• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Sick Of Heroin/Opioid stigma & misinformation

>they do not impact your judgement making skills the same way alcohol does.

I mean, maybe for you. But the only time I thought it was a good idea to throw a brick with a menacing, threatening note into my neighbours property telling them the next bricks will be through their windows was when I was fucked up on opiates. They were being annoying but not *that* annoying.

That was on high levels of tramadol and codiene.

The first time I thought it was a good idea to smoke meth was when I was high on black tar heroin. I didn't take up a habit(of either) but when I was sober I never considered touching meth. I'd say smoking meth when you never do is poor judgment?

Either way, I think it's important to recognize that how you function on a drug isn't how everyone else does. Some people are super happy, friendly, kind and warm people when they drink alcohol. Some people turn into violent, disgusting monsters that kill their spouse in a fit of drunken rage. Personally I don't drink anymore besides the odd special occasion like a wedding or something but I used to drink regularly and got addicted for a short period in my early 20s. I have never done anything I regret while intoxicated, and I got drunk a lot! Drunk me is still very polite and respectful, friendly etc. But I don't go telling others how alcohol is awesome and has a false stigma because equally I have a mate who gets super violent when they drink. They no longer drink because of it.
Fair enough, but the same can be said in reverse.

Technically, opioids do not have anything in their pharmacological mechanisms that should be impacting your judgement like that.

Usually impaired judgement / decision making, amnesia & poor impulse control is a side effect of gaba drugs (i.e. - alcohol, benzos, etc..).
Opioids are actually gaba antagonists & would therefore do the opposite of what gaba drugs do (i.e. - impair judgement, etc.).
Technically speaking, opioids are convulsants, where as alcohol & benzos are anticonvulsants (well not all benzos possess anti-convulsion activity)

So maybe you just had less patience for people on opioids?

To each their own though. I've got enough assault charges & suicide attempts thanks to alcohol.
I also have a dead sister thanks to alcohol.
I've never gotten violent like that on opioids. And ironically have never overdosed in the 15 years that I've been on them.

In fact, in 2016 I moved into a new apartment & there was a girl who lived across from me & a guy behind me, both around my age & we all lived with our parents.
Well they were drunks & stoners & I invited them over one day & they saw me doing heroin in my closet & I offered to share with them.
After we all took a bump, we felt so damn good that all 3 of us actually cuddled together (like some Requiem for a dream shit). I wouldn't normally feel that close or empathogenic toward people, but opioids have always had that quality about them for me. I'd rather cuddle with people & nod than assault people on alcohol I guess.

I still speak with this girl to this very day. One of my best friends. She's a raging alcohol still though. We both found heroin provided better relief, antidepressant qualities & better stability than alcohol or most other drugs. Opioids & cannabis will always be my go to's.

Fair enough, but the same can be said in reverse.

Technically, opioids do not have anything in their pharmacological mechanisms that should be impacting your judgement like that.

Usually impaired judgement / decision making, amnesia & poor impulse control is a side effect of gaba drugs (i.e. - alcohol, benzos, etc..).
Opioids are actually gaba antagonists & would therefore do the opposite of what gaba drugs do (i.e. - impair judgement, etc.).
Technically speaking, opioids are convulsants, where as alcohol & benzos are anticonvulsants (well not all benzos possess anti-convulsion activity)

So maybe you just had less patience for people on opioids?

To each their own though. I've got enough assault charges & suicide attempts thanks to alcohol.
I also have a dead sister thanks to alcohol.
I've never gotten violent like that on opioids. And ironically have never overdosed in the 15 years that I've been on them.

In fact, in 2016 I moved into a new apartment & there was a girl who lived across from me & a guy behind me, both around my age & we all lived with our parents.
Well they were drunks & stoners & I invited them over one day & they saw me doing heroin in my closet & I offered to share with them.
After we all took a bump, we felt so damn good that all 3 of us actually cuddled together (like some Requiem for a dream shit). I wouldn't normally feel that close or empathogenic toward people, but opioids have always had that quality about them for me. I'd rather cuddle with people & nod than assault people on alcohol I guess.

I don't know enough science to make claims regarding how these drugs mess with our brains, I just have personal experience.

You are the opposite of me in that I can handle alcohol and be civilized, but opiates turn me into a total fuckwit.

And don't get me wrong, I don't think alcohol is a good drug and I hate how widely used and normalized it is.

