View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms vs acid

Fetus Fetish

Bluelighter
I love taking acid and going to the movies with my friend and laughing are asses off(usually not remembering the movie cause we arnt paying attention) I don't have access to acid so I'm planning on taking shrooms instead. I used to go into a dark place when I smoked weed alone but it hasn't happend lately and it never had it happen on acid. Would this happen on shrooms? I usually start getting a violent attacked scared felling when it starts but now I have gotten control of it and it doesn't happen around friends. Also on acid my pupils don't dialate and I am able to act mostly normal once I get thru the peak so at about the 5 hour mark im good. Will I still be able to act normal? I've heard it's more of mind fuck so that's what I'm worried about. And lastly what are the details of what makes them different like specific like on acid I get a strange taste in my mouth do I get the same thing. So is it similar to weed at all? Would it give a larger possibility of bad trip? Can I act just as normal? And what are the specific details of how they are different?

Biggest difference what I can remember is that that are more mellow & relaxing, with lsd being stimulating. Experience wise I'd like to compare lsd with science fiction, and shrooms with fantasy. Headspace all depends on mindset and dosage.

Biggest difference what I can remember is that that are more mellow & relaxing, with lsd being stimulating. Experience wise I'd like to compare lsd with science fiction, and shrooms with fantasy. Headspace all depends on mindset and dosage.
Thanks I actaully a really like how you explained that

Science fiction versus fantasy is actually a good way of differentiating the two. LSD feels "sharp" and mushrooms feel more "rounded."

Some will claim that both are the same, but this is definitely not the case in my experience. For me, the effects of LSD start with an amphetamine-style jolt, while mushrooms are more gradual (and maybe less "chemical") in their introduction.

LSD's effects also seem to shift abruptly, while the effects of mushrooms seem to accumulate.

Another major difference is that, with mushrooms, you have something heavy on your stomach. This sensation sometimes informs the psychological effects of the drug. Since only a minute amount of a chemical is required for an LSD trip, the experience can somehow feel more "light." However, I'm sure people get nauseous with LSD.

I love taking acid and going to the movies with my friend and laughing are asses off(usually not remembering the movie cause we arnt paying attention) I don't have access to acid so I'm planning on taking shrooms instead. I used to go into a dark place when I smoked weed alone but it hasn't happend lately and it never had it happen on acid. Would this happen on shrooms? I usually start getting a violent attacked scared felling when it starts but now I have gotten control of it and it doesn't happen around friends. Also on acid my pupils don't dialate and I am able to act mostly normal once I get thru the peak so at about the 5 hour mark im good. Will I still be able to act normal? I've heard it's more of mind fuck so that's what I'm worried about. And lastly what are the details of what makes them different like specific like on acid I get a strange taste in my mouth do I get the same thing. So is it similar to weed at all? Would it give a larger possibility of bad trip? Can I act just as normal? And what are the specific details of how they are different?

1) Pupil dilation - doesn't happen to me on Lysergamides, but they look like pie plates on shrooms :)

2) Acting normal? I've never tripped around people so I don't know how I'd act - ut I tend to be quite immobile on bpth shrppms and Lysergamides, so no difference there. I get seveer time dilation on mushrooms though, so that might cause a problem in public. So far I haven't had time dilation (or much, if any) on Lysergamides. Mind fuck supreme on mushrooms (introspection, confusion, etc) - but that's part of what I love about them

3) I don't think that either mushrooms or Lysergamides are similar to weed at all. Although I'm medical, weed can and does occasionally make me quite anxious - the psychedelics tend to calm me down or make me quite sedate

I do watch movies quite a lot while on shrooms or Lysergamides, but find I fidget a lot more on the latter. Take that for what you will. I would find it quite irritating to not be able to pause and rewind the movie and watch a part repeatedly. However, given a coice or if I were forced to pick, I'd probably rather watch a movie in a theatre while on mushrooms because I've done them many mire times.

Tom

I've done acid a couple dozen times now and just had my first experience with actual mushrooms this weekend, though I've had 4-aco-dmt maybe 6 times before that and found them very similar.

The biggest difference for me was the energy level. LSD is electric, it makes me want to get out and do stuff like walk or dance, and I find it very enjoyable for conversation. Shrooms made me curl up in my blankets, close my eyes, and passively listen to music, because of this I was rather anti-social.

LSD can be confusing during the peak, though I'm usually just so happy that I just laugh at it until I find sense again. Shrooms had a much more severe head fuck that I would not want to deal with in public.

