• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

shrooms & antidepressants/anxiety

s4mmis4ms

Greenlighter
hey y’all, i’m new here, i just made this account because i’ve been trying to do some research for a while but can never find anything reliable. and this seems like a good site to look around. but anyways, i’ve been depressed for years, along with anxiety and been on antidepressants for about almost 2 years and on buspirone for almost a year. currently, i’m on 100 mg of venlafaxine and 20 mg of buspar. i’m curious about taking shrooms and i wanted to try it, especially with these new studies coming out about them helping with depressions. but my concern and questions have been, am i gonna have a bad trip/health concern taking shrooms while on those medications? and my next question is, can the shrooms effect my mind and body afterwards while still taking the medications ?

if anyone has also ever taken similar medications and took shrooms, did you feel any different? i’m curious too if it can help me get off the medications.

like i said, i’m new to this site, maybe there’s a similar post like this i couldn’t find but i appreciate all and any opinions about it. if you guys know of any website links or youtube videos about it, that’d be cool too. thanks in advance :)

Antidepressants block the effects of psychedelic drugs including shrooms. It will take like two weeks of abstinence from them to trip on them. But you can not just go cold turkey on your meds they have side effects withdrawls.

You would have to consult a doctor about tapering down to stopping your medications before using shrooms. Mushrooms greatly reduced my depression and still has a long lasting positive effect but im experinced with psychedelics for a newbie tripping will be rough which is why a guide or trip sitter is needed.

In these studies mushrooms anti depressant effects came into play mostly at large doses of 4-5 dried grams this is way to large a dose for a new comer to experience unless they also had a professional psychologist and thepary setup like the study.

Psychedelics including mushrooms are not a silver bullet for curing depression and anxiety but they can greatly reduce them and make you aware of the root issues causing them that you then need to apply to your life to resolve them.

^Solid post.

The only thing I'd add is to ask if you think it might be possible to talk to your doctor about tapering off your meds and replacing them with psychedelic therapy. I'm not trying to be funny. I have no idea where you live and what your doctors and social conventions/norms are like, but I'd give it a try. Your doctor might be keen.

I used mushrooms and MDMA to help with my depression but no one should do this on their own as it isn't inherently safe. Also, I wasn't and had never been on any medication.

Mushrooms still worked for me while I was taking 15mg abilify and 120mg citalopram but mdma is blocked out.