• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

shrooms n tolerance

I'm not a doctor, but it's important to approach any combination of substances with caution. Combining substances can lead to unpredictable effects, and without proper research or guidance from a medical professional, you could potentially harm yourself.

That said, here are a few considerations regarding the combination of amphetamine (such as Adderall) and psilocybin mushrooms:

1. Synergistic Effects: Combining any two drugs can lead to synergistic effects, which means the combined effects of both drugs may be stronger than the sum of their individual effects. This can be unpredictable and potentially dangerous.
  2. Heart and Blood Pressure: Stimulants like Adderall can increase heart rate and blood pressure. Psilocybin can also cause these cardiovascular changes in some individuals. Combining the two might result in exaggerated effects on the cardiovascular system.
  3. Psychological Effects: Both Adderall and psilocybin have psychological effects. Adderall can cause anxiety, paranoia, and overstimulation in some individuals, while psilocybin can lead to intense emotional and perceptual changes. Combining the two could lead to heightened or altered psychological effects that might be overwhelming or challenging to handle.
  4. Serotonin Syndrome: While the risk is believed to be low with psilocybin, combining multiple substances that affect the serotonin system has the potential risk of leading to serotonin syndrome, a potentially life-threatening condition.
  5. Individual Variation: Every individual reacts differently to substances. What may be tolerable for one person might be dangerous for another. It's always a risk to combine substances without knowing how they will affect you personally.
  6. Adverse Interactions: There's limited research on the specific interaction between Adderall and psilocybin. Thus, it's challenging to predict with certainty how the combination will affect an individual.
If you're considering combining any substances, especially those that are psychoactive or have potential for interactions, it's essential to consult with a medical professional or a pharmacist about the potential risks.

Lastly, if you or someone you know is in crisis or experiencing adverse effects from substances, seek emergency medical attention immediately.

IME benzos don't blunt trips at all, I wish they did lol. I've had some intense trips that I'm just like begging for the Valium to do something and it doesn't. Have broken through on DMT on Valium as well.

I guess xanax would probably definitely blunt a trip, Valium is pretty weak compared to other benzos, kpins are like nearly as strong as xanax right? I've only used Valium medically and Temazepam a few times recreationally (apparently a favorite but the stuff never did anything but make me feel a bit dizzy, even at high doses). Had found an old bottle of it in my parents medicine cabinet many years back. Happened to be reading The Basketball Diaries around that time and that was an eye opener on why I should just stick with the basic stuff and never touch anything hard.

Shrooms for me are mostly anxiety provoking these days, but I have yet to trip with a friend again which I haven't done in like 7 years. Solo trips can be scary, you just wanna talk to someone who's also tripping, whether alone or with people not tripping, it's difficult, but with people not tripping is more difficult especially if they aren't well versed in psychedelics. DMT solo is the way to go though in my opinion. Glycine for whatever reason I found to be a significant trip blocker for DMT for me in particular, but I guess this isn't the case for most people who use magnesium glycinate with DMT. I tried it on and off with different forms of magnesium but the glycinate would block me from breaking through or tripping really hard every single time without fail.

I'm not a doctor, but it's important to approach any combination of substances with caution. Combining substances can lead to unpredictable effects, and without proper research or guidance from a medical professional, you could potentially harm yourself.

That said, here are a few considerations regarding the combination of amphetamine (such as Adderall) and psilocybin mushrooms:

1. Synergistic Effects: Combining any two drugs can lead to synergistic effects, which means the combined effects of both drugs may be stronger than the sum of their individual effects. This can be unpredictable and potentially dangerous.
  2. Heart and Blood Pressure: Stimulants like Adderall can increase heart rate and blood pressure. Psilocybin can also cause these cardiovascular changes in some individuals. Combining the two might result in exaggerated effects on the cardiovascular system.
  3. Psychological Effects: Both Adderall and psilocybin have psychological effects. Adderall can cause anxiety, paranoia, and overstimulation in some individuals, while psilocybin can lead to intense emotional and perceptual changes. Combining the two could lead to heightened or altered psychological effects that might be overwhelming or challenging to handle.
  4. Serotonin Syndrome: While the risk is believed to be low with psilocybin, combining multiple substances that affect the serotonin system has the potential risk of leading to serotonin syndrome, a potentially life-threatening condition.
  5. Individual Variation: Every individual reacts differently to substances. What may be tolerable for one person might be dangerous for another. It's always a risk to combine substances without knowing how they will affect you personally.
  6. Adverse Interactions: There's limited research on the specific interaction between Adderall and psilocybin. Thus, it's challenging to predict with certainty how the combination will affect an individual.
If you're considering combining any substances, especially those that are psychoactive or have potential for interactions, it's essential to consult with a medical professional or a pharmacist about the potential risks.

Lastly, if you or someone you know is in crisis or experiencing adverse effects from substances, seek emergency medical attention immediately.
Did you use chatgpt or some other ai language model for this? Please don't do that, as AI models create misinformation, such as the warning about serotonin syndrome which you have posted. 5HT2A agonists don't contribute to serotonin syndrome; serotonin releasers or reuptake inhibitors cause that.

I guess xanax would probably definitely blunt a trip, Valium is pretty weak compared to other benzos, kpins are like nearly as strong as xanax right? I've only used Valium medically and Temazepam a few times recreationally (apparently a favorite but the stuff never did anything but make me feel a bit dizzy, even at high doses). Had found an old bottle of it in my parents medicine cabinet many years back. Happened to be reading The Basketball Diaries around that time and that was an eye opener on why I should just stick with the basic stuff and never touch anything hard.

Shrooms for me are mostly anxiety provoking these days, but I have yet to trip with a friend again which I haven't done in like 7 years. Solo trips can be scary, you just wanna talk to someone who's also tripping, whether alone or with people not tripping, it's difficult, but with people not tripping is more difficult especially if they aren't well versed in psychedelics. DMT solo is the way to go though in my opinion. Glycine for whatever reason I found to be a significant trip blocker for DMT for me in particular, but I guess this isn't the case for most people who use magnesium glycinate with DMT. I tried it on and off with different forms of magnesium but the glycinate would block me from breaking through or tripping really hard every single time without fail.
The only time I felt temazepam was the first time

Did you use chatgpt or some other ai language model for this? Please don't do that, as AI models create misinformation, such as the warning about serotonin syndrome which you have posted. 5HT2A agonists don't contribute to serotonin syndrome; serotonin releasers or reuptake inhibitors cause that.
I did but I also added my own words too. I apologize for any confusion, and I appreciate the feedback. You're right that the primary culprits behind serotonin syndrome are drugs that increase the amount of serotonin available, such as serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) or serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), and certain other agents. 5-HT2A receptor agonists, like some hallucinogens (e.g., LSD, psilocybin), do not commonly cause serotonin syndrome on their own.

However, the potential for interactions between different substances should not be underestimated. If someone is taking an SSRI or another serotonergic drug and then takes a substance that acts as a 5-HT2A receptor agonist, there might be increased risk for serotonergic side effects or complications. That said, simply taking a 5-HT2A agonist alone would not typically lead to serotonin syndrome.

Last edited:
I mean when I ate 7 grams after the trip was done, I waited about 2 hours and I grabbed a 5 gram bag and I started to redose about a gram at a time every other hour or so for the rest of the night. It was in small doses so it made me feel a warm and fuzzy body high, increased introspective thoughts, increased creativity, and a feeling of being connected to everything. I was watching movies all night long and I was able to see more of the details in the movies and I was seeing the meaning of the movies from a different perspective. It was really beautiful I felt so empathetic and connected to nature and life itself, the shrooms gave me a new and better perspective of my life. I mean I agree shrooms tolerance will certainly grow though