View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms blackout

MrJacob

Greenlighter
I've tripped on shrooms twice. First time I took 3.5g (not sure the quality) and consumed around .5-1g of weed, the second I took 6g of some really good shrooms. Both experiences I cannot recall anything that happens after the first hour to when I wake up around 6-12 hours later when there is no effects left. I can compare to an alcohol blackout where you remember absolutely nothing just the come up and bits of pieces that don't mean anything. My question is why is this and is it normal? I've done 250ug LSD once and remember everything. I don't understand the difference??

I have had what you might consider "blackout" experiences on high doses of psilocybin. That is, in the 5+ gram range. What generally happens is, I might be accepting the very intense come up, with all the eye-watering and weird body load, getting a bit anxious, then settling in. I might put my headphones on, start to experience very intense psychedelia, and before I know it, an hour or two might go by where I KNOW I listened to something, but cannot identify it. There is often and very, very strange serious of events that play out that are very loosely related to the music, but are also very much psychedelic and VERY bizarre. It is almost DMT like, where you experience ego death without even being consciously aware of it, losing the fear of losing control, and just kind of disappear. It can be alarming, and sometimes I have a very hard time recalling exactly what happened and how much time elapses. I actually have come to know and expect this experience when taking what might be considered heroic doses of mushrooms. And yes...it is like blacking out, but realizing it after you "return", only to finish the rest of the trip out and eventually come down. In some ways, I prefer this total and complete ego-loss and detachment from reality to the effects of other psychedelics such as LSD and what not, and again, liken it to, in some ways, a breakthrough DMT experience where you feel transported to another dimension, or another reality. It's scary sometimes, but blissful once you accept it.

I think what happens is that the content of your trip on really high doses gets so absurd and unfathomable that you literally are unable to form memories about them. Thought and perception becomes unpackageable, and you can't form memories out of it because it doesn't fit into the medium of your memory.

I had a strong eth-lad trip where I was on the edge of these black hole mind states, peering in, and I think I dipped into them a bit.