• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Shrooms varying widely in visuals?

moonyham

Bluelighter
I have done mushrooms many times, maybe around a hundred trips. I've had a few gigantic doses and many small and medium doses.

When I first did magic mushrooms, like the very first trip, my visuals were incredible. Everything took on a life of its own, everything was dancing or 'respawning', growing new leaves on trees sort of thing. I could see peoples skeletons and just.. It was very intense visually. However the mental side of it was minimal. I actually went to a busy mall with my friends, one of whom was tripping, to get coffee. I could function pretty normally and talk, but the visuals were so intense.

Well since then, regardless of dose, my trips are never really visual. I might get breathing or window frames bending but I don't see things that aren't there like I did the first time I tripped.

I still really enjoy mushrooms but it almost seems to me like I only get the mental effects, 'mushroom thinking' rather than visuals as such.

I always thought maybe because I've done mushrooms, mescaline, acid 'so many' times(what's too many? Lol) I just lost that part of the trip. Like my brain has an experience formed or something and it 'decodes' the visuals back into mostly normal vision. Something similar to how if you look through pinholes your brain learns how to fill in the gaps.

However, I have found mescaline still gets me pretty good. Maybe not 100% same as my first trip but 80% or so. In saying that I don't really like the stimulant effect of mescaline, and it doesn't have as deep of a mental 'thinking' state to it for me.

A variable I've always wondered about was that first batch of mushrooms. First, I didn't pick them and never saw them as they naturally look. I got them in a brown bag and they were mostly dark/black/blue. I didn't know shit about mushrooms and trusted the person they were legit. He had picked them the day before, they were still fresh/moist.

Me and the friend who consumed them made a tea and this thing happened that I've yet to see again. The water turned intense blue like we were boiling up powerade and stayed like that.

I've seen boiling water turn blue'ish' for a few seconds then dissipate but not turn that super ink blue and stay like that like it did the first time.

I'm just wondering if this is the missing key and I either am dealing with a species specific thing(is that possible? To have so much more visual elements?) or ive inadvertently done something in the process that first time to bring out a visual component?

I do remember we added lime flavoured sugar drink sachet with a boat load of vitamin C in it(yes I know about that now but we didn't know of such information at the time) but we added that into the brew minutes after the liquid had turned blue. I've had mushroom tea with that same sachet added to it(albeit the water hadn't turned blue) and not had any more visuals than normal.

Is this just a first trip thing? A species thing? A prep thing?

The mushrooms were manky as looking back on it. Like very heavily bruised. No white left to be seen, like someone had been beating the bag up lol. I never eat mushrooms that fucked up nowadays but maybe that was something too? Do mushrooms produce certain chems when rotting?

Last edited:
Sounds like just strong mushrooms, lots of signs of high psilocybin concentration. I've experienced this same exact reduction in visuals, yet I don't use regularly. Even when I take a whole ass eighth of some albinos. Wish that certain market still promoted it's very own mescaline pill.

I theorize that it has to do with dose, set, setting, and the amount of Psilocybin/Psilocin in the mushrooms. I never had them fresh only dried but they were grown and dried correctly and properly.

I never found you get "used" to mushrooms and back when mushrooms were legal I must have bought upwards of 30 kilograms of fresh mushrooms and eaten them all. I did end up with a tolerance of about 15 dried grams of cubensis a trip rather than the 5 dried grams I started with tho. Up your dose.