• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Shrooms or acid for a first trip?

WaterOverLiquour

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

Finally got a plug for psychadelics now. My guy can hook me up with basically anything, so, which would be better for a first trip?

Shrooms feel safer to me since I have a "plant" to look at and identify if needed and not some piece of paper with mystery liquid on it.

But the nausea and absence of control is whats putting me off of shrooms.

Can't really overdose on either so that's not a concern but since I can't test my stuff due to reasons I won't be going into here, not sure what I would be getting with tabs.

I hate nausea and it's one of the main reasons I don't drink so I feel like I'm at an impass here.

What do you think would be better and what do I gotta look out for/ prepare for considering I'll be doing this alone?

Thanks!

(P.S. hope the prefix is fine since this is related to lysergic acid)

Yeah man id go with shrooms. There's something quite magical about them in that they are natural. The trip is also very connection orientated compared to mescaline or acid in my experience. Just be prepared for the time distortion which ever way you go and no matter how fucked up you think you are or that you are gonna feel a certain way forever, the trip does end, just accept that time is messed up and you are in a tripping state of mind and go with it.

Yeah man id go with shrooms. There's something quite magical about them in that they are natural. The trip is also very connection orientated compared to mescaline or acid in my experience. Just be prepared for the time distortion which ever way you go and no matter how fucked up you think you are or that you are gonna feel a certain way forever, the trip does end, just accept that time is messed up and you are in a tripping state of mind and go with it.
2 grams a decent first dose?

2 grams a decent first dose?
Honestly, I never have weighed mushrooms despite doing them 50+ times. I go by visually identifying a 'dose'. The only time I had any kind of 'gram' type measurement was an experienced guy selling me chocolates and he said there was 3.5g of dried shrooms in each one and that its a 'pretty decent dose'. To me that experience was what I would consider a trip erring on the medium to heavy side.

This is a good question.
The first port of call is to try and create the best trip possible. That's the most important part because, if you took acid or shrooms under less favorable conditions, it wouldn't matter which you took because the end result will be pretty similar. You want to provide the best conditions possible for your trip and so learning about psychedelics beforehand is really important.

Having said that, there is learning about psychedelics and then learning about psychedelics. One process happens prior to taking them and the other happens afterwards and no amount of research can prepare you for a psychedelic experience once you are thrown into one. I learned that after my first time. All the work you do before only gets you half way and while it means a lot, the rest is out of your hands for the most part thereafter. I try and look at it as me carrying myself up until the point of having a psychedelic experience. I bring myself to a location, I research the location, I make sure I have real psychedelics and do due diligence to make this so, I spend the week prior in a sort of therapeutic headspace to bring myself to a level ready to trip, I plan what I might do and what will be around me (especially if outdoors), food, water, shelter etc. Even things like the amount of time in the day (especially if outdoors) so that I don't end up in the pitch black trying to find my way back. After I carry myself to the final point I am released from that position and now I'm open to the experience. I know I've done enough to get myself to where I needed to be and with everything I need. I always tend to look back on this through a trip and especially afterwards and appreciate the time, care and effort I put in looking after myself in such a way.