But I think on a statistical basis, heroin ruins more lives than it helps, and alcohol is a casual drug that doesn't ruin lives more than not. On the scale of averages, I think heroin is just a notch or two worse at the very least.

Because I know a handful of people who smoked heroin and over 50% are basically a write off at this point, I really don't see them ever getting out of it beyond death.

However alcohol which almost everyone I know either used or uses, has only ruined one life of the people I know. To me that's a very stark difference. The vast majority of people who touch alcohol keep it casual and can continue to function as a normal member of society(mostly because it's used so casually). I don't think you can say the same for heroin.

Yaaa, this is bad on opioids. People just piss me off.
Definitely!

I absolutely get opioid irritability!!!
Especially if I'm feeling really good & some one interrupts me or something. lol Although I've never thrown a brick anyone for it.

I'd say impatience & opiate irritability is alot less extreme than the amnesiac violent & emotional tendencies I got from alcohol tho.

I can remember mixing tequila and trazadone when I was 16. I was awake & alive one minute at a friends house, the next minute I was waking up in my own bed with a bloody nose. I was like wtf & immediately went over to my friends & had to ask everyone wtf happened to me.

Apparently I had left my friends house & went down to another friends house & was being a total asshole to the people that were hanging out there. So much so, that I got into a pretty big fight. And my other friends had to come down there & get me. I have absolutely ZERO recollection of any of it happening. I can't even comprehend how I could be so gone yet still be able to walk & talk the entire time & not even know I was doing it. I only remember sitting on my friends bed with my bottle of tequila, then nothing, then waking up in my bed with a bloody nose. Crazy shit.

I don't know enough science to make claims regarding how these drugs mess with our brains, I just have personal experience.

You are the opposite of me in that I can handle alcohol and be civilized, but opiates turn me into a total fuckwit.

And don't get me wrong, I don't think alcohol is a good drug and I hate how widely used and normalized it is.

But I think on a statistical basis, heroin ruins more lives than it helps, and alcohol is a casual drug that doesn't ruin lives more than not. On the scale of averages, I think heroin is just a notch or two worse at the very least.

Because I know a handful of people who smoked heroin and over 50% are basically a write off at this point, I really don't see them ever getting out of it beyond death.

However alcohol which almost everyone I know either used or uses, has only ruined one life of the people I know. To me that's a very stark difference. The vast majority of people who touch alcohol keep it casual. I don't think you can say the same for heroin.
Well alcohol related deaths are much higher annually than they are from any other drug, so I wouldn't say "heroin ruins more lives than alcohol" is a fact.
At least in the US. With fentanyl replacing heroin though, that number is definitely going up. Yet it's still not as high as annual alcohol & tobacco deaths.

I knew lots of heroin users & the only thing that ended up ruining their lives was getting a batch of shitty fentanyl & not being aware of it. Otherwise they were just fine & functional everyday with diacetylmorphine.

Not to say heroin won't ruin somebody's life in the wrong hands either though. It's really an individual basis thing. Not to mention, heroin being illegal makes being dependent/addicted to it much more difficult than say.. being an alcoholic. If the legality were removed, stigma were removed, most of the people you know might be able to lead better lives.

Alcohol enjoys benefits of legality. I wonder how heroin use averaged if it were legal with reasonable regulations and less stigmatized culture and so.

Alcohol enjoys benefits of legality. I wonder how heroin use averaged if it were legal with reasonable regulations and less stigmatized culture and so.
Me too!!

People seem to forget that heroin being a class A drug is still a relatively new phenomenon that only came about, like what, 80 years ago when the drug war was declared?

Before that, you could walk into a store & buy legal heroin, for babies even!!!!!
I don't recall society collapsing back then.. or any mass overdose deaths like we're seeing today. Gee, I wonder why!

We might not have a fentanyl problem today if people were able to still walk into a store & buy legal morphine & diacetylmorphine.

Well alcohol related deaths are much higher annually than they are from any other drug, so I wouldn't say "heroin ruins more lives than alcohol" is a fact.

I knew lots of heroin users & the only thing that ended up ruining their lives was getting a batch of shitty fentanyl & not being aware of it. Otherwise they were just fine & functional everyday with diacetylmorphine.

Not to say heroin won't ruin somebody's life in the wrong hands either though. It's really an individual basis thing. Not to mention, heroin being illegal makes being dependent/addicted to it much more difficult than say.. being an alcoholic. If the legality were removed, stigma were removed, most of the people you know might be able to lead better lives.