I really like the "sci-fi vs fantasy" analogy, I'm going to start using that.

Shrooms give me a much more pronounced "headfuck" in that it controls the trip.....with acid I feel more in control

Adding weed to either is asking for trouble if you aren't a regular weed smoker....I've been shot straight to the moon before that way

I''m in the passenger seat on shrooms and in the drivers seat on acid.

I''m in the passenger seat on shrooms and in the drivers seat on acid.

I've been tied up to a nuclear rocket going straight for hell, kicking & screaming while my conscious mind & body was in the car, which a freight train crashed into ;D
LSD+ETH y'all

Shrooms are a very unique fungi.
Shrooms feel more natural to me then lsd. There is no electric feeling. But the headspace is pretty deap. Depending how much you take. It makes me very sociable and also has a sorta rolly feeling like 4 ho met.
It can be a little rough on you stomach but I can eat a quarter of bangin boomers and not hurl while lsd and especially eth lad will make me nauses.
The visuals on shrooms are great. Especially when you are out side. It's very Alice in wonderland type stuff. The tree bark is neon purple everything is breathing, but it's mainly just patterns or slight morphing objects. Also I tend it to be more spiritual than lsd.
Lsd IMO is easier to handle and more versitile, you can guide the trip to different places easy. The visuals are of course mind blowing complete and utter kelidoscope visual. Massive morphing of objects and melting type visuals. Plus the duration is great.
I give my vote to lsd just because of the versatilities.

Science fiction versus fantasy is actually a good way of differentiating the two. LSD feels "sharp" and mushrooms feel more "rounded."

Some will claim that both are the same, but this is definitely not the case in my experience. For me, the effects of LSD start with an amphetamine-style jolt, while mushrooms are more gradual (and maybe less "chemical") in their introduction.

LSD's effects also seem to shift abruptly, while the effects of mushrooms seem to accumulate.

Another major difference is that, with mushrooms, you have something heavy on your stomach. This sensation sometimes informs the psychological effects of the drug. Since only a minute amount of a chemical is required for an LSD trip, the experience can somehow feel more "light." However, I'm sure people get nauseous with LSD.
I feel the same way about acid it really reminds me of taking a lot of adderall with weed. If LSD is like an amphetamine what would u say acid is like in comparison. From hearing the sci-fi to fantasy analogy I feel like I will like acid more then shrooms.

I find mushrooms much more difficult to deal with usually than LSD. If you're worried about being able to act normal on them, don't do them. I think the possibility of a difficult trip is higher on mushrooms than it is on LSD. I feel more "different" on mushrooms than on LSD.

When I say Acid I mean lysergamide family compounds LSD, ALD-52, ETH-LAD, AL-LAD, LSA and not substituted amphetamines, substituted phenethylamines, or substituted tryptamines. When choosing a catalyst to propel your perception, use common sense. Never drop the N-Bomb, for any reason. Even kids know that one, and they barely get high.

Psilocybin Mushrooms -

In an outdoor setting, shrooms should prevail. The mushroom is long dyed in the wool. Deeply rooted in the DNA as a substance that merely produces itself when the time is right.

Acid -

Indoors, LSD is the way to go. Ingrained as the discovery of one of societies most brilliant bicycle rides to ever follow an institutional accident. It was literally conceived indoors and bloomed within an industrial society.

Overall, each provide their respective myriad of experiences in any set and setting.
Set - mood, desire, willingness, expectation, level of preparedness, preconceived notions, emotional attachments
Setting -physical/bodily health, surroundings, atmospheric conditions, noise floor, company

If these aspects aren't realized before hand, the psychedelic will surface them in no time. I usually follow my gut instinct, which can often be clouded by emotional desire or confidence.

For me personally, LSD is nearly always a great time. Shrooms are programmed at a level that is almost divine, some even believe they were a major catalyst to human evolution. I've had more spiritually meaningful experiences on shrooms, but I've also adhered to the depths of hell on occasion.

Shrooms give me a much more pronounced "headfuck" in that it controls the trip.....with acid I feel more in control

Adding weed to either is asking for trouble if you aren't a regular weed smoker....I've been shot straight to the moon before that way

This is pretty much exactly how I feel too. Shrooms also feel more confusing whereas acid is very clear and focused. And I agree with the weed point too! I love the combo now because I smoke a lot of weed on a very regular basis but my first shroom trip was like 3g after ripping bong all day. Ohhh boy. Reality? What reality? I was everyone and no one at the same time lol.