View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms or acid?

Lackasham

Bluelighter
Just want to know what would be best for my situation.

I work long hours on Monday through Thursday and I need to be at at least near 100% for my job. I want to trip alone for the first time on Friday.

I am well experienced with LSD with doses ranging from 80-425ugs but my shroom experience is less extensive. I've done it 3 times (2g, 3.5gx2) and all 3 were very underwhelming. I experienced little to no effects. That being said I really want to experience a full on psilocybin trip but I'm not sure whether they were weak boomers or if I have a natural tolerance

Now like I said I want to trip Friday solo for the first time. I want to be fully rested and recovered Monday morning. I have a choice between 2 strong (100+ug?) tabs of lsd or an eighth of "deathcaps". I don't think that's an actual strain probably just a selling ploy but regardless they are psychedelic mushrooms at least. Which would better suit my needs?

I'd be worried about mushrooms called "death caps", there are a real deadly type of mushroom called death caps. Stay well away if they look like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_phalloides

Other aminatas might not be too nice either, some are considered to be deliriants so they aren't so deadly, but nothing like a psychedelic, make sure you have psilocybes of some kind.

Last edited:
I think recovering from mushroom trips is generally easier. I mean, if you have the full two days to rest and trip, go ahead and do the LSD, but if you wana be able to sleep right after the trip, I'd say the mushies are the better option.

They don't look like that they look like other cubebsis I've come across. I think it's more of dealer trying to make his product sound better than it really is

240sxLover that is what I had figured recovery wise so +1 for shroomies but I also want to trip and shrooms have been known to make me not. If I were to take the shrooms and not experience any effects at +3 hours could lsd still be an option or would tolerance ruin it

You need to be sure they're psilocybin - how did this dealer get them? You can just buy deathcaps off the internet - as far as I'm aware they're complete shite.

Ismene he grows them and I have acquaintances who have tried them and they are definitely psilocybin

I find 4aco to be much easier to dose and 'get working' than vegetable shrooms.

I also find 4aco generally kinder and friendlier as a psychedelic than acid

I always preferred LSD over shrooms. The uncomfortable feeling in the stomach from.the shrooms always made the feel kind of dirty. Just don't do them both at the same time I.did that once at an outdoor concert. I sat on a hill and did not move for 8/hours lol.

I did shrooms only once in college in 2005, with another person who never did it, we both did a full 8th...and it was by far the most insane thing I have ever done in my entire life. I did acid once but it was only one hit and it wasn't anywhere near the absurdity the shrooms was, since I'm sure one hit of cid isn't equal to an eighth of shroomies. I wish I was in the state of mind now to do them again but I know I will just have a bad trip now due to the regrets and guilt that would come up due to my 7 year heroin habit, which recently remitted due to stability on suboxone for 8 months now. But that doesn't really help you right now,

But I will tell you that if you get your hands on some shrooms that can be vouched for by someone that's tried the same batch, I would say it may be better than the cid, because the next day I didn't have lingering effects that were very notable or memorable.

Even if they are psilocybes just the name "death cap" would put me off, no way I'd buy mushrooms some idiot decided to name after a deadly type. It doesn't take much to freak out on a strong mushroom trip, just that suggestion could spoil it. Maybe your other experiences were old weak mushrooms, they can degrade. A gram of good strong freshly dried mushrooms should be similar intensity to a good strong lsd blotter, but I've had 2g of dried cubensis that I bought in Amsterdam that did almost nothing. My own foraged liberty caps, which are stronger than cubensis were worthless after 6 months stored dried/whole.

vajeeh, maybe a 'bad shroom trip' would help, they can be a learning experience.

Last edited:
Greenthumb thanks for the advice on degradation and such I never really knew why they didn't work very well but that could be it.

