight mania (although I dislike using that term, more like added wakefulness) for a short period of time, usually one day.
Think of it like this, have you ever had a night where no matter what you did you couldn't sleep well, and were afraid you were gonna be exhausted the next day, but felt like you had more energy than normal but not until the next day did you feel exhausted?
This is the same thing, and I believe it to be your body's natural defense mechanism against minor sleep deprivation.

As I'm someone who often has difficulty sleeping, I know this pattern all too well, and can now predict days when I'll have excessive energy vs. normal amounts of energy vs. a complete lack of energy and concentration.

MDMA entirely. I believe MDA too. I use to have terrible terrible skin when I was on a lot of pressies (RE: 21 pills in 24 hours not uncommon. I was trying to deal, big mistake). When I came off it, My skin was bad for weeks. It definitely can give you the runs too. Doesn't sound like you are abusing anything too much, so it should be short lived. But I would put money on it being that. Not the mushrooms, not the pot, I take GHB every day and have none of those effects from it. Some times I can't hold me pee if I fall asleep, but that's it. Actually my partner wet the bed last night. First time in a long time! haha

But as far as the energy, that could be the GHB. After a 3 hour power nap, i'm good to go for the day. Before I would always need 6-7 hours to be happy. G's great for that. The mushrooms and MDMA will drain your energy the next day.

^ I've done that, thinking that it's harmless so you could take it as if it were a health supplement almost.

After a while I did feel cracked out from it, plus you get tolerant and dependent making it more and more anxious and nasty as you come down - if you take it so frequently at all (definitely NOT recommended) ignoring tolerance is a must: never keep upping the dose to get the same effect. People who love to push the dose to the max to get the most out of it have the most issues staying 'satisfied' with less and also of course overdose territory is close when you push it.
Upping the dose is dangerous when you stop taking it too abruptly, the withdrawal is too heavy. Fortunately I never upped my dose, and I sort of got away with it by taking certain medications during the day I quit after having taken it daily for a while.

All that sodium from GHB is very unhealthy, bad for kidneys etc! I'm not sure how narcoleptic patients who take G medicinally deal with that - if it is accepted...
Also there is a risk of chronic effects of some kind, maybe mild signs that are remotely similar to 'post acute withdrawal syndrome' from benzos or other downers: possible problems with anxiety, sleep, or compromised resistance to stress. It's definitely different and less obvious, but GHB addiction can be very serious and even very dangerous.

G is relatively safe when dosed conscientiously and combinations are always considered very seriously for possible dangers... but it's definitely not harmless and a sort of wonder drug that I once thought it is when I was younger and less experienced. Since then I learned that there are GHB addiction clinics in my country where serious addicts must taper gradually, and that the number of G addicts is/was on the rise.

Keep it occasional please. :)

More GHB discussion is best suited in the Other Drugs forum, so be aware of that.. If you have more questions I will take the GHB discussion from this thread out and move it there.. ;)

Last edited: