• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Shrooms trip with boyfriend.. weird experience.

mlz_____

Greenlighter
So a couple nights ago we had tried doing shrooms, me and my bf and another couple... we had taken them at our friends house and started feeling it about an hour to an hour and a half later. It was a good vibing, laughing experience. 2 hours later my bf and I noticed it was getting late and we had to drive home to get some rest for work in the morning. We left and my friend said we were still shroomig so it wasn't a good idea to drive, but my bf insisted we leave anyway. We got to the place thankfully and still felt the shrooms. My bf lives with a roommate and as soon as we got home he had texted him saying he was going to be out for the night. So it was just the 2 of us at his place. After my bf came back from smoking a cigarette in the balcony, he had closed the door and kept pushing the handle up and down repetitively. I called him and he turned around and went straight to his bed. I walked in and noticed him laying down and with his eyes rolled back noticing only the whites of his eyes. I got scared and tried to ask him if he was alright and asked him to talk, he then said, "I am talking," while his eyes were still rolled back and then he had rolled them back to normal. Then after I got up and told him let's get something to eat and he got up looked at the freezer, grabbed a raw chicken breast and took a bite out of it.. I was creeped out and I had walked out the apartment. He opened the door and sticked his head out 5 seconds later saying that I was making too much noise because I was freaking out too much trying to call my friend and he said to come in. I did end up coming in and couple minutes later he started kind of talking to himself while trying to light up his cigarette from the stove. I said babe? and he said what? and then I said I just feel weird right now and we starred at each other for 10 seconds and his eyes looked weird and I tilted my head right and then he tilted it too at the same time and just kept starring at me. I eventually left because I was freaking out. He was angry at me for leaving texting me and calling me and the next day when I had asked him what that was all about he said he was just feeling really tired and was super high and I was being overdramatic. So my question Is, is it normal for your eyes to roll back while you're shrooming? And eating raw chicken? idk. My bf gets frustrated every time I talk about it now. Thank you.

Early loops are common, with time you will get used. Sounds like you two oiled Lucifer's wings, sucks. Not only on shrooms but on many others, even booze. Yeah, isn't the strength that necessary does this, it's the individual. If you can't control yourself, many things can happen. Fear is different for everybody, the mindset that you go when you choose to free your mind, it's what you will end up with. It's normal yeah, as for changing persona bias that may occur, for sure -- again it's common. Let's hope it's not permanently, remember -- relationships should be about trust and common sense.

Early loops are common, with time you will get used. Sounds like you two oiled Lucifer's wings, sucks. Not only on shrooms but on many others, even booze. Yeah, isn't the strength that necessary does this, it's the individual. If you can't control yourself, many things can happen. Fear is different for everybody, the mindset that you go when you choose to free your mind, it's what you will end up with. It's normal yeah, as for changing persona bias that may occur, for sure -- again it's common. Let's hope it's not permanently, remember -- relationships should be about trust and common sense.
What do you mean by early loops ? Do you think if you allow negative thoughts enter you head, negative things will occur? Thank you for replying.

What do you mean by early loops ? Do you think if you allow negative thoughts enter you head, negative things will occur? Thank you for replying.

==

Rumination, it sucks. It's similar to schizophrenia. I wouldn't call them negative thoughts because that's the whole point of rumination, you have to embrace'em. What do you think, haha? Negative things can happen, like explaining yourself too much or thinkin too far for no reason. You have to keep your train of thoughts on the logical floor.

==

Rumination, it sucks. It's similar to schizophrenia. I wouldn't call them negative thoughts because that's the whole point of rumination, you have to embrace'em. What do you think, haha? Negative things can happen, like explaining yourself too much or thinkin too far for no reason. You have to keep your train of thoughts on the logical floor.

Okay great good to know. Sorry but last question, what do you mean by the phrase we oiled Lucifer's wings?

Sounds like he in was a thought loop and didn't really have much sense to reality so when you tried to communciate with him he would of sent him off on another tangent. While on psychedleics never tell somebody they been strange or weird act like everything is okay get them to try follow you and just sit down and give them a hug and play some music til the trip wears off.

What do you mean by early loops ?

Circular thinking, without realizing it. You can get trapped in thought loops, or action loops. It's difficult to explain, but easy to relate to anyone who is familiar with it. Like Shady said, it can go any which way, dark, happy, silly, weird, interdimensional, inward.