As bad as I want to do shrooms I think for my first solo trip I will go with the lsd just because I'm expecting a slightly difficult experience ( im in a new career and I'm breaking free from my old ways and starting anew, the trip being the last step) I've had more experience with lsd and after some thinking although it may wear me out more from everything I've understood and from experience lsd is a great tool for more logical confrontation of personal issues as I've heard shrooms can be more confusing and all over the place

I will also mention to my dealer to stop calling these mushrooms deathcaps as that is misleading. Thanks for the input

Any recommended set/setting information that would help me on my journey to self improvement?

As far as setting, just be somewhere safe and comfortable. I greatly prefer tripping at home. Nature can be fun, but I really like having a stereo, fridge, toilet, and couch nearby.

Greenthumb thanks for the advice on degradation and such I never really knew why they didn't work very well but that could be it.

As bad as I want to do shrooms I think for my first solo trip I will go with the lsd just because I'm expecting a slightly difficult experience ( im in a new career and I'm breaking free from my old ways and starting anew, the trip being the last step) I've had more experience with lsd and after some thinking although it may wear me out more from everything I've understood and from experience lsd is a great tool for more logical confrontation of personal issues as I've heard shrooms can be more confusing and all over the place

I will also mention to my dealer to stop calling these mushrooms deathcaps as that is misleading. Thanks for the input

I always found mushroom trips easier to deal with than LSD, maybe it's just I have more experience with mushrooms. It's shorter duration, no recovery time, less stimulating, easier to sleep after & I get a nice afterglow, lsd leaves me feeling a bit fried for a day after. I don't get nausea from dried mushrooms, but I just pick wild ones, liberty caps, they're a bit different, they're a bit stronger than cubes too. Mushrooms seem less chaotic, less scatterbrained, less anxious, less stimulating, less euphoric, more visual, more emotional, 'deeper', clearer, compared to LSD, to me. Possibly mushrooms are more likely to give a 'bad trip', but they're all learning experiences, I never came close to doing anything really stupid and dangerous or anything, just repressed emotions come to the surface.

I really found the opposite for me, mushrooms help me deal with personal issues in a clearer way, lsd is more confusing & all over the place. A mushroom trip seems less predictable, I never know what I'm going to get, they're all different, but they're clearer than lsd. Maybe the unpredictability is because it's hard to have a predictable dose, they can vary in potency quite a lot. My last trip was just 0.7g of dried liberty caps, they were about a week old, it was intense enough, a +++ at times, but I could've eaten more if I had them.

For a solo trip to sort out personal problems I really much prefer mushrooms.

They need to be relatively fresh or stored well.

Just that name would put me off a bit, that's the only thing, maybe if they didn't grow wild all over the place here I'd be less picky & consider buying them, as long as they're psilocybes. I'm scared to eat amanitas, no desire to do that, had a pack rotting for years in my drawer. I don't think you can buy actual death caps on the internet, half a cap will kill a man, but there are less toxic amanitas, related species, sold as legal highs, like the red with white spots amanita muscaria, they're nothing like psilocybes.

Last edited:
Functionally, LSD and mushrooms have different neurological actions. I take a lot longer to recover from LSD that shrooms. I can get up the next day and feel clear from mushrooms, while with LSD I feel wrecked for a while... unless I get lucky and sleep for 14 hours straight, then I wake up clear as a bell.

In my experience - and I can only speak for myself - mushrooms have a lower recovery time.

Any recommended set/setting information that would help me on my journey to self improvement?
"Don't forget to bring a towel!"
But for real, I always feel so much better on a mushie trip if I have access to a big blanket or sleeping bag so I can be a cocoon :)

I much prefer Acid and it will take a good deal of mushrooms to reach 400+ug if you have really had that (you'll probably find acid doses are pretty exaggerated by dealers too) - that said shrooms have a shorter recovery and you haven't really experienced them so worth trying - they are very different

If you are alone- LSD, if you are in a group and have the day off and wanna adventure on a hike or something- Mushrooms.

ohhhh not to flame you but I dunno about that. LSD alone can be a bit of a torturous mind fuck if things get too intense.