I definitely agree that legality and stigma compound issues with heroin, or even create ones that wouldn't exist otherwise. I think you are overlooking the addiction side of it though.

It gets a grip on people like.. Damn. Alcohol doesn't do that to the majority but I feel, atleast from what I've seen, heroin gets people hooked very hard and very easily. It's not even comparable to alcohol in that regard.

And while addiction itself isn't dangerous per se, the lengths you'll go to, to feed that addiction, can be dangerous. Yes regulated, cheap, clean heroin might solve some of that but poverty is real and short of literally offering it for free, you'd still see people robbing stores or prostituting themselves in unsafe ways to get a bit of cash for their govt subsidized dope bag. You'd still get people cutting shit and selling it cheaper. Look at the legal cannabis market.. how the black markets are thriving. An argument to be made to not do it like that is certainly there, but thats where we are at so its accurate to based how things would go off the only other drug thats been legalised in recent time.

I don't think the way it makes you act(or not act) is really the issue with heroin. Like you say that's just down to whatever hands it lands in. Some people like you function. Some people like me turn into fuckwits.

Its the addiction, and the consequences of that addiction. And honestly, I don't know if theres any way you can facilitate addiction and not have a a bunch of the negatives we currently experience with heroin addicts currently.

I can agree with that.

Society needs to stop looking at addiction/dependence as a moral failing or criminal issue.
Banning the drugs & arresting people isn't helping at all either & often makes things harder & worse for people.

I got busted for growing weed when I was 22. I was then thrown on probation & had to not smoke weed.
Instead I dabbled down even harder into opioids (especially tramadol at the time, since it was considered "non-narcotic" back then).
I also started buying and smoking all these different kinds of synthetic cannabinoids I was finding online. I have no idea some of the things I probably smoked through that whole year of probation. Some of it fucked me up big time & made me feel like I might lose my mind. All of this was a result of prohibition & punishing me for having 3 baby pot plants. If I had been allowed to grow my own pot & be left alone, I might have gone a totally different direction.

I should add that I've been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder & conversion disorder. So I already have strong emotions naturally as it is & some drugs bring out the negative emotions more than the positives. I also have major depression & opioids have always seem to stabilize my mood better than any of the psychiatric drugs I've been given. The mood stabilization feels "natural" too, from opioids, where as being thrown on antipsychotics, SSRI's & mood stabilizers feels artificial and forced. Not to mention the latter drugs come with about 500 bonus side effects that you wouldn't have with an opioid.

Having conversion disorder also means I feel pain & some times get disease-mimics. I'll feel like I have cancer somewhere in my body, it'll hurt like hell. I'll feel sick. And then one day it just disappears or I'll go to the doctor & they'll say "results came back normal". But for me, these pains & illnesses still feel incredibly real & because opioids are illegal, my ability to treat any of it is limited & in the hands of some one else who doesn't have to live in my body, which frustrates me to no end.

The "high" I get from opioids is basically what I like to think people without depression or problems feel like. Just normal, excited to live, productive, pain-free, social, etc..

Everyone has different experiences & what not, but I think we can all agree that the drug war & depriving people of the right to choose their medicines or have more say in their care, is wrong & needs to change. Alot of addicts get treated like they're stupid or ignorant & don't know anything about drugs by doctors. I can't count the many times I've had to correct doctors or inform them about the drugs they push or the dangerous interactions of the drugs they put me on. It's absolutely ridiculous. I know enough pharmacology & basics & have been using drugs for well over 20 years. I'm at a point where I could basically tell a doctor what is gonna work for me & what won't, but this gets considered "drug seeking behavior". When in reality, I just want to be able to function, live & be able to enjoy moments in my life. It's much harder to do with total sobriety & abstinence too, at least for me. Drugs are a part of who I am now & I don't really regret a lot of my experiences.

I appreciate the civilized discourse @moonyham :)

Last edited:
I find; as a pain patient on Methadone for 15 years; that so much is wrong with American value system. You literally are labelled a weirdo if you don't drink; and a dirty junkie if you are on methadone; whether from a dr for pain or from a clinic; its the same. Alcohol makes you so very very dangerous to others and unstable. And prone to make terrible decisions. One of my son's friend wakes up on the couch only to be told he parked his somehow dented car on the front lawn, another gets residential rehab for pot; only to be drinking hard alcohol every day at work now. And my son; he was doing 80 past the police station; now he will ride with me but riding with his pals makes him feel sketchy; cuz they drive crazy and are drunk most(all?) of the time.