Now for first time psychedelic use. I'm not sure if it really matters which one you take for a first time. Mushrooms provide a more natural high. Every time I take them it feels natural and more grounded in the relationship between me and the mushrooms. With LSD though I tend to notice the artificiality of the experience in that LSD is of course a synthetic substance. I think lots of other people notice this as well. However when you're in a full blown trip this isn't the most important thing that comes to mind! It's more something you reflect on afterwards and also before the peak. With LSD it always feels less natural although the more cleaner the acid the more natural it feels. I tend to have a more deeper connection to my organic existence on mushrooms. It's like you are putting a piece of yourself inside yourself and just amplifying it. It's not a foreign process. Whereas LSD for me anyway is like putting something outside of yourself inside of yourself. The head space is more lighter on mushrooms too, even at higher doses. I did 5 grams last year in silent darkness in a shepherds hut in the sticks and didn't feel heavy at all. I witnessed language disintegrate but at the same time I hadn't got to the point beyond language or complete ego dissolution and so I still had thoughts only they disintegrated half way through consolidating them and at that point they broke down like a gear grinding against another gear and into nothingness they went all while this grinding gear effect sounded like a shamanic chant or something similar. LSD helped me to piece together my traumatic childhood and made me realize I wasn't to blame. I could see all the pieces come together so the script of my life story made sense and everything fit together perfectly as it was meant to be without the side narrative projected onto me by the experiences I had been through and what I had been made to believe and assume was true. LSD changed my life. Nothing has ever come close, and probably ever will. I solved the story of my childhood. Actually I had been on this path all my life prior and already had a high level of understanding. LSD propelled me to new heights and broke away conditioning that had corrupted my high level of understanding.

LSD will challenge what you think reality is. And this isn't always a pretty affair. The best trips are often the ones with the most difficult experiences. When you are battling with shit you've harboured your entire life. Or never knew you had harboured for that matter. Can mushrooms do that? I think so although I've never had life changing experiences on them. They are more insightful in other ways in that they are more spiritual (for me anyway). The 5g in silent darkness I told you about also made me realize that we are all gifted with being smothered in love and acceptance and that the universe seeks for things to be this way. Almost like the notion of there being a God or creator but without the labels and with it being the universe as a whole as an awe inspiring entity that has intelligence. We are all held up and brought together by the innate connection we all share and that is something deeply woven into our condition. I also realized that everything is okay and that I can let go and I won't fall off the edge of the world. Everything is how it is meant to be. All this was spiritual though and not like how LSD provides you insight. LSD is more "BAM! TAKE THAT! YOU NEED THIS TO WAKE UP!" whereas mushrooms sends you messages as if it comes from the Earth in much more earthy way. You are receiving messages from a very important organism that comes from the ground yet has such intelligence and this relationship you have with it is significant.

I would start small and work your way up. Try a light dose first, around 100ug or maybe 1g of mushrooms. This will give you consciousness altering effects but nothing that will send you into the psychedelic realm nor will you feel like you've lost control (which is a key process in the psychedelic experience). In this altered state you will experience yourself differently, see things differently and your head space will be different, but not completely transformed. This is intentional. You ideally want to build up to a psychedelic experience so you can get a feel for the terrain and also best plan the more intense and heavier experiences later on. Slowly start tweaking the dose increasing it experience after experience until you reach the psychedelic sweet spot. All the while get a feel for what works best for you; set and setting, music, goals, company you keep, visual and tactile elements, ambience and lighting etc. You will no doubt gravitate to a particular state you want to find yourself in after taking psychedelics a few times. For me it's always in nature and with the goal of introspection and therapeutic benefits. Everybody is different.

I cannot recommend enough tripping outdoors, especially if you can find yourself in the mountains watching on towards a beautiful vista. This is indescribable on psychedelics. You really are blown away by the beauty of nature. I've sat and stared at awe inspiring views for hours on psychedelics unable to fathom what is before me. The second time I took LSD with a friend we found a spot overlooking snow capped mountains complimented with contrasting green fields (where the snow had melted because it was more in-land and so warmer) and a lake in front of that. We did nothing for several hours other than tell each other how amazing the view was. We wanted to do nothing except sit there and watch it as if we turned away it would all disappear. I also tried to cook some food with a portable stove and lost my shit because the fucking thing wouldn't keep lit and so I ended up throwing it around cursing the stove, which put my friend into hysterics. We did finally cook some oats though, which by then had tufts of grass in because I had launched the thing around for a few minutes in desperation.

