• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Side effects of meth do you get any and what are they

Mimi Bordeaux

Bluelighter
Hi there people 🤔 I am wondering if you ever get bad side effects from meth. Tell me what you get and how much you know about it etc

It all depends on the dose and how frequently you take it. If you take high doses (which is what most recreational users tend to do) frequently, meth is evidently neurotoxic. OD and chronic high-dose usage could indicate arrhythmia, hyperthermia, and hypertension, which are all cardiotoxic, and hyperthermia might lead to multi-organ failure.

But IMO, if one uses meth therapeutically, it is one of the most potent stimulants for medical conditions like ADHD. Definitely not for everyone.

When I was experimenting with ROA (oral and sublingual) and with dose, I ended up OD'ing multiple times. I get tachycardia, anxiety, and in some cases panic attacks. But taking alprazolam would help when I have an attack.

If you use meth continuously for many days (even with proper sleep, food, etc.), you will still get withdrawals (which is lack of motivation, mental fatigue, etc.) which last at least 3 days to a week for me in worst cases.

But the other day when I was sleep deprived from a meth dose, I got an increased BP and heart rate whenever I got off the bed. My heart rate would increase to 180 when I stood up, and I had acute grade 2 hypertension but a good sleep made that go away.

Always sleep, stay hydrated, and force yourself to eat when you're on meth.

Hey OP

This thread is a little bit on the line in terms of how general it is. I think you would be better off consulting a resource like wikipedia. Better yet, Erowid.com is an old but still extremely valuable resource. It is like a Wikipedia article written by someone who uses drugs, which helps humanize the descriptions.

If there are particular symptoms that concern you that you are experiencing, go ahead and mention those specifically. Then we can potentially help you find ways of mitigating said symptoms. If you start just by making a thread as general as this, you're going to get a hundred different answers and they're not going to be objective. It will be hard for you to learn anything effectively and it sounds like you're starting from a point of limited knowledge on this particular subject.

Check o[ut Erowid's Methamphetamine vault

Hey OP

This thread is a little bit on the line in terms of how general it is. I think you would be better off consulting a resource like wikipedia. Better yet, Erowid.com is an old but still extremely valuable resource. It is like a Wikipedia article written by someone who uses drugs, which helps humanize the descriptions.

If there are particular symptoms that concern you that you are experiencing, go ahead and mention those specifically. Then we can potentially help you find ways of mitigating said symptoms. If you start just by making a thread as general as this, you're going to get a hundred different answers and they're not going to be objective. It will be hard for you to learn anything effectively and it sounds like you're starting from a point of limited knowledge on this particular subject.

Hey thanks man for this information. It is perfect for what I'm after. Terrific đź‘Ť

Vasoconstriction is pretty serious, and it leads easily to hyperthermia If you are dehydrated too. I get severe vasoconstriction with meth every time, it feels Bad and makes me feel cold and body load. I get also high blood pressure. Anxiety and paranoia sometimes.

When used therapeutically (I.E. oral doses under 50mg or so) it's also Neuroprotective.
Interesting paper. I remember coming across a video about the neuroprotective properties of meth after brain injury some time ago.

I used to self-medicate with ~23mg of crystal methamphetamine daily for my ADHD. I took it continually on the weekdays and took two-day breaks on the weekends. It significantly improved my life (if it weren't for meth, I would've dropped out of school and become a loser); untreated ADHD messed me up completely, and meth literally saved me.

I never abused meth (or any drug for that matter), and I never took meth more than 25mg within 24 hours (that's my hard limit). I measure ~23mg of crystal meth and take it orally (using empty capsules). I used to be very paranoid about the potential neurotoxicity and cardiotoxicity of self-medicating with crystal meth (like, we can't walk into a clinic and say I self-medicate with crystal meth; the fear of being looked down upon always gets me). So I used to take it supplements like Acetyl-L Carnitine, magnesium, etc.

I self-treated with a daily dose of meth until I saved up enough money for an actual ADHD diagnosis and have been on Vyvanse ever since. But I take ~23mg of crystal meth orally every now and then if I'm hitting a deadline or need to work for 15-20 hours straight. Meth never disappoints me :)

It's a life-saving drug IF used properly (saying from my personal experience). I always thought using more than the FDA guideline of 25mg per 24 hours for ADHD might result in neurotoxicity; and that even repeated use of ~23mg methamphetamine every day might also result in neurotoxicity, but I guess I was wrong.

And some of the main side effects I've experienced are: Hyper-sexuality, compulsive masturbation, mania, and weight loss. I never really experienced any of the dreaded "come down" effects of meth that you hear a lot of people talk about. Then again I only ingested it in low doses, and I also exercised rigorously while coming down, which helped a ton.
I think I've only experienced hypersexuality and excessive masturbation when I'm already vulnerable to it (like if I didn't jerk off in the past 2 two days or so) or I came across something so stimulating I get distracted into an endless loop.

But it occurs rarely with meth and Vyvanse. I only ever experienced frequent hypersexuality when I was on methylphenidate.

There are reasons why I didn't mention the actual type of side effect. I have told people before and I get laughed at. And people have a very biased view of some of the side effects:+

Hey OP

Thanks for the reference to the site you mentioned 🙂
Hey OP

Vasoconstriction is pretty serious, and it leads easily to hyperthermia If you are dehydrated too. I get severe vasoconstriction with meth every time, it feels Bad and makes me feel cold and body load. I get also high blood pressure. Anxiety and paranoia sometimes.
What was the dose of meth that you took that caused the serious vasoconstriction?

Every prescription stimulant causes a mild increase in blood pressure and heart rate, including meth. But I think it depends on the dose.

There are reasons why I didn't mention the actual type of side effect. I have told people before and I get laughed at. And people have a very biased view of some of the side effects:+

I understand where you're coming from in being embarrassed. I'm happy to be the one to tell you that here at Bluelight, you're truly among friends. You don' need to be embarrassed about anything. I'm not just saying this, I and many others here live it. We don't let a little bit of shame get in the way of knowledge. I've discussed at length how I have spent hours/days isolated, masturbating while under the influence of Amphetamines, to give you one small example. I'm pretty open and objective about the rectal administration of drugs, another formerly taboo subject that I think we've helped to make less so as a community for the sake of HR.

Don't be shy. I'm sure whatever it is you're thinking of, one of us has likely done it or experienced it at one point in our collective being.

What was the dose of meth that you took that caused the serious vasoconstriction?

Every prescription stimulant causes a mild increase in blood pressure and heart rate, including meth. But I think it depends on the dose.
I don't remember for sure but i think it was 500mg total (for 2 days span)

I don't remember for sure but i think it was 500mg total (for 2 days span)
Yeah, that's a lot of meth. But I think the more serious side effect of vasoconstriction than hyperthermia is heart attack, especially if someone's prone to it (have read a lot of such cases where dealers intentionally OD meth while getting arrested, and most of it is fatal and have died).

Constant sweating
Sexual obsession
Dehydration
Persistent insomnia
Auditory hallucinations
Paranoia
Inability to feel pleasure or euphoria from other drugs
Deep sadness/depression
Mania
Psychosis
Weight Loss
Etc...
Etc...

I also see all of this in other people who use it.

Yeah I'll take heroin any day over meth.

etc.

I think if someone (like the dealer in case 1) wanted to kill themselves, I think OD'ing on opioids (preferably fentanyl) would be more "smooth" and painless than trying to OD on meth (which is a really painful death, often due to cardiac failure).