The more sober one in my son's group is dead from taking a fake Oxy 30. if only the narcotics were accurately dosed and available; we wouldn't have so many overdose deaths; and not as severe problesms from the so called opiate epidemic.

We are steered from white bread carb diets and monkey see, monkey do learning from friends and parents, to accept and be alcoholics. I tried to control my wife's alcohol use; she liked her nightly wine and we sort of looked down our noses together at day drinkers. When she decided we were divorcing; and lord knows that is terrific, she had developed gout and was driving around with a flask in her car. I have been peacefully maintaining on methadone this whole time; sometimes I smoke pot, but usually not. On pain meds I could surf, drive 180 miles to the beach, surf 6 hours; and drive 180miles back on the same day. Staying away from alcohol has saved my life; pain meds helped me lead my life. Not saying they are great or anything as much as alcohol is very evil and wrecks lives more quickly.
When they take me off of meds; and train me more towards mindfulness to manage my pain; I may give in and drink like everyone else does. destroying my organs in the process too!
You really said a mouthful -- and your plight has made me think about how everything is about what you said. Your situation is one in many today in America. I'm watching how the doctors and government seems like they are all in it together in making society suffer.

V

p.s. I'm sorry about your divorce.

If I can't rant here, please feel free to move it.

I've been a drug addict for well over 20 years. I've done just about everything.
12 of those years were spent on pain pills only, with about another 5 years with heroin use on & off. I did other shit too off & on obviously & am a stoner, so cannabis is pretty much required for any of my other drug experiences.

Through out my own experience & research, I have discovered that society has been conditioned to believe flat out lies regarding heroin/opioid use.

When I used heroin & opioids, they made me more physically active, controlled my depression, my pain & made me more responsible.
I try to make it my duty to speak openly across the internet about my experience & how I think it's wrong that heroin is illegal. (When I say heroin, I mean specifically diacetylmorphine only). I never even once overdosed in all those years, but I think part of that comes down to my dealer. He made sure to only give me rocks, never any cuts. I also hated the way benzos & alcohols muddied up my opioid effects, so I rarely mixed it with those because when I had H/pain pills, then what the hell did I need benzos or alcohol for? I didn't.

I am constantly running into people pushing things like "heroin is more dangerous than alcohol".
I even had one person today tell me that "heroin effects your judgement making skills more than alcohol".
I told them that's false & then asked them to describe to me how mu-receptor activation would even cause the same judgement ruining effects as alcohol & of course they couldn't. Because it can't. Other than the general sedation or drowsiness from opioids, they do not impact your judgement making skills the same way alcohol does.

I use to go on long walks on heroin, work harder at my job, exercise, create things, etc... & enjoyed every moment of it. Doing those things today is now a tedious task that pains me. Alcohol on the other hand landed me plenty of assault charges, car accidents, suicide attempts & nights in jail. Now THAT is serious judgement making impairment.

I also had one person say to me "you're a heroin addict & giving out advice??? gtfo".
Seriously???????? If I needed advice about drugs, the first person I'm gonna go to about it is a veteran junkie that knows their shit.
This person went on to say they "work with addicts everyday" & so some how my experience is false & invalid.

I live in pain with chronic fatigue & just barely function every day. Ever since my heroin dealer went to prison, I moved & lost my pain pill connect, I just haven't been the same person.
And it boils my blood knowing there is an effective medicine out there for it, but I can't have it because it's "illegal" and full of stigma and bullshit lies that people believe every day.

I'm at my wits end with the medical system, with ignorant people, etc....
My new therapist last week flat out told me I should just accept living in pain the rest of my life. Pushing that mindfullness crap (a whole other topic I don't wanna get into here).

What are some ways we could this topic going further? Especially in the US? I think legal, clean, prescription heroin could help so many people who are addicted/dependent on opioids & who WANT to use them to make their lives better. I just don't know where to start, who to contact or what to do to get this heard. I thought being vocal online was enough but people will defend their misinformation about heroin TO THE DEATH.

Unfortunately. NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND OR EVEN CARE.

At this point, if society collapses, it's deserved. Just like how I some how "deserve" to live in pain the rest of my life because other people for some reason get to dictate what goes in my body. I'm so tired of it.
My quality of life is over thanks to arbitrary drug laws. What else is left in my life then, except to dedicate it to some cause that I feel passionate about?

