• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Should Kratom Use Be Legal?

That definitely sounds like classic opiate withdrawals to me. I never got RLS from DHC withdrawal myself, but the depression was horrible, just like you described. So, I guess that maybe the KA may have "whitewashed" this aspect of kratom, but I can't blame them for that; this is a very beneficial plant, and it would be insane to make it illegal.

Definately opiate withdrawal which shouldn't be surprising when dealing with any MU agonist from codeine/tramadol to heroin. The restlessness and insomnia are incredibly bad, don't expect to sit still or get a wink of sleep for at least a good 3-4 days. The good thing is that the withdrawals are pretty much gone by a week and if you have access to a weak agonist with a decent sized halflife (Tramadol is perfect for this) you can taper relatively painlessly in about 2 weeks. Benzos help with the constant panic attacks but make the RLS worst for me so it's kind of a trade off. As for the fatigue nothing works, I think kratoms stimulant alkaloids make the symptom really bad, I mean walking to the bathroom is such a chore it's not even funny lol but hey, at least I'm not bent over a toilet heaving up everything in my system.

Yeah it would be a devastating day to see kratom banned but lying about kratoms addiction potential is silly and a potential double edged sword. Imagine some poor dude thinking that he can use kratom daily and walk out with nothing more than some mild fatigue and headaches and BAM! He stops and is hit with a huge wave of fear and panic along with restlessness, crushing depression, and insomnia. He doesn't put two and two together and goes to the hospital to where he admits his kratom use and now we've cooked up another story for the media. Imagine going through opiate withdrawal without knowing what's causing it? I'd be scared as fuck. I say lay everything on the table and let the users weigh the positives and negatives themselves, no need to feed people false hope but that's just my opinion.