• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Should you wait a few days in between meth use for better highs?

AshKillem

Greenlighter
I used to take adderall and I could only take it once every like 3 days otherwise it wouldn't have a potent effect on me and I was wondering if meth is the same way and you need to regenerate your body a bit? Also, just got like 8 hours of sleep, how long should I wait to burn a bowl if I want the best high?

If anything, you should wait longer between meth binges, since the stuff lasts twice as long. Not that I ever did. At all.

I'd say the minimum break between meth binges should be a week, depending on use. It takes at least three days to leave your system. Of course, there is the question of what kind of hit your brain is taking, and that strongly suggests much much longer breaks. But we're talking about getting high, so I'd say a week is a good minimum target.

I'm with scrofula a week is a good amount of time to wait, that way you never build much of a tolerance.

A week to get high, but otherwise small amounts to be functional but for the love of god dont smoke this shit.

Amphetamines deplete the norepinephrine and dopamine (the feel-good neurotransmitters) in the storage depots in your synapses. Before you can get the full effects of amphetamines, you have to wait for your body to replenish those chemicals. Studies have found that it generally takes twice as long as your speed run to fully replace the neurotransmitters you blew through.

I used to take adderall and I could only take it once every like 3 days otherwise it wouldn't have a potent effect on me and I was wondering if meth is the same way and you need to regenerate your body a bit? Also, just got like 8 hours of sleep, how long should I wait to burn a bowl if I want the best high?

IME... With meth you want to wait 5 days inbetween uses to get a good high again.

In grade 12 I used to smoke speed every weekend... friday and saturday. I would still be high sunday but usually wouldnt do any more. monday and tuesday I would be a zombie. wednesday would still suck. Thursday I would start feeling my neurotransmitters replenish. Then friday I would start it all over. I would get a nice full high every time. If I smoked it any other time during the week I didnt enjoy it. I hated being high at school and work. I guess thats what saved me from a really bad addiction.

I still look back to these days in shame though. I was only myself one day a week! Thursday. Thats no life. Be safe.

Not to disagree with your advice, but I think that describes most of humanity, drugs or not.

Don't be ashamed for successfully keeping your weekends confined to your weekends.