• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ethnobotanicals Should I try kava?

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Hi!

I'm an anxiety sufferer w/o proper meds for it... Soo, I was wondering if I should try kava? There's this product available, which contains 100 mg kavalactones. How much should you take to get any anxiety relief? What kind of experience do You have with kava?

Kava is pretty good for anxiety and stress. I seemed to enjoy the kava liquid the most. (Sold in little dropper bottles).
If you have any liver problems, i would consider doing a bit more research first or discussing it with your doctor.

I've never tried extracts because I read that they were weak, so I started with kava root powder and soaked it in warm water after filtering through a cheesecloth; you don't want to drink the roots. It's very unpleasant and your face will go numb but that part does feel pretty good. The amount it takes for anxiety relief for me is about the amount it takes to get inebriated, so it does help but I couldn't use it to function and I'd avoid driving and all that other stuff like you do with alcohol

The kava paste which is 80 something percent kavalactones is quite nice although not exactly cheap—as ever, I expect you get what you pay for though. It is a mellow low key sort of effect so if you are trying to compare it to alcohol or benzos you'll be disappointed but it is pretty good for anxiety. I can't really recommend a dose to start but a roughly pea sized amount was good for me. It would be better to be sure of a milligram value though. As others have mentioned liver issues are important. If you have them or if you are a heavy drinker best get yourself checked out first.

What's the likelihood of dying of liver failure following a single dose of kava extract?

ive always heard that the pharmaceutical products containing only the kavalactones are crap and dont work. get grinded kava it should be much better.