• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sick. Is the cause nicotine or hydrocodone?

I can't even imagine what that'd be like. Have you tried smoking or snorting opiates? Perhaps that'd fix the nausea (maybe not though, I'm no expert :)).

I've never tried smoking them but I have snorted them. That's usually my ROA. Unfortunately it doesn't combat the nausea! Some times I get lucky though.

Try taking phenergan, or if you can get a doc to write for it, and can afford it, Zofran about 45 minutes before you dose your opiates. Those meds will knock out the vomiting from the opioids.

I'm a "puker" and have to take an anti-nausea med with opioids. The phenergan may make you drowsier than you otherwise would be. Zofran doesn't have that side effect, but can cause headaches in some people.

I actually am prescribed 4mg Zofran, and usually I never feel the nausea, it just kind of hits me and by then it's too late! I will start taking them when I plan on doing oxy/hydro though. I also have 25mg Promethazine.

I've never tried smoking them but I have snorted them. That's usually my ROA. Unfortunately it doesn't combat the nausea! Some times I get lucky though.
Other than that one time I never puke from opiates regardless of whether I smoke or not. I think it was just that one time due to the sheer amount of nicotine in my system, because I think a cigarette while on opiates can feel godly at times.

Sorry if this comment is repetitive, but both the opiate and the nicotine will synergistically induce nausea/vomiting.

I agree with this- I think some of the effects (like I've never heard of trembling with opioids (maybe in someone allergic?)) are due to just the nicotine; but I think they BOTH would be playing some role when it comes to vomiting.

I also do chain smoke when I use opioids other than my normal bupe (heroin or fent) but have a tolerance for both and rarely vomit in general- still when I have had a bit of opioids and then smoke ALOT it can cause nausea/vomiting occasionally

I woke up alright, no more puking after the first part when I got up. I'm going to blame this one on the nicotine
Oxycodone (different I know) makes me throw up every time I vape on it, and cigs make me nauseous on it so I'd concur [with your analysis] with [consideration of] that poor anecdote [of mine].