How do we get through to these people who push their misinformation as universal fact?

I would like to see some kind of change in my lifetime. Heroin is no more dangerous than drinking in fact I'd consider it LESS dangerous, considering heroin doesn't cause any major brain or organ damage. Plus a person with no tolerance is most likely to pass out & fall asleep long before doing too much heroin. Heroin is not meant to be used like alcohol anyway. And the fact that some people will be irresponsible with it shouldn't make it so that the rest of us can't use it. Fentanyl is obviously a different story & wouldn't be a problem today if heroin was never made illegal.

It's absolute HYPOCRISY that should have ended YESTERDAY.
In fact, I dare say it's a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY to tell people they cannot use opioids & punish them if they do.

Anyone else feel this way? I know I can't be the only one.
Imagine something in your life, something you use or need every day to get through your day. Anything. Then imagine society saying "well, that's bad, so we want you to not use it anymore or we'll take away your freedom". That is exactly how prohibiion is for people like myself.

And ironically, no matter how in depth I go with this topic to some people, they will still defend alcohol & continue to spout falsehoods about opioids/heroin. It completely blows my mind.

PS : There use to be a haven of old information on google about how opioids were once legal, used for psychiatric reasons (with good results), tests that showed it was actually difficult for some one with a tolerance to just up & OD out of nowhere, etc.... I've watched all of this important information get totally SCRUBBED from the google search results & replaced with "opioids are dangerous" propaganda.

If people don't start standing up, then how much more control of our minds & bodies are we planning to give away? How many more people have to die from fentanyl or have their lives ruined forever? Why am I the only person who seems to be this passionate about it? I thought heroin was a deadly, life-destroying drug... yet my experience was the EXACT OPPOSITE. Even if you don't use or like heroin, the ignorance, stigma & laws surrounding could become the same reality for many things you DO like or need to use.
I am so sorry for the hell you are going through. It is so easy for someone who doesn't even know you or care about you just shoot off their mouths about how your feel and what you should do. The stigma is fucked up beyond belief. I am with you on everyting.

Be strong......Courage!

V

Thank you for sharing!!!
I could not agree more.

My oldest sister died of liver failure after a life time of drinking. She had the option to live & get a transplant, but she chose alcohol. Society doesn't like to talk about this aspect of alcohol use.

I had people online telling me yesterday that heroin impacts your decision/judgement making skills MORE than alcohol. Which is just flat out false. I couldn't fucking believe it. They continued to tell me that it was impossible that I was responsible on heroin or that I exercised on it, etc... I was SO infuriated!! I know I shouldn't be over stupid strangers online, but this is the exact ignorance that we are up against & I don't see enough people fighting back.

Your experience sounds similar to mine (although I've never been surfing lol). I absolutely functioned better on opioids.
I'm still on maintenance, but it's just buprenorphine & it isn't enough anymore. Even tramadol was more effective than buprenorphine at this point.

Some of my closest friends are also alcoholics. I watch them stumble around in misery & forget conversations they had with me just a day or two before & I just can't understand why the shit is legal & everything else isn't. Alcohol made me a very violent & suicidal person. Opioids absolutely saved my life by saving me from that shit.

Unfortunately I've been thinking about picking back up drinking since I know I'm not gonna get any help or respect from the medical system. I'm more than just dependent on opioids & if I lose access or can't get something better than bupe, I'm absolutely gonna end up dead. When I didn't have opioids, I would drink like a fish, chug bottles of DXM cough syrup & then try & find people with drugs (usually meth) and then combine that ontop of everything. The only drugs that stopped this self destructive urge in me has & always will be opioids. So by keeping them from me, I feel I'm being condemned to death, or at the very least, a poor quality of life.

I have other family members who are dealing with the same issues as me, even had to quit working because of it & they can't get anything prescribed except shit like Effexor or gabapentin, which is just a huge insult & obviously doesn't help them cause they're still in pain & not working.

It would at least be nice if they'd make opioids legal for those who are already dependent on them & want to use them or something. But I've lost hope that much of anything will get to change in my life time. At least in the "Land of the free". A lot of other countries have made opioids legal (including heroin) and they don't have a massive fentanyl problem like we do now.

