• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Should someone who is at high risk for a stroke be able to take mdma safely?

bongerman

Bluelighter
A buddy wants to try mdma but I know he also just told me he has a high risk for a stroke, should that be something he steers clear of? Thanks for any info that can be contributed.

Short answer: he shouldn't risk it.

The long answer would have a lot to do with WHY he's at risk of having a stroke. Is he prone to clotting? Or is it due to blood pressure risking an aneurysm? If the latter, the risk would be much higher.

I don't think you're going to find anyone anywhere who'll advise it's "safe" for your friend, unfortunately. Fact of the matter is, regardless of the reasons he's at risk of having a stroke, it'll be advised against.

All that being said, for what it's worth, I suffered a stroke (clot) just over 9 years ago (age 17 at the time). There was no medical cause found and was concluded purely bad luck (no risk of clotting, blood pressure fine, etc etc). I've rolled many a time over the past couple of years, and haven't had another one lol......buuuuuut that certainly does NOT mean it's safe. Even for me. My 2c.

thanks for the info that's what I figured I have no idea about clotting or anything like that.

No worries :)

Whatever route your friend takes, I hope he's smart about it and ends up playing it safely :)

I am going to steer him away from it just for safety, maybe something like mushrooms.

on a side note MORE SASS FOR MEE!!

The only real reasons (I can think of) that would make MDMA a risk is increase in heart rate, body temp, and blood pressure (given its stimulant properties).

Mushrooms, I presume, would be a safer* alternative. While they still do give some similar physical side effects, they aren't nearly as pronounced as with amphetamines/MDMA.

*we all know none of these substances are truly 100% safe for any given individual, particularly those with medical conditions.

Med student here- it would be a bad idea to take any stimulant drugs as they increase your blood pressure, which increases the risk of clotting.