• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sick. Is the cause nicotine or hydrocodone?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
It's currently one in the morning. Earlier at 10:20 I took 70mg hydrocodone, and it kicked in at 11:00. Today also happens to be the day I bought a vaporizer to stop smoking cigarettes and to smoke some herb. Thing is, I only smoked maybe once a week before this. Today however I've been smoking that vaporizer a lot and went through probably 6mg of ejuice at 1.2% nicotine. That's a lot more than I've ever smoked, and I haven't felt nauseous at all so I've just continued vaping even after taking the hydro. I was laying down the whole time watching movies, but I got up to go to sleep a few minutes ago. Thing is, I just threw up. I didn't/don't feel nauseous at all, it was more of a forced reflex, almost like a hiccup. I'm now noticing that I'm also shaking, and my thumbs are trembling just typing this. I read it takes 60mg+ of nicotine to overdose, so I'm not too scared, however I am worried. Do you guys think it was simply too much nicotine? I know it wasn't too much hydro because I usually take around 60mg of Oxy, but do hydro and nicotine not mix very well perhaps (especially in large amounts)? I don't know what's going on, all I know I'm trembling and for some reason puke without any nausea to accompany it. Thanks in advance, I appreciate all help/advice.

If you barely smoke, vaping that much nicotine will have pretty unpleasant effects. Actually when I takebuprrnorphine or even heroin smoking a CIG makes me sick sometimes, since I rarely smoke. Smoking a CIG has made me puke a few times while on bupe. (Not taken for maintenance so I barely have a tolerance)

I've also started hallucinating kind of. It's hard to explain, but it's similar to what I'd normally get if I was nodding but with the uncontrollability of an acid trip if that makes sense, and it's also kind of scary. If i close my eyes I can still "see". I can see anything from people, to a bright white wall, to closing my eyes and not seeing the room change at all. My peripheral vision has gone to shit to the point I can't even tell if my clock is on or not unless I look right at it. And just like the visual hallucinations I was talking about I can also hear things just as vividly. Kids/people laughing, metal dropping, lots of weird shit. Not entirely sure what's going on but unless I'm nodding this kind of thing never happens, and I'm not tired in the least right now. In fact, I'm finding that I can't sleeps even if I try.

Yeah it sounds like the nicotine to me the trembling hands gave it away.

If it's the nicotin in tobacco that make's it so dangerously naussiating for casual users I would say yes.
But I have absolutely no exp with overdoing pure vaping forms, like you seem to have done.

Yeah, too much nicotine isn't fun whatsoever. And it sounds like you had a lot.

Hell idk the answer TBH, but 70mg of hydrocodone is a pretty well tolerated dose, especially with tolerance &/Or CWE.
As for the E-cig, I once bought one of the disposable BLU ones or whatever they are, because I was going to an indoor concert about 150 miles away, wanted to smoke on the ride and at the show so I got the e-cig to try.

It should be noted that all throughout the ride I was taking hydros, Took 3 or 4 10s on the ride up around 11am and dosed about 6.5 before dinner (along with the 30mg cwe I had in a bottle), and think I took even more during the show, because the seats were so damn uncomfortable cuz im tall, it happens. All the while I was smoking the E-cig, sporadically, and even snuck out to smoke a joint right on the street, lol.
I was probably stoned, but in a fast paced environment you can hardly tell, besides just being more comfortable than you would be without them.

But all in all I had around 12.5 or 13 10's that day and at least 3 were CWE'd so don't judge me, and also by the next morning that entire BLU e-cig disposable was completely empty, and i'm the only person who used it, so I guess I probably smoked the whole thing over the course of the 4 hour Concert and the 7 hour round trip.
I didn't have any ill effects, except I was holding my piss on the home stretch and that was pretty painful, but for being on 13 10's I felt pretty alert so the e-cigs definitely contribute some stimulating qualities, regardless of opiates, and I
ve known people to throw up from chain smoking as few as 5 or 6 cigs, so who knows.
Just be careful, TBH I prefer real cigs (organic) because I only smoke 2 a day (currently none), the smoke is satisfying and it's easier to guage nicotine content.
Peace out

Sorry if this comment is repetitive, but both the opiate and the nicotine will synergistically induce nausea/vomiting.

I'm definitely blaming it on the nicotine, thanks guys. I had a hunch it was the nicotine due to the shaking hands, but there was some weird shit going on also so I couldn't think straight at the time.

I'm having a similar problem. I took 30mg of hydrocodone, also getting incredibly sick. Chain smoking too. But I always get sick while taking opiates..

I'm having a similar problem. I took 30mg of hydrocodone, also getting incredibly sick. Chain smoking too. But I always get sick while taking opiates..
I rarely get sick off opiates, and I do them quite a lot now so I can say that with confidence. I don't get a lot of hydro though, I usually stick to Oxy.

I never fail to get sick while on opiates, whether it be oxy or hydro. I've come to the conclusion that I have a very sensitive stomach because even doses such as 5mg will make me throw up and it's not fun! I just want to enjoy an opiate high :(

I never fail to get sick while on opiates, whether it be oxy or hydro. I've come to the conclusion that I have a very sensitive stomach because even doses such as 5mg will make me throw up and it's not fun! I just want to enjoy an opiate high :(
I can't even imagine what that'd be like. Have you tried smoking or snorting opiates? Perhaps that'd fix the nausea (maybe not though, I'm no expert :)).

blessing in disguise? ;)

Try taking phenergan, or if you can get a doc to write for it, and can afford it, Zofran about 45 minutes before you dose your opiates. Those meds will knock out the vomiting from the opioids.

I'm a "puker" and have to take an anti-nausea med with opioids. The phenergan may make you drowsier than you otherwise would be. Zofran doesn't have that side effect, but can cause headaches in some people.

Yep.. Everyone's right. Nicotine and opiates combined can make you sick. When I had a low opiate tolerance I'd take 30-40 mg of oxy and be fine till I had a cig, then hello puke city.