Research, research, research. Be an intelligent first timer. You will get way more out of the experience.
I see all too often unprepared rushed and uneducated attempts at taking psychedelics and it blows me away how careless people can be. Taking them in unfamiliar places around unfamiliar people and doing stuff that just taxes them instead of opens them up to the potential they can afford. Also, just as important, make sure you're taking REAL psychedelics!
This is where yet more research comes in and knowing how to source, who to source from, what to look for and utilizing your street smarts and diligence to keep yourself and your friends safe and sound. Don't just score some shit because someone sprang up with something you want. Know what it is and who it is whose providing it. Know who recommended this person and even who recommended the person who recommended you to use this person. At the least, get a reagent testing kit and if you can, send a tab off for remote lab testing. Always err on the side of caution and always seek to refuse something for the chance to find something better and to amass a variety of sources and products you can then scrutinize. After all, it's going in your body and psychedelics when tainted are no laughing matter. I once got some acid that had apparently been on special offer and was being bulk sent out as an incentive to new buyers to buy the 'full version' product. It was NBOME. I ended up having to lie down all night because of severe breathing problems. I couldn't move fast or do anything that involved much effort otherwise I felt like I was suffocating. Couldn't get up or move my arms or legs unless really slowly. The psychedelic experience was more visual hallucinations and it was extremely heavy on the body, not just through suffocating me either. That was a scary experience although I knew to just remain calm and lay down to ease blood flow around my vitals.

It will probably never happen to you but it's not impossible and it's always something you have to consider. I wish psychedelics was a utopia with only benevolent forces supplying them to the world but in reality, it's a business and there's lots of people who through sheer greed choose to not vet the products they get or purely because they are criminals who truly deserve to be locked up for harming those who want to do no harm to others and want to simply trip.

Research, start low, get yourself in the best headspace you can beforehand and live a healthy lifestyle (to benefit the experience before and after), lots of preperation, lots of goal setting and the rest is history! :)

I think that the best 'first' psychedelic would either be 4-AcO/HO-MET or 4-AcO-DMT (analogues of psilocin that have very similar effects to 'shrooms' but generally lack the negative physical effects like nausea and vomiting and have far more consistent potency) or 2C-B. But if you do not have access to any of those compounds, then psilocybin is a good choice. Low-dose DMT may also be a good introduction to the psychedelic headspace, just be sure to weigh it out so that you don't end up in hyperspace. (You should be weighing any psychedelic compound prior to taking it, as a small change in dosage can lead to a severalfold increase in intensity.)

LSD is great and one of my favourites, but it lasts far too long for a first-time user. If you do go with LSD or 2C-B, remember to get some test kits.

Guess I'm in the minority here, but I vote for a single hit of acid. It's enough to let you somewhat realize what tripping is, without overdoing it, and doesn't have issues like upset stomach that mushrooms can have, which imo could cause you to not enjoy your first trip as much as acid.

Hope you have a great time!

Never had either but been advised shrooms by someone knowledgeable.

Interesting .....how times change over the years.When i first consumed LSD25 1972there were no mobile phones internet...discussion of set and setting preperation and all these 'other'so called things didnt exist.There was no preconceived ideas or expectations implanted in ones psyche.You just took the acid and away you went.I would go with a low dose of whichever psychedelic you may choose....you actually have that choice these days.

Last edited:
Honestly, I never have weighed mushrooms despite doing them 50+ times. I go by visually identifying a 'dose'. The only time I had any kind of 'gram' type measurement was an experienced guy selling me chocolates and he said there was 3.5g of dried shrooms in each one and that its a 'pretty decent dose'. To me that experience was what I would consider a trip erring on the medium to heavy side.
From experience, 3.5g is WAY too much for a first-time. 1.5g is a good first-time dose in my opinion.

From experience, 3.5g is WAY too much for a first-time. 1.5g is a good first-time dose in my opinion.
I would agree for the most part. I kind of feel the whole 'start low' thing is a bit over the top. My first trip was a huge dosage, far bigger than 3.5, and it was great. We just didn't know what dosing was so threw the whole bag in the pot(a sandwich bag packed full) between two of us.

