Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Shrooms with heart condition?

methed

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was safe to have shrooms (say 2-3 grams of psilocybin cubensis (blue meanies)) if you have a heart condition?

Hi Methed, welcome to bluelight.

We are not doctors so we can't legitimately answer your question.

My first thought would be no, although shrooms are not a stimulant (something that speeds you heart rate up), something you see (hallucinate) whilst tripping may have a bad effect on your heart. People can have panic attacks on shrooms and I don't think that would be good for your condition.

If you were to use them you should start with a very low dose, just to test the waters. But in this instance I would say the risk isn't worth the reward.

I'll chat with the other mods about leaving this thread open, because all it comes down to is speculation.

just to add, do you have a doctors consent to exercise, if so, to what extent?
I ask only because strenuous exercise gets your heart pumping

Hi again, I'm not the one with the heart condition it was my friend. I spoke to him and he said it was supra ventricular tachycardia. He said it was non-fatal, but what could happen is his heart will beat really fast for like 20 minutes when he is stressed. But he seemed keen to try shrooms so I suggested he have 0.7 grams followed by an additional 0.5 grams an hour later and he said he was fine. I guess the main concern is that he not have so much or have the experience be so alien to him that he has a panic attack.

ive always found shrooms to be fun but I was experienced with other substances before I tried them so I had an inclining as to what could happen. is your friend in a good state of mind, does your friend have any experience taking substances? it can be great introducing friends to psychoactive substances but its not for everyone. I just did an internet search "ventricular tachycardia and magic mushrooms" and it seems that if someone is prone to suffer from this, shrooms can trigger a panic attack. im fairy liberal but im not sure its a good idea

If I was worrying about my heart exploding while tripping I dont think Id enjoy it.

Yeah I'd say it's not worth it, IF your friend decided he was definitely going to try I would work extra hard to make it the best environment for him. Only a couple of closest friends in a house setting where no one else will be coming over, anything that could cause him to panic should be avoided as should all other drugs. I recently had a mate go manic from high dose shrooms + weed to the point he thought he had a heart attack, thankfully he didn't.

So my advice is against him trying shrooms, I'm very liberal too but if I had a mate with a heart condition I wouldn't help him to do shrooms. Link him to this thread so he can read for himself peoples thoughts.

^ yeah but on the other hand his he might not want people fussing over him. I had a semi bad trip once which was made worse from people asking how I was and if I was still having a bad time.