• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sick and tired of being sick and tired...

L.A.B.T.Y.D

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, I'm here bc I have tried EVERYTHING else and nothing is seeming to work for me. I am cross addicted to coke and heroin, but the dope is my real problem. I just left rehab 30 days ago and I relapsed 2 days after getting out.😒 I'm now kicking for the 1748375th time and it sucks! I went to prison for 3 years and I didn't use while I was in at all, save for 1 time in jail when I had gotten some h while inside doing time. I have two kids that are small and a gf that really needs me. She really is at her wit's end and I can tell by the way she looks and talks to me that she loves me but she is getting to the point where she is ready to make a decision regarding her life with me...I REALLY don't want that to happen.
Anyway...I'm on day 2 right now. Day 1 SUCKED. MAJORLY. I've been using loperamide for wds and it seems to help slot rather than doing it cold turkey. I'll write once a day to keep everyone informed of my progress. Pray for me.

Hey @L.A.B.T.Y.D,

I'm going to move this to Health and Recovery where you'll get better addiction support.

I have never been through heavy withdrawal, but you're right in that going cold turkey doesn't seem to be the answer for most people. You have a great family and they need you, so hopefully all goes well man.

Praying for you - welcome to Bluelight :)

Yeah, keep up the lope but make sure you squeak a turd every few days. Plain stool softeners help if that's a need.

Find somebody IRL you can relate to, and don't beat yourself up for the slip. What do you believe the root of your drug use comes from. Can you tell us more when you clock back in?

hey how are you getting on? don't beat yourself up for relapsing 2 days after geting out of rehab, 30 days isn't long for a serious problem, and the main thing is you WANT to be clean, you haven't lost the work you put in.

Relapsing is part of the process for quitting opiates. In fact, I've never heard of someone not relapsing repeatedly who has gotten clean from opiates at the end of the day (unless they lost access or were thrown in prison). It's such a captivating feeling and it's torturous knowing that the longer you go without it the better it will feel when you return--and the euphoria comes back.

Is suboxone a possibility or a methadone treatment program? It's admirable to try to do it without any alternative treatments, but inevitably if someone absolutely cannot quit oxycodone/heroin I think it's totally acceptable to stay on subs for an extended period of time. As long as you don't cheat on the subs and try to break through the barrier to score a good dope high, you'd at least keep your life generally in tact with suboxone.

If you absolutely refuse to go on suboxone, as long as you relapse but don't return to daily use again eventually you will make it out. The problem is when people relapse, it feels great again so they just give in and start using the same amount they were before they made an attempt to quit. Obviously, the withdrawal will fade in time (eventually I know it sucks), but the withdrawal will really never go away if you constantly bring it back by using for weeks at a time per each relapse. So the short version of what I'm saying is if you relapse make sure it is only 1-2 days at a time and then go back into fighting the withdrawal. I wish at the time I had a lover who wanted me to quit. It would have been easier to have motivation for staying clean. People never quit substances and then just never use again for the rest of their life--it really doesn't work that way. Years of abuse takes a longer time to adjust to life without it. People who aren't prone to substance abuse would never understand why an addict trying to come clean relapses. I think no matter what you should prioritize your girlfriend and children whether you stay clean or not. Those things can easily be lost if you stay on a dark track.

Last edited:
You need Gabapentin or lyrica. Not only will your withdrawal be gone but you'll feel good. There's Kratom too or Suboxone. Once your stable you can start healing. Oh and there's Marijuana.