I think your mental state has more to do with dosing than anything. If you are sure of yourself, and have high confidence in who you are then dosing higher is generally OK from my own and other people I've tripped with experiences.

Yah well the low dose recommendation was due to the fact that there are a lot of 'fragile'folk out there with compromised mental states....yah throw them all in a pot brew up...lol ...like i mentioned no knowledge of dosing ...either with lsd or shrooms ...

This is a good question.
The first port of call is to try and create the best trip possible. That's the most important part because, if you took acid or shrooms under less favorable conditions, it wouldn't matter which you took because the end result will be pretty similar. You want to provide the best conditions possible for your trip and so learning about psychedelics beforehand is really important.

Having said that, there is learning about psychedelics and then learning about psychedelics. One process happens prior to taking them and the other happens afterwards and no amount of research can prepare you for a psychedelic experience once you are thrown into one. I learned that after my first time. All the work you do before only gets you half way and while it means a lot, the rest is out of your hands for the most part thereafter. I try and look at it as me carrying myself up until the point of having a psychedelic experience. I bring myself to a location, I research the location, I make sure I have real psychedelics and do due diligence to make this so, I spend the week prior in a sort of therapeutic headspace to bring myself to a level ready to trip, I plan what I might do and what will be around me (especially if outdoors), food, water, shelter etc. Even things like the amount of time in the day (especially if outdoors) so that I don't end up in the pitch black trying to find my way back. After I carry myself to the final point I am released from that position and now I'm open to the experience. I know I've done enough to get myself to where I needed to be and with everything I need. I always tend to look back on this through a trip and especially afterwards and appreciate the time, care and effort I put in looking after myself in such a way.

Now for first time psychedelic use. I'm not sure if it really matters which one you take for a first time. Mushrooms provide a more natural high. Every time I take them it feels natural and more grounded in the relationship between me and the mushrooms. With LSD though I tend to notice the artificiality of the experience in that LSD is of course a synthetic substance. I think lots of other people notice this as well. However when you're in a full blown trip this isn't the most important thing that comes to mind! It's more something you reflect on afterwards and also before the peak. With LSD it always feels less natural although the more cleaner the acid the more natural it feels. I tend to have a more deeper connection to my organic existence on mushrooms. It's like you are putting a piece of yourself inside yourself and just amplifying it. It's not a foreign process. Whereas LSD for me anyway is like putting something outside of yourself inside of yourself. The head space is more lighter on mushrooms too, even at higher doses. I did 5 grams last year in silent darkness in a shepherds hut in the sticks and didn't feel heavy at all. I witnessed language disintegrate but at the same time I hadn't got to the point beyond language or complete ego dissolution and so I still had thoughts only they disintegrated half way through consolidating them and at that point they broke down like a gear grinding against another gear and into nothingness they went all while this grinding gear effect sounded like a shamanic chant or something similar. LSD helped me to piece together my traumatic childhood and made me realize I wasn't to blame. I could see all the pieces come together so the script of my life story made sense and everything fit together perfectly as it was meant to be without the side narrative projected onto me by the experiences I had been through and what I had been made to believe and assume was true. LSD changed my life. Nothing has ever come close, and probably ever will. I solved the story of my childhood. Actually I had been on this path all my life prior and already had a high level of understanding. LSD propelled me to new heights and broke away conditioning that had corrupted my high level of understanding.

LSD will challenge what you think reality is. And this isn't always a pretty affair. The best trips are often the ones with the most difficult experiences. When you are battling with shit you've harboured your entire life. Or never knew you had harboured for that matter. Can mushrooms do that? I think so although I've never had life changing experiences on them. They are more insightful in other ways in that they are more spiritual (for me anyway). The 5g in silent darkness I told you about also made me realize that we are all gifted with being smothered in love and acceptance and that the universe seeks for things to be this way. Almost like the notion of there being a God or creator but without the labels and with it being the universe as a whole as an awe inspiring entity that has intelligence. We are all held up and brought together by the innate connection we all share and that is something deeply woven into our condition. I also realized that everything is okay and that I can let go and I won't fall off the edge of the world. Everything is how it is meant to be. All this was spiritual though and not like how LSD provides you insight. LSD is more "BAM! TAKE THAT! YOU NEED THIS TO WAKE UP!" whereas mushrooms sends you messages as if it comes from the Earth in much more earthy way. You are receiving messages from a very important organism that comes from the ground yet has such intelligence and this relationship you have with it is significant.

