• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Sick and tired of Suboxone.. 1 week of heroin then quit?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I’ve been on Suboxone since August and I fucking hate that I got back on this terrible drug.

Once before I have withdrawn from Suboxone and it was absolute misery for 14 days.

So in all seriousness with a full heart of dedication and entirely understanding the risks involved, does anyone think if I get say 3-5 grams of heroin to use for a week then quit would be beneficial?

the long acting mechanism that is bupe is closely related to the devil.. I feel that if I can use heroin for at least a week maybe some of the longer withdrawals I will experience will be negated? I’m currently not working so right NOW is the time for me to do this...

Now or never really, I also can get my hands on a lot of benzos to help quit..

I’m tired of opiates I want to feel an orgasm again.. help me

The logic seems sound..

The long withdrawal is cause it takes so long for the drug to get out of your system, if you use heroin to make up the difference while the bupe is disappearing, then get off the heroin, the withdrawal should go quicker.

I've certainly never attempted something like that, but it makes sense to me.

Just be careful if you haven't used heroin in a while, your tolerance may not be what you're used too.

Turning back to heroin after having been on medications to quit using it isn't the best solution IMO.

I’ve been on Suboxone since August and I fucking hate that I got back on this terrible drug.

Once before I have withdrawn from Suboxone and it was absolute misery for 14 days.

So in all seriousness with a full heart of dedication and entirely understanding the risks involved, does anyone think if I get say 3-5 grams of heroin to use for a week then quit would be beneficial?

the long acting mechanism that is bupe is closely related to the devil.. I feel that if I can use heroin for at least a week maybe some of the longer withdrawals I will experience will be negated? I’m currently not working so right NOW is the time for me to do this...

switching from a partial agonist to a full agonist is not going to help you in the long run, if anything the withdrawal will be worse after your heroin "vacation"

Im doing something like that ,i stopped 8 days ago and did heroin for 6 days straight ,iand stopped completely exept low dosing loperamide .I didn't sleep last night,i ywan a lot ,stuffy nose and have some mild cokd flashes ,not loosing all my appetite and feeling okay till now, i hope the worst have passed!
Oh, i was on 2mg sub daily for 6-9 months (back and forth)
Im feeling constipated tho,im thingking i should probably stop taking loperamide.I ran out of it anyway! and can't get out due to a corona virus lockdown in India.Which probably is more annoying since there's only one confirmed case in our city!

Turning back to heroin after having been on medications to quit using it isn't the best solution IMO.

I actually just got on Suboxone from being sober, this time I wasn’t on H or doing any, I have no real desire to go on a heroin run nor do I have the funds to support it right now, I just want my life back

The logic seems sound..

The long withdrawal is cause it takes so long for the drug to get out of your system, if you use heroin to make up the difference while the bupe is disappearing, then get off the heroin, the withdrawal should go quicker.

I've certainly never attempted something like that, but it makes sense to me.

Just be careful if you haven't used heroin in a while, your tolerance may not be what you're used too.

Thank you I agree. People will hate this idea obviously because it’s much more dangerous and most people can’t just use heroin for a week then stop.. but with the right mindset and a plan in place I think it’s possible and I can do it.

I’ve obtained a gram of fentanyl
And a gram of Etizolam to quit suboxone.

wish me luck, I don’t plan on using all this fent because that would easily last a month. But honestly fentanyl has a
Much shorter half life so I’m excited to fix my receptors and quit a much shorter and more intense withdrawal
Than the drawn out misery that is bupe

I’ve obtained a gram of fentanyl
And a gram of Etizolam to quit suboxone.

wish me luck, I don’t plan on using all this fent because that would easily last a month. But honestly fentanyl has a
Much shorter half life so I’m excited to fix my receptors and quit a much shorter and more intense withdrawal
Than the drawn out misery that is bupe
Dont forget gabapentin or pregabalin man that helps a lottttt.

Please don’t brother. I’m not a doctor never will be. But this seems like a fucked idea idk what to tell you. I’m feeling like death mentally from a 15mg/day oxy habit so I could only dream of your pain but I’m praying for you. And I know you can do anything you set your mind to.

Just something I wanna ask...

Are you sure this isn't somewhat of an excuse to just go buy a lot of heroin? I don't mean to sound accusatory or anything, it's just that on reading this a second time, it occurs to me that there's something kinda familiar about this.

At various times when I wanted to get off heroin, id wind up finding seemingly rational ways to sabotage it. A part of me knew that's what I was doing, but addiction is often like fighting a battle in your mind between what the junkie side of you wants and what the regular side of you wants.

