View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms "To-Go" before May 11?

Gretch

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I have a small amount of dried shrooms that I want to experience at the beach. I am squeamish about eating (chewing!) them just by themselves, so I was going to finely chop them or grind them so I can mix them with a liquid and just down it. I've read that citrus, especially lemon, will help the psychoactive ingredient enter the body faster and more efficiently. My question is, can I chop them up ahead of time and put them into an airtight container or freezer bag, and simply dump them into my drink a couple hours later when I get ready to ingest? Will the potency of the shrooms be degraded by sitting around in this chopped-up state for an hour or two? I'm trying to avoid having to chop them up at the beach; it's better if I can prepare them at home.

OR, should I chop or grind them and mix with the liquid before leaving the house, and just put the drink in a cooler so I can drink it down once I get to the beach?

My goal is to have the highest potency when I ingest the shrooms.

Thanks a bunch everyone; hopefully I'll get a couple replies before May 11. That's the day I'm looking at right now.

Gretch %)

No, it won't degrade significantly in just a few hours. Keep it away from light and moisture though until ready to consume.

Hi Hawk; I don't have a grinding device and I don't want to purchase one just for this... it's kind of a "once in a blue moon" kind of thing for me

Thanks 240; I appreciate it. I'll be sure to post about my experience!

Last edited by a moderator:
^It may be difficult to get them to blend into the liquid well though. My only time drinking shrooms I used a blender and made a smoothie essentially, and that worked well. Perhaps put them into a shake-mixer, you know with one of those to-go cups with a pop open lid and a metal mesh ball thing inside to help mix protein powders and the like? Make sure you don't leave any powder residue behind when you drink it either! Maybe wash it a second time and drink that down to.

Have fun! I tripped acid on the beach recently and it was phenomenal!

You could make mushroom iced tea. That's stable, if kept cold, for at least 7 days. I've also made mushroom tea ice cubes that I used 2 weeks later with no loss of potency.

Best bet, IMO is to make an iced tea and put it into a thermal mug. YOu'll be good to go.

Tom

All Great Ideas!

Wow, thanks everyone for your ideas. I had no idea the humble shroom was so hardy. I have chomped them before and the combination of the taste & texture is such a turnoff, especially if you're starting with an empty stomach. But if I can get it into liquid form in any way, I won't have any problems. Down the hatch, eh?

I'll keep checking; thanks everyone for your ideas. This will be my first trip at the beach since the 1970s 8o can't wait!

-gretch

Wow, thanks everyone for your ideas. I had no idea the humble shroom was so hardy. I have chomped them before and the combination of the taste & texture is such a turnoff, especially if you're starting with an empty stomach. But if I can get it into liquid form in any way, I won't have any problems. Down the hatch, eh?

I'll keep checking; thanks everyone for your ideas. This will be my first trip at the beach since the 1970s 8o can't wait!

-gretch

Just chop them up with a knife or pull then apart with your fingers and stick then inside a gel cap. Empty out a few decongestants or something.