Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Shroom Season 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
lucky! i could have taken a path to hell if i was a little stupider.

PsiloSubNaut said:
They're already up in the dandenongs :D

Will hit my mate up for pix tonight.

Seriously? Ive been working up there all week and it seem WAY to dry still. and warm. I even checked out the forest which was bone dry too. I saw only a few inactives.

Pics would be good though.

07-08-06_1852.jpg

These were all picked last week between Sunday and Wednesday (bagged ones are dry)

Wasn't dandenongs sorry, it was down near Flinders/Portsea on a mountain.

I went for a look Saturday arvo but it had dried right out again. Managed to find 2 shitty dried subs and heaps of amnita's after 2 hours of looking.

You definately won't find them in the normal bush environments just yet because it's wayyy too dry but if you check some creek beds (east of melb) with a good maulch layer after a little rain and some frosts you're in with a chance.

All depends on how keen you are because there's alot of hiking involved.

I had a wonderfull trip on saturday night. Simmered about 50 to make a tea for 3 people.

It blows me away that they come up so early in that area. The earliest i've ever got them around home is late May and the last couple of years it has been early June due to lack of rain/frosts.

Happy hunting

Anyone having any luck in Sydney bushland? I'm freezing my arse off and it's been raining heavily all week, some good must come out of this shithouse weather!

EDIT: Just got back from a short hunt (I live in the middle of a Pine-Forest on the outskirts of Sydney) and was unsuccessful. I found a couple of those white one's which look like the one's in Woolies growing in my neighboors grass but besides that nothing...

Last edited:
Even with all the rain lately seems like no more growing in Qld SE corner. Have to wait till next season or find excuse to visit relatives on far south coast of NSW

Good stuff!

Was wondering when someone else would come through with the goods.

This high pressure system is going to drop the temps right down at night so hopefully some spots around melb are wet enough to produce because the chances of good rain over the next week are very slim...

Last edited by a moderator:
Going for a peak this arvo at me normal hunting grounds.....fingers crossed :)

Theyre deffinatly out. Found around twenty or so today. Lots of badly decomposed ones there too.

Mr Blonde said:
^ You're in Brisbane, right? Let us know how it goes!

Nah, Melbourne. And alas, nuttin :( . A few squashed and manky gallerinas, so I expect a 'yield' soon. :) Gonna check the mountains over the weekend..

blue meanies

does any1 know wot type of shroom a blue meanie is? There through out the blue mountains apparently. wot month do they come out also

Blue meanies are panaeolus cyanescens. They grow from cow shit in the warmer months mainly in Queensland but also found in NSW and maybe NT and North WA.
I have heard people referring to subs as blue meanies before but they are wrong.

^^^ he's right

I'm sick of people saying they have picked blue meanies because they have subs with a large amount of blue on the stem and cap!

I think you'll have to wait till next summer for them adamavdb

Shroom ignorance is a dangerous thing. For christs sake, if you don't know what you are doing go out with someone who does or read up on them EXTENSIVELY.

It rained the other night and the next morning, I checked some apparent hot spots--no dice, unfortunately. I even snuck into my neighbors front yard under the cover of darkness and checked her garden-bed littered with chip bark lol.

I don't condone trespassing either, but it was for the good of the nation....

Saturday: Fog then fine. Min 9 Max 25
Sunday: Fine. Min 11 Max 24
Monday: Fine. Min 11 Max 23
Tuesday: Fog then fine. Min 10 Max 23
Wednesday: Fine. Min 10 Max 23

No fucking good. Come on rain!

Immortal Teknique said:
Saturday: Fog then fine. Min 9 Max 25
Sunday: Fine. Min 11 Max 24
Monday: Fine. Min 11 Max 23
Tuesday: Fog then fine. Min 10 Max 23
Wednesday: Fine. Min 10 Max 23

No fucking good. Come on rain!

I'm hearing ya!

All the rain's dumping in the north and west of the country. This high pressure system has been over us for a few days now. It actually came over vic and then moved back towards adelaide before travelling east again. One of the slowest systems i've ever tracked.

Come on low pressure and icy antarctic winds!

Atleast in melb they come up around the 5-16 degree days. Over in south west vic they never fruit untill it gets down to -1-14 degrees :(

Status
Not open for further replies.