Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms and Vyvanse....

bluepeter63

Greenlighter
FIRST Shrooms trip (with Vyvanse) question

I am taking shrooms this weekend for the first time. I was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD about 8-10 years ago and have been on medication since then. I have recently lowered my dose and am now taking 40mg of Vyvanse.

I was wondering if there will be any drug interaction?

If it is safe (both physically and mentally) to take my medicine and shrooms? If it is safe is there anything I should know.
Can I take my meds in the morning and then the shrooms soon after? do i need to space it out?

Please any advice would be great. i am getting a little nervous about mixing the two.

Please let me know about any of your experiences.

Thank you

Last edited:
Don't take the vyvanse the day you take shrooms.

Stimulants + psychedelics are known to cause anxiety.

Agreed, you don't want amphetamine in your system when you're trying to trip on shrooms. Absolutely not. Skip it.

That's very strange, I took 90 mg of Vyvanse throughout the day in 3 separate 30 mg pills, then did shrooms at around 9 pm and had a great energized trip. I was able to walk around normally and everything was extremely interesting. The trip itself wasn't as strong as my first shroom trip though.

Take vyvanse with your trip. You will have a blast. I usually get too sedated with mushies so having that extra kick is awesome

Physiologically speaking it's not a dangerous combination. It is pretty notorious for causing anxiety though.

I once took 330mcg LSD a few hours after I'd taken some amphetamine in the morning... personally I wouldn't recommend it. I ended up having a great trip but I felt manic and could have done without the phet. I saw some crazy shit that day LOL.

sounds fun
but i'd just save the shrooms for the next weekend cuz they're probably just as fun on their own!

To be fair, the OP did say he has ADD/ADHD.
Remember: these people do respond A LOT differently to stimulants than the rest of us.
I did some research on Desoxyn, which is pharmaceutical dextromethamphetamine hydrochloride. One thing really amazes me: a lot of AD(H)D sufferers report sedation as a side effect of pure fucking d-meth of all drugs. These people actually find plain d-amp to be more stimulating.

Well what can we say really? Anybody out there have experience taking prescription stimulants with psychedelic drugs?

Personally I welcome that sedation and sloppy relaxation I get off shrooms and I wouldn't want to counteract that with stims. That said, I don't suffer from ADD/ADHD so I'm in no position to comment on this case. It seems ADD/ADHD sufferers find drugs like Vyvanse to be calming.

Seeing as this forum is dedicated to harm reduction, I would recommend sticking to taking your Vyvanse as directed by your physician. There's no need to be skipping doses because there is nothing inherently dangerous about taking it with psychedelics.

I am diagnosed with ADD and have taken focalin, ritalin, concerta, vyvanse, and adderall over the years. It doesn't affect you that differently, it's a load of horseshit that it's a totally different experience. I would still never take it with a psychedelic.