• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Sick from fresh Grapefruit juice And marijuana

chemfast

Bluelighter
I have been making 500 ml fresh grapefruit juice every day for the past month to assist with my Kratom usage and lately I have fallen terribly ill every time I have smoked marijuana. If I stop the grapefruit after 3 days the marijuana starts being more tollerable. Has anyone had any similar experiences and does anyone have suggestions/science for me to try and understand? The sickness is terrible - huge headache and massive cardiovascular issues that last for 24 hours. Stop the grapefruit for 72 hours and I am able to smoke again, small little bong hits at a time. It is truly bizzare.....

Last edited:
grapefruit juice enhances benzo's

i take lotsa prescribed benzo's, so i know: ---grapefruit juice enhances benzo's ---maybe same to weed ?

Thanks. Will abstain for a while and see if I recover. Its been quite bad now for some days, even have feeling I'm about to die with convulsions. Do you think it takes long to recover healthy CYP3A4 levels?

I thought it only interacted with things taken orally (like benzo tabs as you say) but not injected or inhaled.

GFJ doesn't do shit for weed. It's possible the kratom or another drug you are taking is interacting with the GFJ and causing you problems, but it's safe to say that it isn't the weed.

this thread is better suited for other drugs.

GFJ doesn't do shit for weed. It's possible the kratom or another drug you are taking is interacting with the GFJ and causing you problems, but it's safe to say that it isn't the weed.

this thread is better suited for other drugs.

It's not, actually. THC also inhibits other enzymes that likely aren't all the same as the ones grapefruit inhibits. So adding both could send kratom over the top. In that case, equal fault is on all 3. Weed did not cause it, kratom did not cause it, grapefruit juice did not cause it, but without any specific one or two there may no be negative side effects from overlap.