View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

SHROOMS .. should i try shrooms

vicodin.is.bae.ok

Bluelighter
My freind recently acquired a large amount of shrooms he asked me and some of our other freinds if we wanted to take them with him... Everthing is telling me yes .. Should I? And if i do is there anything i could do to optimzie my experience ?

Ask yourself what 'crazy' is. Or more over, as I asked a friend of mine while we were tripping mushrooms, "What is sanity?"

Mushrooms are high anxiety for a lot of people, so a better choice would be 1/2 tab (60mcg) of LSD. In any case, only you can establish your own safe psychedelic dose. The best approach with any new substance is start small and INCH FORWARD. If you decide to go ahead with mushrooms, best not to exceed 1 gram on the first occasion. Smoking weed is a frequent cause of bad trips because it greatly intensifies the trip. There is always a risk.

Best wishes now and always.

Last edited:
We have a no 'what should I take?' / 'should I take this?' policy, please rephrase the question to be about what your personal considerations are. People here may give advice on that but you will still have to draw your conclusions yourself. We definitely don't jump to drawing the conclusions or making the decisions for you like that. :)

Check out our FAQ and the Index, look specifically for set and setting:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/559054-PD-Beginners-FAQ?p=9456919#post9456919 (there is a thread on it)

Mushrooms are high anxiety for a lot of people, so a better choice would be 1/2 tab (60mcg) of LSD. In any case, only you can establish your own safe psychedelic dose. The best approach with any new substance is start small and INCH FORWARD. If you decide to go ahead with mushrooms, best not to exceed 1 gram on the first occasion. Smoking weed is a frequent cause of bad trips because it greatly intensifies the trip. There is always a risk.

Best wishes now and always.
Tab isn't a unit of measure, unless the guy you buy if from laid the blotters himself in a lab he cannot know 100% that they are say 120's I had tobs sold to me as 120 and they were more of a 140 which was a noticeable difference.
Besides 60 ug is not worth doing. He may not want to start with 200 like I did but 60 is barely anything.

As for 1g of shrooms, let's not forget the effect they have is weight dependant, I did 1,2g on my first time while weighting ~80kg and it was a very mild trip (liberty caps) while my mate who did the same dose but take away about 20 kg of weight and he tripped much harder.

Last edited:
Psychedelics potency doesn't seem to be body weight dependent actually, despite your anecdote supporting that idea. And 60 actual ug is not all that worthless unless you want to get seriously mindfucked, it's about the actual average for a tab - so it may be close to what most people think 100 ug is.

Psychedelics potency doesn't seem to be body weight dependent actually, despite your anecdote supporting that idea. And 60 actual ug is not all that worthless unless you want to get seriously mindfucked, it's about the actual average for a tab - so it may be close to what most people think 100 ug is.
So how come each time me and my mate did shrooms he tripped harder on the same dose. We didn't eat beforehand.

If you are going to eat them make sure your body is in good shape!
And also tell us about it afterwards, please!

Otherwise, you will be alright aswell :D

So how come each time me and my mate did shrooms he tripped harder on the same dose. We didn't eat beforehand.

Personal sensitivity certainly exists, but variation due to brain chemistry happens more than with other drugs, which tends to outweigh total body mass as a factor.

People also report the reverse of what you describe, and other people are just unusually sensitive or insensitive by any standard. That doesn't happen to the same extent with something like alcohol. So the point is that everyone should carefully find out how they react to each psychedelic and not just calculate the dose mg / kg body weight and go for it.

Interesting, I know that I'm far more sensitive sensitive to stimulants. But I thought body weight plays more of a factor when drinking shrooms tea / eating them. Although when we did acid together there was barely any difference.

Yeah you'd think so, but I don't think it's true. Going by body weight goes really well for some drugs... but serotonin receptors like 5ht2a have a lot to do with the higher brain which is more about thinking and the most conscious stuff - maybe that's why it is more individually variable - many other things in your body develop much more independently of the sort of conscious mind you have?

Even if that's not true, gaining or losing weight won't make you gain or lose brain mass - with alcohol and plenty of other drugs it is important how it spreads across the body, but I don't think absorption and distribution of psychedelics is quite like that. In any case, I'm betting it has to do with either of those things.

Hey man id say go for it. I personally like lsd over shrooms any day and refuse to eat another god forsaken mushroom in my life because I had a very bad, but eye opening expierence I wouldn't take back for the life of me. If you want to make the effects stronger try smoking some weed and I wouldn't eat more then an eighth for the first time! Be safe!

Yeah you'd think so, but I don't think it's true. Going by body weight goes really well for some drugs... but serotonin receptors like 5ht2a have a lot to do with the higher brain which is more about thinking and the most conscious stuff - maybe that's why it is more individually variable - many other things in your body develop much more independently of the sort of conscious mind you have?

Even if that's not true, gaining or losing weight won't make you gain or lose brain mass - with alcohol and plenty of other drugs it is important how it spreads across the body, but I don't think absorption and distribution of psychedelics is quite like that. In any case, I'm betting it has to do with either of those things.
Seems worth reading into. Got any reliable sources of intel ?

Hey man id say go for it. I personally like lsd over shrooms any day and refuse to eat another god forsaken mushroom in my life because I had a very bad, but eye opening expierence I wouldn't take back for the life of me. If you want to make the effects stronger try smoking some weed and I wouldn't eat more then an eighth for the first time! Be safe!
3,5g for the first time ? Absolutely fucking not. That's way to much for someone without experience. And yes you said "no more than" I'd say no more than 1.5 and even this if you feel confident which OP clearly doesn't.

3,5g for the first time ? Absolutely fucking not. That's way to much for someone without experience. And yes you said "no more than" I'd say no more than 1.5
I have to disagree as 1.5 would be a less intense trip, he would likely have a great time on an eighth of shrooms as long as he has an open mind and is ready for anything. I think if he wants to get the full expierence and not some half ass mild trip that will leave him begging for more he should go with a solid 2.5 grams for his first time.

People who are ready to start with 3.5 g trip do not make threads, they jump in. If someone doesn't feel as confident just like OP 3.5 is too much.
"Ready for anything" great attitude for first time psychedelic experience. Let's disregard any lack of experience. I'd go with no more than 1.5 max two grams, given how his friend has a lot of them there is no reason to rush in. If he likes it he can go deeper. I did 1.2 on my first shrooms trip and it was too weak, but I had experience with LSD beforehand.