I would start small and work your way up. Try a light dose first, around 100ug or maybe 1g of mushrooms. This will give you consciousness altering effects but nothing that will send you into the psychedelic realm nor will you feel like you've lost control (which is a key process in the psychedelic experience). In this altered state you will experience yourself differently, see things differently and your head space will be different, but not completely transformed. This is intentional. You ideally want to build up to a psychedelic experience so you can get a feel for the terrain and also best plan the more intense and heavier experiences later on. Slowly start tweaking the dose increasing it experience after experience until you reach the psychedelic sweet spot. All the while get a feel for what works best for you; set and setting, music, goals, company you keep, visual and tactile elements, ambience and lighting etc. You will no doubt gravitate to a particular state you want to find yourself in after taking psychedelics a few times. For me it's always in nature and with the goal of introspection and therapeutic benefits. Everybody is different.

I cannot recommend enough tripping outdoors, especially if you can find yourself in the mountains watching on towards a beautiful vista. This is indescribable on psychedelics. You really are blown away by the beauty of nature. I've sat and stared at awe inspiring views for hours on psychedelics unable to fathom what is before me. The second time I took LSD with a friend we found a spot overlooking snow capped mountains complimented with contrasting green fields (where the snow had melted because it was more in-land and so warmer) and a lake in front of that. We did nothing for several hours other than tell each other how amazing the view was. We wanted to do nothing except sit there and watch it as if we turned away it would all disappear. I also tried to cook some food with a portable stove and lost my shit because the fucking thing wouldn't keep lit and so I ended up throwing it around cursing the stove, which put my friend into hysterics. We did finally cook some oats though, which by then had tufts of grass in because I had launched the thing around for a few minutes in desperation.

Research, research, research. Be an intelligent first timer. You will get way more out of the experience.
I see all too often unprepared rushed and uneducated attempts at taking psychedelics and it blows me away how careless people can be. Taking them in unfamiliar places around unfamiliar people and doing stuff that just taxes them instead of opens them up to the potential they can afford. Also, just as important, make sure you're taking REAL psychedelics!
This is where yet more research comes in and knowing how to source, who to source from, what to look for and utilizing your street smarts and diligence to keep yourself and your friends safe and sound. Don't just score some shit because someone sprang up with something you want. Know what it is and who it is whose providing it. Know who recommended this person and even who recommended the person who recommended you to use this person. At the least, get a reagent testing kit and if you can, send a tab off for remote lab testing. Always err on the side of caution and always seek to refuse something for the chance to find something better and to amass a variety of sources and products you can then scrutinize. After all, it's going in your body and psychedelics when tainted are no laughing matter. I once got some acid that had apparently been on special offer and was being bulk sent out as an incentive to new buyers to buy the 'full version' product. It was NBOME. I ended up having to lie down all night because of severe breathing problems. I couldn't move fast or do anything that involved much effort otherwise I felt like I was suffocating. Couldn't get up or move my arms or legs unless really slowly. The psychedelic experience was more visual hallucinations and it was extremely heavy on the body, not just through suffocating me either. That was a scary experience although I knew to just remain calm and lay down to ease blood flow around my vitals.

It will probably never happen to you but it's not impossible and it's always something you have to consider. I wish psychedelics was a utopia with only benevolent forces supplying them to the world but in reality, it's a business and there's lots of people who through sheer greed choose to not vet the products they get or purely because they are criminals who truly deserve to be locked up for harming those who want to do no harm to others and want to simply trip.

