• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Sick, sun stroke?

✿Dai₷y✿

Bluelighter
Hi

I was so stupid yesterday.

I am on holiday, went to rottnest Island and spent the day without sun screen in the heat and at the beach swimming.

Rest of the day cycling around and also at the pub drinking.

I knew when I got home I was burned but today I realise the extent id worse than I thought.

Totally red all over swollen, intense pain.

My head isn't working and can't think straight. Can't move without pain and head feels too heavy.

Csnt focus.

Parents looking after daughter this avo as they are shocked at the redness and know im feeling awful

What besides rehydrating and aloe vera can I do, probably not much right?

God im an idiot. I slithered my daughter in sun screen and kept her hydrated and in the shade, lectured her but didn't bother doing same.

I have hydralyte and ibuprofen, soma, out of codeine unfortunately.

Damn that sounds awful, I hate sunburn. I don't think I've ever had it as bad as you're describing. I think ibuprofen will probably help some. I do think you probably got sun stroke or heat exhaustion, it sounds like it. Are you alone? I think if you've got someone around, you should just rest and drink a lot of water, use aloe vera or some other skin soothing sunburn cream, ibuprofen for pain. Soma might help but then it might be best not to get high while you're recovering.

If you're alone, you might consider going to see a doctor if possible. I think you guys don't have to worry about getting charged a bunch if money over there, right? Heat stroke can be pretty serious.

Oh I’m so sorry, it’s absolutely horrible having sun stroke.

Try to stay in a cool area, soak some towels and put them on your head, put on a fan to keep yourself cool. Make sure you’re hydrating well but don’t drink too much either. Electrolytes are a good idea also.

If you’re still feeling awful, are dizzy and what not then you do need to contact a dr. Heat stroke can be very dangerous.

The aloe Vera will help with the sunburn.

Hope you feel better soon.