View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms Trip Help

fleshdunce

Greenlighter
Hey guys! A few months ago I did shrooms (third time). It was a bad trip overall (all my own fault - 1/8th on an empty stomach first thing after waking up? BAD plan) but one part in particular stuck out to me. I was going through a really rough long-term relationship break up in which he'd cheated on me with my best friend. However, around the time I started peaking, I realized I knew the names of these people and knew they did something incredibly hurtful to me, but I couldn't remember what they looked like, their relation to me, nothing. Just emotion and names. Any idea what shroomy phenomenon this could be? Thanks!

Dissociation in a word.. :)

Tends to happen during strong trips mostly. Not only dissociative drugs like ketamine but also psychedelics can gradually send you off into mystical or unusually altered states of consciousness. Can involve various things like depersonalization, derealization, indeed forgetfulness about many things about yourself or your life, distortion of sense of time and space, immersive peak experiences or breakthrough experiences in which you go through something like a dream sequence or an episode in what appears to be another dimension etc. Can also involve out of body experiences.

But yes, leading up to that you'd gradually get fuzzy about things and gradual distortion of time and space, I'd say.

I guess those are the things that are most shared by both psychedelics and dissociatives - of course there are also plenty of differences. IMO it makes sense: the more you get dissociated the more your inner world takes over the whole experience. In the process you can lose sense of things that relate to the outer world like those listed. Sensory deprivation therefore can be seen as another way to artificially dissociate you, and it potentiates and immerses the trip in similar ways.

Heavily introverted experiences like that make you not only lose sense of self (just like in dreams you don't tend to be self-critical), but you are only less critical about the experience I'd say - with some exception just like lucid dreaming. Shows you more about your subconscious and imagination, but less about facts. More wisdom than knowledge if you catch my drift.

well thats my opinion at least

That makes a lot of sense! Right after that I remember going inside to get some water and feeling like my body was outside but my "soul" was inside. I do have a past of dissociation so I'm not surprised at all that I experienced it while tripping, what really threw me off was I've never dissociated so hard before.