View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms and safety

xannyhead

Bluelighter
So, I've had the chance to take shrooms after many years of having the desire to try them. Last week I tried them, took 2 grams and had a really cool experience. With that being said, im still left with a couple of unanswered questions.

So: How long should I wait until my next trip? What problems could occur if I, hypothetically, took shrooms every month? My plans right now are to wait at least a month and then try a 4 grams dose to have the full experience and then only trip again next year.

I am quite hyperactive (but no ADHD whatsoever), and am prescribed vyvanse 30 mg (lowest dosage). Is there a problematic interaction between vyvanse and psilocybin? How could they affect each other negatively?

Thank you for reading

How long should I wait until my next trip?
Two to four weeks.
What problems could occur if I, hypothetically, took shrooms every month?
Everything and nothing.
My plans right now are to wait at least a month and then try a 4 grams dose to have the full experience and then only trip again next year.
That's up to you man, whatever floats your boat.
Is there a problematic interaction between vyvanse and psilocybin?
Nope.
How could they affect each other negatively?
Stims and psychs just aren't fun in combination and generally induce anxiety. Nothing innately dangerous physically though.

Last edited:
Yeh, if you're taking stims as prescribed then they shouldnt be a problem. It's only when you're tweaking like fuck for days on end that it can affect your trips.

But like any other drug, the longer you leave between trips, the better. Psychedelics build tolerance very quickly, but that tolerance also diminishes very quickly. Ultimately, it depends upon what you can handle and only you can judge that.

Ima do a 2 g trip soon. It’s been 11 years I hope they are gentle to me. But I’m not going use any stims