I don't wanna have to go back to "breaking the law" in order to feel better either. I can't afford to anyway. So I've just given up hope on everything.
If only everyone could just be in charge of their own care -- LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE -- we wouldn't have such misery and pain. I am reading all of these threads. I realize that cigarettes are bad for you, and the powers that be have tried to do everything they can to make it difficult as hell to make it a miserable quest just o smoke cigarettes. They are legal, yet most people chastise you is you smoke. But alcohol is a big problem and it really should be illegal or heroin and many opiates. Combining opiates with alcohol can destroy your liver. But in watching the so-called war on opioids and how the government has "cracked down" I am of the firm belief that they have only made things worse and caused this war.

Hang in there. I am sending you positive energy.

V

Thanks! @Rainman1964
Just woke up a bit ago & am already in pain for the day.
Specifically pain all through out my muscles (shoulders, neck, back, arms, the whole works).
Suppose to be seeing a new psychiatrist soon. If they start out with "i'm not prescribing your klonopin or gabapentin anymore", then I will be immediately turning around and walking back out.

In the paperwork I filled out for the psychiatrist...
There was a section asking if I had any religion or cultural ideology that might affect the kind of care you receive.
I put "yeah, I think the drug war is wrong & ruins more lives than the drugs themselves". Not sure why a person can't just have their own moral compass & not have to express it through a "religion". I was heated that day.
So I wonder if they'll even still wanna make an appt with me. lol

Hey everyone I have a question? Do you think opioids can be therapeutic?
What's mean therapeutic?They are useful drugs in different conditions from the dawn of mankind.They got side effects like every powerful drug.They are very addictive and could be even fatal 'cause supress breathing....all that is very well known from the time of Sumerians,Egyptians&Greek civilisation.

I am sick of the stigmas about drug use in general, not just about opiates but I acknowledge that the situation might be even tighter socially for users of opioids and possibly meth than it is for e.g. psychedelic or marijuana users. I don't know how the situation was before this asshole Nixon brought the world the war on drugs but judging by the 69er LSD movement etc. stuff must have been better. Even I myself tried to force and convince me to believe drugs were products of hell the mafiosi give to innocent people to turn them into addicts (not in this wording but ya know what it's about). That I was just another drug victim and I just would need to live in healthy abstinence and everything would eventually work out well. NOTHING DID. I am convinced now that a world with legal, pure and cheap drugs available off pharmacies or smart shops would be a better world. That many of the recreational drugs have unmatched and wasted therapeutic value while we gulp down toxic big pharm products and think of them as the legit, good drugs while so-called hard, recreational, illicit drugs were the bad ones.

I'm so sick of hiding a relevant part of myself, my desire to live fast and euphoria, my affinity to altered state. When you even need to hide from your own partner, what a world is this? It is total mind control of the masses. I rarely met people in person who stood to their drug use and were convinced about just exercising free will. Instead even users (or addicts but I don't like to use that word nowadays, as I dislike the term abuse - yeah, you can abuse drugs and I did as well but there is also legit USE of drugs and this includes recreational consumption).

Imagine a world where every hurt soul would have access to powerful remedies. Where one could therapy traumata by sessions on stuff like methoxetamine in a private circle, no more need for scary, weird psychiatric treatments (or of course the best of both worlds). Where nobody would care when you're smoking a joint outside or do a line in a club. Where organized crime lost 1/2 of their revenue (I know, they'll always exist but a generous legalization of drugs might have a much bigger impact on the world as most people might even just imagine)

I want my dissociatives, and I want them legal without smuggling and hustling, without constant fear of going to jail, it was such a great time as long as research chemicals were fully legal in my country (Switzerland back then) and I think other users deserve the same. I was honestly a better person when having access to stuff to manipulate and manage emotions. Why be angry and sad when you could be happy and at the same fucking time process the negative stuff back in the mind!? I know, I eventually ended up addicted myself, to dissociatives, but this was because of my long term ex gf, the only women I've ever truly loved, dumping me because of legal consequences of drug use and because of huge legal pressure.

Well, of course opiates/opioids can be therapeutic. I am pretty sure the fact that they are among the most abused and abusable compounds is a more important consideration than the drug, per se. And of course, it is a well known fact that they are responsible for destroying a disproportionate number of lives due to addiction/dependence which can obviously be very extreme in that once dependent, people will do nearly anything to avoid the agony of withdrawals. I don't think stigmatization has much to do with appropriate use of the drugs, but the obvious abuse potential.