I tend to add a ridiculous amount of significance to simple actions when I'm tripping heavily. I get the feeling like I'm either waiting for something or that I should be doing something, lose the train of thought trying to figure out what it could be, then do something like shift in my chair or take a sip of water, and it feels like I've spent hours building up to that action, get a moment of relief, then back comes the waiting feeling. So I repeat myself, but add something to the action, like shift in my chair AND tap my leg twice. This might take seconds between actions, but it seems like hours, and eventually I must look like a total tweaker, tapping legs, shifting constantly, grabbing a smoke from the pack when there's one in my hand, trying to figure out how to take a drink with three or four unlit cigarettes in my hands, wonder why I'm holding cigarettes, think, "hey, I'd like a cigarette," grab another from the pack, try to find my lighter, realize I'm thirsty, feel like I've been sitting in the same position for hours so time to SHIFT and around we go again.

That's how I experience it, anyway. I had a friend who used to just bite people when she felt the loops coming on. I guess the commotion made for a good distraction.

As to your specific experience, who the hell knows. Everyone is different. Maybe raw chicken was the only thing he could think of to get rid of cotton mouth. Maybe he's astrally entwined with a long-dead Voodoo practitioner and their realities got tangled for a bit. Maybe he just thought it was an extra slippery hot pocket. I once introduced a house plant to my friends at a party thinking it was my girlfriend. We don't use psychedelics for their contribution to normality.

Sounds like he in was a thought loop and didn't really have much sense to reality so when you tried to communciate with him he would of sent him off on another tangent. While on psychedleics never tell somebody they been strange or weird act like everything is okay get them to try follow you and just sit down and give them a hug and play some music til the trip wears off.
Makes sense. If you tell them they're acting strange, they're going to continue to act strange because that's what will be running through their mind.

Circular thinking, without realizing it. You can get trapped in thought loops, or action loops. It's difficult to explain, but easy to relate to anyone who is familiar with it. Like Shady said, it can go any which way, dark, happy, silly, weird, interdimensional, inward.

I tend to add a ridiculous amount of significance to simple actions when I'm tripping heavily. I get the feeling like I'm either waiting for something or that I should be doing something, lose the train of thought trying to figure out what it could be, then do something like shift in my chair or take a sip of water, and it feels like I've spent hours building up to that action, get a moment of relief, then back comes the waiting feeling. So I repeat myself, but add something to the action, like shift in my chair AND tap my leg twice. This might take seconds between actions, but it seems like hours, and eventually I must look like a total tweaker, tapping legs, shifting constantly, grabbing a smoke from the pack when there's one in my hand, trying to figure out how to take a drink with three or four unlit cigarettes in my hands, wonder why I'm holding cigarettes, think, "hey, I'd like a cigarette," grab another from the pack, try to find my lighter, realize I'm thirsty, feel like I've been sitting in the same position for hours so time to SHIFT and around we go again.

That's how I experience it, anyway. I had a friend who used to just bite people when she felt the loops coming on. I guess the commotion made for a good distraction.

As to your specific experience, who the hell knows. Everyone is different. Maybe raw chicken was the only thing he could think of to get rid of cotton mouth. Maybe he's astrally entwined with a long-dead Voodoo practitioner and their realities got tangled for a bit. Maybe he just thought it was an extra slippery hot pocket. I once introduced a house plant to my friends at a party thinking it was my girlfriend. We don't use psychedelics for their contribution to normality.
This was a good read thank you for sharing. But it definitely makes sense. Just trippy about his eyes rolling back and talking to me at the same time changed my whole mindset around.

Just trippy about his eyes rolling back and talking to me at the same time changed my whole mindset around.

It likely wasn't as exaggerated as it seemed at the time, either... you were on mushrooms, too, after all.

The first time I took LSD, I was sitting in a park with some friends after coming down, and one of them started shouting in a growly voice, and I swear her entire face turned to teeth for a moment. Psychic aftershocks, or something.

I wouldn't worry about it, tripping can be weird, it sounds like he was pretty far removed from reality. He was probably confused when you left.

I would probably avoid taking shrooms or LSD together in the future. I mean I've been fucked up beyond reality but never "eat raw chicken out of the fridge" gone from reality.

I would try not to let this experience define your relationship and try to move past it in a positive manner. Just know your boyfriend has a weird side when on hard drugs and If you wanna be with him for the long term I would avoid psychedelics personally.

Also I agree with your friends that driving was a horrible idea. When I have had to drive on Shrooms it has caused bad trips and unneeded anxiety. Let alone the fact if you ever got in an accident or got pulled over say bye bye. Easiest DUI in the book would be someone on shrooms. Giant as pupils and no real concept of reality.