• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Sick Of Heroin/Opioid stigma & misinformation

no matter how in depth I go with this topic to some people, they will still defend alcohol & continue to spout falsehoods about opioids/heroin. It completely blows my mind.
and don t get me started with people that will still defend COKE while considering opioids and opioid users as the lowest of the lows. I ve been addicted to both opioids and cocaine, with opioids (especially when I had access to pharma grade oxys) I was functional, with blow (cheap good coke available here in Brazil) I was completely loosing it...

I think Nas47 is confused. I've never read any literature that buprenorphine's metabolite is toxic to the heart. It is a full agonist, but it's thought to not have much activity in the CNS due to it having to compete with buprenorphines pharmacology. Unless they read some literature that I haven't.

Loperamide is cardiotoxic though when allowed into the CNS.

And yes, a person could go to a methadone clinic, but they'd have to be willing to go every single day & all that fun stuff. Where as with Suboxone, you can get a 30 day scipt on the same day of that visit, which is much more convenient, but bupe is inferior compared to methadone I'm sure.
no man :heart3: i have never told ,that bupr.metabolite is toxic....some misunderstating

and don t get me started with people that will still defend COKE while considering opioids and opioid users as the lowest of the lows. I ve been addicted to both opioids and cocaine, with opioids (especially when I had access to pharma grade oxys) I was functional, with blow (cheap good coke available here in Brazil) I was completely loosing it...
You wouldn't believe how many meth users I've met & when I ask them if they like or know where to get any heroin, they look at me like I'm the scum of the Earth. While they've been sitting there jacking off non stop for days with no sleep. lol Pffft. They literally think it's some how "more dangerous" than meth. Anti-opioid societal conditioning has pretty effective.

no man :heart3: i have never told ,that bupr.metabolite is toxic....some misunderstating
That comment you quoted isn't even in this thread. lol So I can't even go back & check for context.

You wouldn't believe how many meth users I've met & when I ask them if they like or know where to get any heroin, they look at me like I'm the scum of the Earth. While they've been sitting there jacking off non stop for days with no sleep. lol Pffft. They literally think it's some how "more dangerous" than meth. Anti-opioid societal conditioning has pretty effective.
I guess it s a long term effect of the heroin pandemic of the 80´s , I m 40 and even if I was a child I remember , the needles everywhere,the kids overdosing on a daily basis, the junkies doing all kind of shit to support their habit, the HIV..so heroin is still associated with needles overdoses crime diseases and other evils.Probably only crack has a similar bad rep ( at least in the US and in Brazil, crack in Italy is not that common). So people use smack but in secret.

Last edited:
I guess it s a long term effect of the heroin pandemic of the 80´s , I m 40 and even if I was a child I remember , the needles everywhere,the kids overdosing on a daily basis, the junkies doing all kind of shit to support their habit, the HIV..so heroin is still associated with needles overdoses crime diseases and other evils.Probably only crack has a similar bad rep ( at least in the US and in Brazil, crack in Italy is not that common). So people use smack but in secret.
Yeah that's true too. I forgot about all that.

Honestly, in the 15+ years I've been using opioids, I've never injected a single one.
Not even heroin. But that just might be because I absolutely hate the feeling of something going into my vein.
Not to mention the infections & all sorts of things that could accidentally slip through that needle, right into your circulatory system.
And the fact that you could be injecting ANYTHING, especially if it's street drugs.

I never thought it was worth it just to get high a little faster.
Intranasal heroin got me to where I wanted to be in less than 2 minutes. lol Rush & everything.

I'm sure IV heroin feels great, but I doubt it would feel SO great for me that I'd start using it that way.
It's pretty safe intranasally, it's not caustic on the nose. Doesn't burn at all (if you have clean diacetylmorphine anyway).
Snorting is so much easier & convenient than having to go set up a rig & shoot.

I think people who get hooked on the needle + heroin give it a bad name. Heroin felt great & lasted a long time through the nose.
I know morphine is basically useless unless injected though, so there are some opioids that are worth injecting or have to be injected to do anything.
I have plugged drugs before but that's nothing in comparison to a needle in a vein.

Ironically, even with all the dangers (which are caused mostly by prohibition), alcohol still kills more people annually than heroin or any other drug. lol Same with cigarettes. People think there'd be more overdoses if it were legalized, but there really wouldn't. Most people overdose because they aren't educated on the dangers of poly-drug use. Or their drugs are tainted with other things. All of it's preventable if adults could just buy clean regulated drugs somewhere legally. While also being educated on how to use it safely. And resources available for people who wanna quit or stop, without stigma & without the fears of prosecution. It's really that simple, but for some reason the US still hasn't grasped that & people continue to die from fentanyl. Which in return helps their "opioids are dangerous" propaganda, since fentanyl actually IS dangerous, in comparison to heroin & the more common opioids.

Last edited: