• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

shrooms n tolerance

xannyhead

Bluelighter
took 1.75g dried shrooms today. felt a strong sativa like edible effects. Will i be fine mixing adderal with a couple grams of dried (weak tbh in potency) magic shrooms? (i do adderal daily due to strong adhd

You'll be fine. Not a dangerous combo. Vasoconstriction might get uncomfortable.

I don't know about combining an upper with it, seems like that would possibly cloud the effects some. I'd personally just do the shrooms by themselves. What's it have to do with tolerance though exactly?

(in my thorough experience) you can redose shrooms, take em the same night even. It's DISsimilar to lsd if your familiar. Are you planning to get geetered and AMPlify the trip? Or dose your normal dose and then take shrooms the same day? Cant say I would reccomend getting spun while your tripping, falling down from shrooms and also coming down from addy sounds pretty bad. I would honestly microdose in liu of addy in the morning then take your god dose or whatever later. If your tryin to use addy to potentiate shroomery and get weird maybe take a god dose of addy then however much shrooms. Sounds like it could be weird.... whats wrong with your shroooms where nearly 2 gs is like a microdose lol are you on ssris?

They mentioned them being weak, I'd assume they're just on the Adderall. I feel like even this could block some of the psychedelic effects.
Re-dosing shrooms doesn't work too well though. Once you begin to feel the effects, you already develop some tolerance, this is what I've read when I looked into re-doses in the past. The shrooms I have now when I sampled them I took 1.2g, then re-dosed a half gram, and another half gram after that like 30 minutes later and it barely added any effects. So I'd taken 2.2g in total in this manner. When I took around 2g alone another time I got smacked because they're really potent.

I almost wish I could find shrooms that aren't really potent lol. My first ever major trip was on about 5g of dried shrooms that were very dark in color, almost black. Lots of blue but to not have too significant of visuals says a lot. It was mostly very heady, it felt similar to MDMA, the euphoria probably even surpassed MDMA.

Stimulants don't block psychedelic effects.

May decrease likelihood of some emotional aspects, but in terms of sheer drug intensity no.

The dude may indeed have weak mushrooms and i think we should accept his account instead of hypothesizing randomly. Weak mushrooms do exist while stimulants blocking psychedelics isn't a thing.

thank you everyone for the attention. Ive done heroic doses a couple years ago (like 8-9g every 3 or 4 months) but never took shrooms often. I ate like 2gs in the morning by 11pm, if I eat like 4g of shrooms at like 18pm will I trip? (the shrooms are decent quality and potency overall)

(in my thorough experience) you can redose shrooms, take em the same night even. It's DISsimilar to lsd if your familiar. Are you planning to get geetered and AMPlify the trip? Or dose your normal dose and then take shrooms the same day? Cant say I would reccomend getting spun while your tripping, falling down from shrooms and also coming down from addy sounds pretty bad. I would honestly microdose in liu of addy in the morning then take your god dose or whatever later. If your tryin to use addy to potentiate shroomery and get weird maybe take a god dose of addy then however much shrooms. Sounds like it could be weird.... whats wrong with your shroooms where nearly 2 gs is like a microdose lol are you on ssris?
considering I ate around 2-3gs by 11-12am today (got some visuals for an hour or so), will I trip if I eat like 4g in the evenin? thats my question i gues s

Visuals for only an hour? That's really unusual, but no that 4g will be a waste. You'd have to eat double what you had and even then it likely won't affect you much more. If you want to really trip then waiting a week between trips, minimum 5 days in my experience is best.

Stimulants don't block psychedelic effects.

May decrease likelihood of some emotional aspects, but in terms of sheer drug intensity no.

The dude may indeed have weak mushrooms and i think we should accept his account instead of hypothesizing randomly. Weak mushrooms do exist while stimulants blocking psychedelics isn't a thing.

I guess everyone's different then, when I used to be on Ritalin I found both DMT and shrooms would hardly do anything. I knew a girl who had trouble tripping on Adderall as well, she tried to do a breakthrough dose of DMT, 50mg, but she wasn't tripping very hard. I had that same batch and dose and it blew my brains out.

I remember doing 20mg of DMT while on Ritalin and I just felt a little euphoric. I went off the Ritalin and tried it again and I was still on an SNRI which does block the effects of psychedelics but I still tripped completely fine, even on 1g of shrooms. Most people have trouble tripping on anti-depressants but I never seemed to, yet I would on stimulants. I was only on 10mg of Ritalin too, which I'm pretty sure is a milder drug than Adderall anyway but I could be wrong. To me it felt milder, Adderall made me feel way too speedy.

Visuals for only an hour? That's really unusual, but no that 4g will be a waste. You'd have to eat double what you had and even then it likely won't affect you much more. If you want to really trip then waiting a week between trips, minimum 5 days in my experience is best.
Disagree

i'm going to guess the person isn't going to get the same effects from that second four grams... i always heard that after you peak on the first dose, you are going to need a lot more to keep that going the same... but four grams is a little more than the first dose, so they might get a body high or something, but i doubt it will be a full blown trip. i always heard to wait a week between shroom doses because of tolerance too, but i guess if you have the supply you can always take a good amount more...

i'm curious as to what the OP does, if they take the other four grams or not and how that goes... i'd personally wait a week and have a whole nother trip with a little bit higher dose than the week before. couldn't really hurt taking the four grams if you have the money to blow though.

i've honestly never tried redosing shrooms in the same day though. i'm just going by what i heard is probably the general consensus... i know this is different but i was just thinking about the time i was tripping on 1p-lsd and i took double the dose of ald-52 at the end and i tripped for another bunch of hours with a really good feel..... all drugs do effect people differently some what.... i'm guessing this poster probably already decided on what they are doing though from the timing.

Care to say more? Because it's extremely well established how mushroom tolerance builds. He's better off saving the 4g for at least a few more days to get the fullest out of them, otherwise it's at most going to feel like he did earlier if not less. They're already weak mushrooms as is.

And yeah foodcrisis, a week minimum, some people recommend 2 weeks. It really depends how much you took. I had one day where I took a gram and had a mild trip, and a few days later at 3 grams and was off the planet. I probably still had a mild tolerance so that could've ended up a lot more intense potentially but I doubt it, 1 gram isn't much. If I'd eaten an 8th and tried eating another 8th a few days later though it'd feel more like a gram.

While you can re-dose I wouldn’t really suggest it. Mushroom tolerance takes effect basically the second the first dose enters your system, and unless you do around double the dose or more you initially started with you’re at best prolonging the effects. Which already have a pretty long effect to begin with

IMO it’s better to just smoke some weed after the peak, it’ll prolong the effects and actually make them more enjoyable than re-dosing. I’ve eaten literal pounds of mushrooms in the last few years and while some people may swear by it, a re-dose is never the answer.

I used to waste grams and grams and grams at a time trying to re create the peak in the same night/day and it was nothing more than that - a waste. You’re never going to get that initial rush again in the same day(or even few days) after the initial dose.

If you want to make the most out of your mushrooms I have the ultimate recipe, for me anyway. Get fuckin drunk first. If you’re not an alcoholic like myself, just have enough beers/shots to get you feeling really good. For some reason being drunk before I dose turns an anthill into a mountain, trip wise. Then(you can, and probably should actually do this before) grind up whatever dose you plan on taking and put it in some lemon juice or orange juice and let it sit for ~20 minutes or longer. Something about the citric acid breaks down and makes the psilocybin/psilocin more potent. Chug that bitch and it’ll hit you faster and harder then you’ll even know how to comprehend, and it lasts longer. It also almost completely eliminates nausea if you normally get any from eating shrooms

And if you’re still up for it, smoke some weed at or after the peak. I promise you, if you’re looking for a 10/10 time this is a 12/10 time.

I have had shrooms that gave me a much more intense body high than a visual high, I guess it all depends on which strain and potency but for me shrooms always gave me a body high, enhanced colors and visual acuity, intense emotions and would make me confront what ever was going on in my life. I ate 7 grams of Golden Teachers once about a year after my dad died and while I was tripping I felt like his spirit was alive inside of me and I broke out into tears of grief. So for me shrooms always made me feel whatever was going on in my life and would make me confront it head on.

I have had shrooms that gave me a much more intense body high than a visual high, I guess it all depends on which strain and potency but for me shrooms always gave me a body high, enhanced colors and visual acuity, intense emotions and would make me confront what ever was going on in my life. I ate 7 grams of Golden Teachers once about a year after my dad died and while I was tripping I felt like his spirit was alive inside of me and I broke out into tears of grief. So for me shrooms always made me feel whatever was going on in my life and would make me confront it head on.