I said at the beginning that I thought this course of action made logical sense, and strictly speaking I still think it does, but at best it'll only help if you are actually able to stick to it.

I dunno, I wish you luck no matter how you choose to approach this though. I just worry that even if this approach makes sense, it might still not work if your hearts not entirely in it.

Just something I wanna ask...

Are you sure this isn't somewhat of an excuse to just go buy a lot of heroin? I don't mean to sound accusatory or anything, it's just that on reading this a second time, it occurs to me that there's something kinda familiar about this.

At various times when I wanted to get off heroin, id wind up finding seemingly rational ways to sabotage it. A part of me knew that's what I was doing, but addiction is often like fighting a battle in your mind between what the junkie side of you wants and what the regular side of you wants.

I said at the beginning that I thought this course of action made logical sense, and strictly speaking I still think it does, but at best it'll only help if you are actually able to stick to it.

I dunno, I wish you luck no matter how you choose to approach this though. I just worry that even if this approach makes sense, it might still not work if your hearts not entirely in it.

I can’t say that you’re right, I’m not sure to be honest.

If this is the addict in me attempting a full blown relapse into opiates it is entirely subconscious because that’s really not what I need or want in my life right now.

I guess time will tell as the ball is already rolling so to speak, about to create a solid taper plan so i can hopefully truly be off opiates in time for summer.. I miss enjoying alcohol and sex very much.. and opiates really kill both of those

Switching to fentanyl is the dumbest idea possible. You might have half a chance with a reasonably long lasting opioid like XR morphine, but why choose an opioid with a ~20 minute half life and super-high potency at the mu-opioid receptor? You will absolutely get high the first few times (switching from partial to full agonism), and after that, you're effectvely asking for the most intense withdrawal symptoms you can get. (It's my understanding that the intensity of withdrawals relates to how short-acting they are - fentanyl and hydromorphone producing rather nasty withdrawal compared to methadone, although TBH no opioid is easy to get off) Instead of once-a-day dosing you will likely end up taking escalating doses every 3-4 hours to keep withdrawals at bay and at the end of it all you're going to be even worse off. I don't think anyone has ever successfuly tapered with fentanyl.

And a whole GRAM of fentanyl? That's like 500 strong doses. That's not a taper, that's a binge. Do yourself a favour and throw the fentanyl out. Or give it to someone responsible. Adding etizolam into the mix is even more irresponsible. Potent benzos plus potent opioids causing respiratory depression are very risky and a major cause of drug induced death.

Really, this sounds more like you are asking permission to relapse on benzos and opioids. You're only fooling yourself if you are calling this a taper, or intend it to get you off drugs. Please rethink this whole plan.

Last edited:
I can't leave this alone. I second everything that seiko said, and I am adding my own non scientific two cents.

You compulsively shoot suboxone even in the absence of a high. You're worried also about withdrawals, so you want to add heroin to the mix. Heroin that will get you so fucking high you will never want to come down, whose withdrawals are going to make you wish you were dead.

You're setting yourself up for failure. Please reconsider this plan.

Switching to fentanyl is the dumbest idea possible. You might have half a chance with a reasonably long lasting opioid like XR morphine, but why choose an opioid with a ~20 minute half life and super-high potency at the mu-opioid receptor? You will absolutely get high the first few times (switching from partial to full agonism), and after that, you're effectvely asking for the most intense withdrawal symptoms you can get. (It's my understanding that the intensity of withdrawals relates to how short-acting they are - fentanyl and hydromorphone producing rather nasty withdrawal compared to methadone, although TBH no opioid is easy to get off) Instead of once-a-day dosing you will likely end up taking escalating doses every 3-4 hours to keep withdrawals at bay and at the end of it all you're going to be even worse off. I don't think anyone has ever successfuly tapered with fentanyl.

And a whole GRAM of fentanyl? That's like 500 strong doses. That's not a taper, that's a binge. Do yourself a favour and throw the fentanyl out. Or give it to someone responsible. Adding etizolam into the mix is even more irresponsible. Potent benzos plus potent opioids causing respiratory depression are very risky and a major cause of drug induced death.

Really, this sounds more like you are asking permission to relapse on benzos and opioids. You're only fooling yourself if you are calling this a taper, or intend it to get you off drugs. Please rethink this whole plan.

Thats the whole point though man. The short half life. The Acute withdrawal period of fentanyl is really only 3-5 days and I’ve been through it before. In 2017 I went through a straight up fentanyl withdrawal
And for whatever reason it was no where near as bad as quitting Suboxone.