View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms, 1.5g first time

LeafDog

Greenlighter
So tomorrow night I am trying shrooms for the first time, 1.5g, strand: b plus cubensis. I am 16 nearly 17 years old, about 12 stone and just under 6ft. We are going to boil them and then eat them, we also have valium on hand for a bad trip or just for when we come down. Is this a good starting dosage? Will I still trip? I understand the dangers and I will be in good company in a good setting. Any information is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Why boil them? Just eat them.

And yes, 1.5 is a pretty responsible dose for your first time. Have fun, be safe, be in a good environment and it will probably be a great experience.

Boiling will degrade them...
you should just eat them... and swallow fast...

I personally put mine; ether powdered, or in small bits into a 6 once glass of orange juice... I let it sit in the juice for an hour or so... I drink it down.. it hits you very fast this way... you mite not want to do this, maybe after you have a few shroom trips under your belt first...

If it s your first time that's a good starter dose...

I was told boiling them makes them more potent, am I likely to mind trip on this dosage? I like the idea.

what are your trying to boil them for? are you drinking the water or something? boiling something just heats the heck out of it and can destroy the drug in the mushrooms.

If you don't want to eat the mushrooms (and some people, including me don't like them), you can boil some water, wait ~1 minute after boiling the water, and then add the water to a mug containing the ground mushrooms, a tea bag, a bit of honey and some lemon. You've got mushroom tea.

Yes, boiling the mushrooms will degrade the actives, although to what extent I can't say. No, boiling them does not make them more potent, but it does extract the 'good stuff' into the liquid, which can be absorbed more quickly than having to have solid pieces pass from your stomach into your intestines (and getting absorbed from there). So, it can and probably will hit you faster. Some people think that exposure to weak acids (citric acid from the lemon juice as an example could make the trip slightly stronger).

1.5g is a reasonable starter dose.

Couple of points, and if you think I'm nagging, I am :) but with good intentions.

1) Do not drive until the next day, no matter how capable any of you think you might feel.
2) If you've got to consider parents, then don't do the mushrooms. Find another time and place.
3) Have someone 100% sober around for the entire time. They have to be trustworthy and responsible.
4) Above all, if there is going to be anyone around who might 'fuck with you' they shouldn't be there

Have fun and a safe trip. Report back how it goes.

Tom

I wouldn't recommend lemon tek / mushroom tea to a first timer. some people report increased potency / stronger onset with these methods. I'd say just eat them, grind up the mushrooms and chase them down with water.

first off boiling just seems like overkill and ive always heard heat destroys em, which is why ppl dont really make em into brownies or watever... but heating up chocolate and making em into bar are always pretty sweet... but IMO 3.5 grams is usually a good starting point... youll def feel it off 1.5 but you wont really trip and get the full effects... 3.5 is pretty much the basic dose for most ppl... but there are like 3 or 4 levels of a trip... if you eat 7 g's you will trip fucking balls and feel like you die and are reborn, which is a pretty intense feeling for obvious reason and not a good idea for a first time... but 3.5 is one the lower level... after 45 mins or so youll just feel like your super high and start laughing then everything will start to breath (bend) and then the trip really gets good... BUT the first time i did i was 16 also and it was me and 3 friends, two had done em before and the other guy hadnt... after an hr n half the two who had were all fucked up but me n the other guy are just sitting there like wtf just waiting for sumin to happen... the other two noticed we were bumed out lookin and told us we needed to relax our minds and that if we thought about it too hard it wouldnt kick in... so i just went into another room and almost had to meditate and it kicked it and the other guy was sooo pissed and it took him almost two hours before he could relax his mins enough to feel it.... but neways just make sure your in a comfortable setting and can stay the night there and youll be find

PS... IMO the mushies just kinda have a dirt/ earthy taste... i dont think its all that bad but some ppl fukin hate it... if its that bad for you just put some peanut butter on bread and mix em in... always heard that took the taste away all together

^bad advice. don't recommend a beginner to eat 3.5g. I had a ++++ on 2.6g (they were really potent though, only aborts).

^bad advice. don't recommend a beginner to eat 3.5g. I had a ++++ on 2.6g (they were really potent though, only aborts).

ive never seen anyone eat less then 3.5 and all the ppl ive seen always had a good time... as long as you have 6-7 hours to trip youll be good.. im just sayin IMO 1.5 isnt enough to get the much past the giggles stage... your def not get the full effects from colors and shit... i will always turn on a space heater and it will make the entire room look like its glowing orange...

the guy isn't even 17! and many people got their asses whooped on 3.5g.

I've said to my mate I don't think 1.5 will be enough, just from reading other peoples experiences, but better safe than sorry I guess? I can always try more at a later date, but I am really keen to trip complete balls :D he's getting 3 grams for £20.. Seems like a rip off? But I don't know at this time of year and my location

but better safe than sorry I guess?
this. don't stress about it, and 1.5g can be a nice dose in a good setting. also, if you plan on smoking weed, I'd say don't until the trip is levelling of. can get really messy and confusing during the peak.

and yeah, mushrooms tend to be quite expensive. the best way to have them is to grow them.

the guy isn't even 17! and many people got their asses whooped on 3.5g.

i was 16 first time i did it and thats how much i ate and had an amazing time... it dont really matter how old you are if you cant handle you psychs you cant handle em no matter your age...

I've said to my mate I don't think 1.5 will be enough, just from reading other peoples experiences, but better safe than sorry I guess? I can always try more at a later date, but I am really keen to trip complete balls :D he's getting 3 grams for £20.. Seems like a rip off? But I don't know at this time of year and my location

IMO 1.5 is a start... youll def feel it but i think 3.5 is the average dose, atleast where im from... and honestly 20 pounds is like 25 dollars, give er take and 3.5 was 30 dollars for me ten years ago sooo your not getting ripped off thats a pretty fair price... you could always get 6g, if possible, eat the 1.5 see how you like it and eat the rest later...

I don't smoke weed anyway, don't like the mongy feeling. Do you know if there's anyway to amplify the trip? I've read the longer you chew them before you swallow them the harder they'll hit you, and that you shouldn't concentrate on waiting for them to kick in, just relax etc..

@pill_billy yeah man, but it's not about what happened to yourself exclusively when giving HR advice....

@LeafDog just eat 1.5g on an empty stomach and see, how you are doing. and don't overthink this, it's better to have a nice but underwhelming experience, you can always dose higher next time.

Is it possible to redose then? Apparently doing this will only give you negative effects?

Okay I'll try this tonight, thanks for your input. Honestly can't wait! :D

im not sayin that is only from my opions... its what ive seen everyone ive ever tripped with eat and have never seen anyone freak out... we always keep it pretty chill and listen to music n blaze up... which is a must no matter how much you eat... and the only thing that ive ever heard to do to make the trip better and you harder is to drink some OJ or summin w vitamin c in it.... its supose to interact with the stuff in the shrooms... IDK if its true or not but i always get a nice 20oz of juice to wash em down with