The problem is that they are both a demon and a savior, again, depending upon how they are used. It is the abuse of the drug, of course, that has MDs extremely reluctant to even prescribe them because it is such a liability. Even pain clinics are designing treatment protocols that call for avoiding opiates almost at all costs, including new surgical implants, etc. It sucks, because many people do have chronic pain conditions and can manage to use them according to prescriber directions, and of course it is the countless multitudes who could not who contributed to that end, of course.

Another day, in pain.
Same feeling. Feels like my shoulder muscles, back muscles, arm muscles & leg muscles are constantly aching. Similar to what I use to feel like after a good work out, except I don't even work out anymore (unfortunately, cause I'd love to).

I take my suboxone & get very mild, almost imperceptible relief. But I'm constantly drowsy & it wears off pretty fast, for a drug that's gonna be bound to my receptor for the next 48+hrs. I get about 2hrs of mild pain relief & then it wears off & i'm left with lethargy & slowed intestines & that's about all.
This also contribute to chronic, slowed down GI tract & muscle contractions.
Now obviously full agonists & short acting ones cause this too, but usually they're worn off enough the next morning that your intestinal contractions go back to somewhat normal, since you're in a mild or full blown withdrawal.

With suboxone however, I'm noting that after 5 years of daily use that my stomach just is fucked by it.
Starting to wonder that I might even have pelvic floor dysfunction now, cause I'm constantly peeing, can't get through the night without waking up to pee. And not only is my stomach constantly slowed down but lately it's been feeling like my muscles "down there" don't even contract like a normal persons would anymore & being able to just go to the bathroom & feel like I've really cleared out my system has become a daily chore, which I ironically didn't have to do during a decade of tramadol & heroin use.
It's impossible to "go without" your sub dose for a bit either to resolve the problem, because you'll be feeling shitty & craving long before it's fully even detached from your receptors.
I'm almost at a point where I'm ready to ditch suboxone because of this very reason, among a slew of others. But I'm afraid to because I don't think I could make it without some kind of opioid. Kratom isn't gonna cut it for me. I think it's bullshit that I couldn't switch to something like tramadol or a different shorter/medium acting opioid.
I honestly don't know what do anymore. And obviously having to live such a way would induce depression & mental illness onto a person. But I'm pretty sure it's designed to do just exactly that. "Gee Deathindustrial, we really need to take care of that depression of yours, let's try countless other drugs that that have never worked & have even caused you more harm than opiates themselves & let's just ignore the real causes of your daily suffering".

@plumbus-nine I've definitely been keeping up with your plight & reading what you've said. It resonates with me incredibly. And although we both might be after 2 separate classes of drugs, our plight is very much the same. Denying people the right to use drugs for their ailments or needs is straight up tyranny IMO.

Is anyone aware of any peripheral acting opioid antagonists that can be found in nature?
I think coffee has peripherally acting opioid antagonists in it, but I'd have to go read up again.
Basically I'm looking for a way that somebody could take buprenorphine & get the CNS effects but have bupes action be blocked in the gut.
I'm guessing because of bupes binding affinity, it's gonna be hard to find anything (especially natural) that can displace it from the receptor in the gut. But I'm curious.
I'd ask a doctor but most know fuck all compared to veteran junkies, pharmacologists & chemists.

Hmmm let's see...
So far
Buprenorphine - PROs : It's more easily accessible & socially acceptable. CONS : Causes longer acting & worse chronic constipation (for me anyway), sedation, lethargy, possible aneurysms, strokes or brain bleeds, etc.. provides almost useless pain relief once tolerance is established, along with very weak antidepressant/mood lift/craving satisfaction compared to full agonists.

Last edited:
Yes man.You can make bupre full agonist with very strong action.Just need some blocker of P-glycoproteine eflux....than norbuprenorphine start to penetrate blood brain barriere and u know this metabolite is powerful full mu agonist,which is substrate of this proteine.Inhibiting this proteine means,that substance became active,despite of route of administration...just because this this P glycoproteine pump exist not only in small intestinal,but in liver also.....never tried this combo,despite than u can find it here online relatively easily....just because this practise could be dangerous because of unpredictable heart problems.The same medicine could be effective with loperamide-makin' him very easily penetrate bloodbrain barriere and acting like strong&long acting mu agonist.It's not proper to say the name of this med,'cause somebody with little brain can easily die.I am sure that u can find enough info in the web....but u can just replace bupe with methadone.....or some other pharma opioid