• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Shoulder pain from IVing? Also...how fast can tolerance rise?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Okay, so two questions. Neither are very serious/urgent, in just curious.

Recently I've been IVing heroin for the past 4-5 days (not sure how long exactly). Previous to this I'd only ever smoke or snort H, but I since picking up the needle I've injected about 1.5g. I started out IVing only 60-70mg for a good nod within minutes. Now, days later, I'm IVing 120mg and I'm not nodding yet. Can tolerance almost double in such a small amount of time?

Second question is: recently I've had a sore shoulder. Not painful, but almost like I slept on it wrong. It's on my left shoulder though, and I most frequently inject into my left arm. Is it possible that it's related to that?

I can't properly answer your first question.

2nd question: You may have an abscess . if it doesn't get better id seek medical attention

I can't properly answer your first question.

2nd question: You may have an abscess . if it doesn't get better id seek medical attention
I don't think it's an abscess, like I said it isn't painful at all. I don't even notice it most of the time, it's just as if I slept on it wrong and is occasionally sore. As for the first part, I've found that a small dose of Etizolam is helping me nod but I'm still really curious about the tolerance. Perhaps 14 hours since last shooting isn't enough time to fully "recover" I guess?

Your shoulder is probably fuct from sleeping on it unfavorably due to a sleep only opiates can give you (too much and you'll just nod in and out all-night and get no real sleep. Very doubtful you have an abscess too far away from your injection site.

My shoulders are fuct from poor sleep technigues/ weight lifting/ tennis etc......but sleeping on my stomach and side has done the most damage especially while on opiates.

^^this. Used to sleep on my side and my shoulders/neck hurt every day because I'd pass out in awkward positions. So now I sleep on my back with a bunch of pillows (to stay elevated).