I guess everyone's different then, when I used to be on Ritalin I found both DMT and shrooms would hardly do anything. I knew a girl who had trouble tripping on Adderall as well, she tried to do a breakthrough dose of DMT, 50mg, but she wasn't tripping very hard. I had that same batch and dose and it blew my brains out.

I remember doing 20mg of DMT while on Ritalin and I just felt a little euphoric. I went off the Ritalin and tried it again and I was still on an SNRI which does block the effects of psychedelics but I still tripped completely fine, even on 1g of shrooms. Most people have trouble tripping on anti-depressants but I never seemed to, yet I would on stimulants. I was only on 10mg of Ritalin too, which I'm pretty sure is a milder drug than Adderall anyway but I could be wrong. To me it felt milder, Adderall made me feel way too speedy.
I was on the SNRI Effexor when I did shrooms and I certainly stilled tripped

People say that antidepressants block the effects of shrooms,but when I was taking Effexor and did shrooms I certainly still tripped and felt the effects. I don't know about stimulants, I would think it would make the trip more speedy and anxiety ridden

If they're prescribed for ADHD then they shouldn't really have any speedy effect if taken at the prescribed dose, but yeah I think it would make a trip worse and less "pure."

Most people do get effects blocked from SSRI/SNRIs. Maybe Effexor is different given it has such a short half life, the shortest of any anti-depressant. I was on that stuff for about a month once and almost jumped out of a motel window, it happens to also be associated with the most suicides compared to any other anti-depressant. Shit is absolute hell to come off, too. I mean just quitting after a month I had brain zaps to the point where my whole body felt electrocuted. This stuff has to be bridged into like, Cymbalta, and then to Prozac.

SNRI withdrawal is the absolute worst withdrawal I've ever experienced and I've withdrawn from gabapentin, valium and kratom. I had to bridge into Prozac (has the zaps but they come and go, it's much easier) when I was quitting Cymbalta, but yeah, when I was still taking it, albeit at only 20mg because I'd been tapering at the time, 1g of shrooms had me tripping insanely hard, but they just happened to be some of the most potent shrooms imaginable.

I expected it to be like a microdose and was not prepared for what felt like at least 3g I also tripped while on a full stomach and while on Prozac as well, but apparently that isn't likely to blunt a mushroom trip according to this chart. A lot of people on Prozac still have said it blunted the effects though and there's no reason it should be different than other SSRIs, so I think there may be an inaccuracy there. It does say mushrooms are still likely to work on any of them regardless, but if you took LSD you'd almost certainly feel much less.

If they're prescribed for ADHD then they shouldn't really have any speedy effect if taken at the prescribed dose, but yeah I think it would make a trip worse and less "pure."

Most people do get effects blocked from SSRI/SNRIs. Maybe Effexor is different given it has such a short half life, the shortest of any anti-depressant. I was on that stuff for about a month once and almost jumped out of a motel window, it happens to also be associated with the most suicides compared to any other anti-depressant. Shit is absolute hell to come off, too. I mean just quitting after a month I had brain zaps to the point where my whole body felt electrocuted. This stuff has to be bridged into like, Cymbalta, and then to Prozac.

SNRI withdrawal is the absolute worst withdrawal I've ever experienced and I've withdrawn from gabapentin, valium and kratom. I had to bridge into Prozac (has the zaps but they come and go, it's much easier) when I was quitting Cymbalta, but yeah, when I was still taking it, albeit at only 20mg because I'd been tapering at the time, 1g of shrooms had me tripping insanely hard, but they just happened to be some of the most potent shrooms imaginable.

I expected it to be like a microdose and was not prepared for what felt like at least 3g I also tripped while on a full stomach and while on Prozac as well, but apparently that isn't likely to blunt a mushroom trip according to this chart. A lot of people on Prozac still have said it blunted the effects though and there's no reason it should be different than other SSRIs, so I think there may be an inaccuracy there. It does say mushrooms are still likely to work on any of them regardless, but if you took LSD you'd almost certainly feel much less.
Yeah I did do LSD on Effexor and I didn't really trip at all, but I also blamed it on taking a Klonopin and half a bar of Xanax right before eating the tab. But yeah when I did shrooms on Effexor I definitely still tripped