View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms dosage = to 1 tab of LSD

zzirgrizz

Greenlighter
I know that there is no way to actually determine the amount of shrooms that would equal the effects to one tab of LSD but they can be compared at least. I got some dry galindoi mushrooms in pill form that each contain .5g. I've tripped LSD about 5 times and would really like to reach the level of 2 tabs or about 250ug. I've tripped shrooms once but I'm almost positive it wasn't the dosage I was told and I didn't trip all that hard. What would be a dosage I should look into?

I hear galindoi aren't very potent. You may need to take 4+ grams to get a decent trip comparable to LSD. The thing with mushrooms is, two different caps can vary in potency quite a bit so it's really hard to tell. You could always try microdosing and seeing how potent they are.

I've only tried !P, LSZ and AL-LAD, and have only gone as far as 150ug (1P) and 225 ug (LSZ). Have done 12g dried homegrown mushrooms (once), while preferred dose is ~5+ g. It's apples and oranges, but I don't feel what I've tried Lysergamide wise feels any stringer than about 1/8 oz of mushrooms. As a disclaimer though, I'm still very cautious with Lysergamides, but have abandoned caution when dosing mushrooms. Also, I've only solo tripped, and only in my fortress of solitude.

Tom

The simple fact of the matter is that a shroom trip and a LSD trip are two different experiences. When people say one should start with shrooms because they're 'easier', I can't agree. To me mushrooms have always been more anxious for a longer period than LSD ever was.

That said, I'd say an 1/8th of mushrooms is generally equivalent to one or two tabs of acid... but as others have said, no two mushrooms are the same, and there's no way to tell just how high the doses are on your blotters... so really, your question is unanswerable. If you want more consistency between mushie doses though, you could powder the whole batch, then weigh your doses in powder form and titrate your dose up. Then there would be a consistent dosage throughout the mushroom powder.

The simple fact of the matter is that a shroom trip and a LSD trip are two different experiences. When people say one should start with shrooms because they're 'easier', I can't agree. To me mushrooms have always been more anxious for a longer period than LSD ever was.

That said, I'd say an 1/8th of mushrooms is generally equivalent to one or two tabs of acid... but as others have said, no two mushrooms are the same, and there's no way to tell just how high the doses are on your blotters... so really, your question is unanswerable. If you want more consistency between mushie doses though, you could powder the whole batch, then weigh your doses in powder form and titrate your dose up. Then there would be a consistent dosage throughout the mushroom powder.

All of what you said, and plus there are way too many variables like the ug/mics of LSD, and Psilocybin content of mushrooms can vary greatly even if they're the same species and genus, and what's a low dose of mushrooms to one person can be a moderate or high dose to another person.

Why not just take 2 tabs if that's what your aiming for? Or both? (shrooms with acid) I would never try to substitute shrooms for acid. Acid is so much better.

They're completely different and I really enjoyed shrooms the first time I took them but it's been so long. I want to try them again. Acid's nice but sometimes it's just too long.

Last edited:
Hard to tell, some acid will tear your face off of one dose, and some 8ths of mushrooms put people in the psych ward.
Round here the standard single dose unmarked white L will put you a fair bit under where an 8th of average cubensis will take you. Very general though