• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Shows with an addicted main character?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I loved House, although more just because it's a great show.
And I must have watched Nurse Jackie 3 or 4 times over.

Can anyone tell me of other shows where the protagonist is an addict? It can either be where a lot of the story revolves around the addiction (like Nurse Jackie) or where the central character just happens to be an addict (like House or The Knick)?

Shameless (American version): That family is full of addicts.

Californication: David Duchovney's character has an alcohol/sex addiction.

24 seasons 3 one or my all time favourites heh maybe if i do get addicted to heroin I can shoot up the same time Jack Bauer does

"Travelers" on Netflix - 3 seasons.
One of the main characters struggles with heroin addiction.

happy! has lots of drinking and drug use. and murder
mr robot struggles with a dope addiction in the early seasons

"Travelers" on Netflix - 3 seasons.
One of the main characters struggles with heroin addiction.

Heyyyyyy now that you mention it, The Umbrella Academy had one too (I think he was more of an every drug kind of guy, though.) It's only got the one season so far, but I thought it was pretty good... and shit gets so real when the addict detoxes.

I was going to say Mr robot. He snorts his morphine pills haha.
Was a good series that I've only seen 1 & 2.
2 wasn't as good though admittedly.

I was going to say Mr robot. He snorts his morphine pills haha.
Was a good series that I've only seen 1 & 2.
2 wasn't as good though admittedly.

Season 3 is pretty good :)
I always thought it was stupid of him to snort it. That ROA only has a 28% BA.
He gives up the morphine but abuses Adderall for a while in season 3.

Heyyyyyy now that you mention it, The Umbrella Academy had one too (I think he was more of an every drug kind of guy, though.) It's only got the one season so far, but I thought it was pretty good... and shit gets so real when the addict detoxes.

I actually have The Umbrella Academy downloaded on my laptop. Didn't even know it had an addict character; I've just been wanting to see it.

Speaking of Nurse Jackie, I have been a fan of Edie Flaco for YEARS (I loved Nurse Jackie, Oz, The Soprano's) but have no idea how you pronounce her name. Is it like "Eddy" or like "Eedee"?

Sherlock Holmes in the British series from like 10 years ago which Is on Netflix in my country, it's a modern Sherlock Holmes, the series is called "Sherlock"

Sherlock Holmes in the British series from like 10 years ago which Is on Netflix in my country, it's a modern Sherlock Holmes, the series is called "Sherlock"
I disliked how they switched him to nicotine. In the old school 70s adaptations they show the real Holmes, an IV cocaine addict who uses it to cope with the stress of solving brutal murders. I recall one of the films ending with Watson pleading with him not to shoot up, but we see him go off into his man-cave and pull out a set of IV tools.