• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sickness symptoms feel oddly similar to different drug effects?

Ventrusii

Bluelighter
The backstory:

I've had a cold for the past 6 days, since Nov. 9th, and it has seemingly only been a fever and extreme muscle and joint fatigue/pain, respectively.

Other than that, I stopped completely my use of nicotine, following a ~2 week, all day nicotine use. I doubt that the muscle fatigue and joint pain were all to do with this, but there may have been minor enhancements of pain and such because of the cessation.

But then there are the symptoms, which I can only seem to describe using relations to various psychoactives, and it seems to very oddly fit.

The Symptoms:

First, there's the physical sensations.

I have extremely constricted pupils. I thought this was funny, as my eyes haven't even gotten this small on any of my opiate uses. Weirder than this, is that there just seems to be a sense of cognitive euphoria that isn't caused by dopamine, because my motivation to do the slightest task is 0, and it isn't caused by serotonin, because I get ravenously hungry at times where I'm very happy.

Just confusing.

But even more so, is the tingling that I experience constantly, all day. It feels like the painful, electric tingles you'd experience on anti-cholinergics, but much more dulled, in a sense. This makes them not so painful, but far from pleasurable at the same time. And these happen all day, usually in my ears, but sometimes in my hands and lips.

Then, there's the cognitive changes.

The only cognitive change that I have felt is a very odd dissociation, feeling as if my body was acting on its own will and feeling disconnected from my environment. Along with this, I have very conceptual thoughts and have trouble keeping a small train of thought, which is very annoying.

In all, I ask of anyone who has read this far, is,

What in the fucking hell is going on? Is this normal in any way? What could my body be doing that would cause this or how would this help in any way?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My apology:

I am really, really sorry that my post is not the best in terms of description and wording, but I want to ask this now because it's really bothering me because I've got no idea what is going on.

Sadly I can't tell you if this is normal or not. What I can tell you is I can relate in a sense. I've tried quitting nicotine so many times and the longest I've gone is about a week and by the end of the week I felt very disassociated. Similar to a negative dxm experience. I also was only hungry when I was in a good mood (as good as it can be when your suffering withdrawals). Best of luck in your endeavor, I hope you have a stronger will than I.

Nicotine acts to increase nicotinic and muscarinic receptor activity. Diphenhydramine acts to decrease muscarinic receptor activity. Dxm decreases nicotinic acetylcholine activity.