Research, start low, get yourself in the best headspace you can beforehand and live a healthy lifestyle (to benefit the experience before and after), lots of preperation, lots of goal setting and the rest is history! :)
Thank you for this amazing piece of advice!

The main reason isn't to score just because I can but to gain insight into who I am and why I am the way I am.

My mental state isn't the best honestly, trouble at home for the past few years before I moved out, kinda shitty childhood and some heavy stuff I've been going through for the past year or so.

It's nothing too bad right now and I'm not depressed. But I heard a lot of stories like yours, where people use them to get over shit and that would be my number 1 reason to take them. Starting therapy as well afterwards to talk through everything with someone who (hopefully) knows what they are doing.

Life is complicated and I don't want to pretend like I understand all of it, psychadelics probably wont change that fully either. But having better understanding might help me work through some stuff thats been weighing me down for way too long.

Mental health can never be perfect imo, but if we keep chipping away at it and taking care of ourselves, we might have a very decent chance of living a healthy, happy life.

I think, after reading these comments by everyone, that I'll settle for the 2 grams of shrooms. A bit more than the recommended 1.5g but still not too high either. For the nausea, I've had someone recommend me to mash the shrooms in some fresh grapefruit juice to get rid of it, not sure if thats a real way to do it but if not, I'll happily brew them into a tea.

Hi WaterOverLiquour,

reading your last post here I get the impression that your mindset approaching this is as spot-on as it may get for a first timer.

If you are already convinced that you want to do this I would go as far as encourage you to do so!
Since a couple of days already passed since your post, you hay have already had an experience. Apologies, I was looking at the "Joined" date.

Anyway.
Keep chipping away! I expect you will have a beneficial relation with pyschedelics.

Last edited:
Hi WaterOverLiquour,

reading your last post here I get the impression that your mindset approaching this is as spot-on as it may get for a first timer.

If you are already convinced that you want to do this I would go as far as encourage you to do so!
Since a couple of days already passed since your post, you hay have already had an experience.

Anyway.
Keep chipping away! I expect you will have a beneficial relation with pyschedelics.
The post was actually made only 12 hours ago, and I didn't do it yet.

I plan on taking them sometime next month but already want to start preparing.

I'm excited but can't know what to expect honestly since the experience is by all accounts indescribable.

Thanks for the advice though!

The post was actually made only 12 hours ago, and I didn't do it yet.

I plan on taking them sometime next month but already want to start preparing.

I'm excited but can't know what to expect honestly since the experience is by all accounts indescribable.

Thanks for the advice though!
Try to spend the next month focusing on relaxation and self improvement. Don’t stress about the trip, but prepare a bit leading up to it. Make sure you have a clean space with no obligations or interruptions the day of or after the trip (preferably the day before too.) Daily meditation can be a small but great way to prepare. I suggest daily exercise (Even going for a long walk every day is enough) too.

Thank you for this amazing piece of advice!

The main reason isn't to score just because I can but to gain insight into who I am and why I am the way I am.

My mental state isn't the best honestly, trouble at home for the past few years before I moved out, kinda shitty childhood and some heavy stuff I've been going through for the past year or so.

It's nothing too bad right now and I'm not depressed. But I heard a lot of stories like yours, where people use them to get over shit and that would be my number 1 reason to take them. Starting therapy as well afterwards to talk through everything with someone who (hopefully) knows what they are doing.

Life is complicated and I don't want to pretend like I understand all of it, psychadelics probably wont change that fully either. But having better understanding might help me work through some stuff thats been weighing me down for way too long.

Mental health can never be perfect imo, but if we keep chipping away at it and taking care of ourselves, we might have a very decent chance of living a healthy, happy life.

I think, after reading these comments by everyone, that I'll settle for the 2 grams of shrooms. A bit more than the recommended 1.5g but still not too high either. For the nausea, I've had someone recommend me to mash the shrooms in some fresh grapefruit juice to get rid of it, not sure if thats a real way to do it but if not, I'll happily brew them into a tea.
No problem, glad I could help :)
Your mental state isn't the most critical factor although it does shape your experience and depending on how you respond to psychedelics, what direction you go. Obviously its recommended you are in optimal mental health but like you said, you can never reach a state where you are perfect. I think that's protocol that has filtered through psychedelic communities from empirical research and informed opinion because of the newer science around psychedelic therapy with a heavy focus on being safe and effective. And that's not a bad thing. I wasn't in the greatest mental state when I first took LSD. In fact I was probably in my most unstable when I look back. I was repressing a lot of issues and led that a life that wasn't congruent. And I faired very well from my trip. I guess what most people worry about is those who are severely unwell to the point where they a risk to themselves and/or others and should be under some sort of mental health care. I think of unstable schizophrenics, people undergoing a psychotic episode, people with severe personality disorders that on a normal day seriously impact their health and wellbeing etc.

There can be a lot of confusion at higher doses, especially if you are unfamiliar with the inner landscape and having never taken them before that's a guarantee. That can be mitigated by choosing an ideal environment, which is where the emphasis on set and setting comes in. It also helps to learn to let go and allow the trip to take you on a journey without you trying to fight it. Some people are more inclined to be less controlling in everyday life and more open and accepting of their predicament, its a lifestyle choice and involves personal commitment, much like therapy. Looking back now I would have really benefited from having set the intention to go on this journey outside of my psychedelic work to better be available to embracing the journey that happens when tripping. Accepting myself more in everyday life so that I'm more likely to do the same when exposed to the content of my mind when the filter is taken away.

Confusion can turn into paranoia and other things, if there's no foundations for understanding and processing it. You can tend to automatically assume its all because there's something wrong with you or something bad has happened, but that's because its so easy to forget you are tripping and you are at the mercy of your inner world. You are open to experience and vulnerable as your inner defense mechanisms temporarily dissolve so everything can seem more amplified, and that includes the "good" and the "bad". Whatever is " good" and "bad" is entirely down to your life story and the constructs in your mind and thats where it gets interesting and also deep. You begin to understand these constructs and the stories, true or false, that come attached. And then how these form how you see yourself in the world. There's often something really meaningful behind these processes, and even the thought loops themselves, which has an important message. Being able to let go and allow the experience to unfold is what brings the insight because when you stop fighting you really start going on the journey!

It sounds like you are already well traveled. Having been through the varying experiences you have you are bound to have gained insight and awareness into many different things. I know I did when I experienced what seems like similar things to you, at least from the very alluded to in your message. That will be where you start :)

You can never completely prepare for psychedelics. You can only get prepared as much as you can and cover as many bases as possible to make the expedience better before, during and after.

As for the grapefruit. I would be cautious. Grapefruit juice potentiates the mushrooms so your experience could be amplified significantly. People use grapefruit to get more out of their prescription drugs because it inhibits an enzyme that breaks down things so you get more potentiation of the active substance. Mushrooms can get rough on your stomach but it usually goes away within an hour or so. I think you should be more experienced before you add "extras" to a trip. Things like weed and potentiating things should ideally be avoided in your first few experiences. I also personally think you should be closest to the medicine as possible and learn to appreciate its many benefits, especially as a newcomer, before expanding on it but that is just my opinion and maybe others will say otherwise.

Good luck man!

Low-dose DMT may also be a good introduction to the psychedelic headspace
Personally I always hated low dose DMT (by itself). It just felt weird, slightly dysphoric and had no redeeming qualities. It doesn't last very long so not that bad, could be useful for introduction I guess.

I enjoyed medium doses of 25-35mg quite a lot, though.

Just my experience.

right - or half of an eighth if you can only grab them by the eighth

probably better off with shrooms because it's shorter than acid

a whole hit of acid might be a little much too for the first time - maybe try a half hit first

:pills: