View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Should I trip alone?

Hi.

Greenlighter
I'm planning on doing a tab of LSD today but my trip sitter got called in to work last minute so now I don't have one. This would be my first real trip (tried it before didn't feel it that much). I would wait until next weekend but I keep putting it off and I feel like I should do it now. I'm not really nervous or anything but everyone I've talked that has done it to strongly recommends that I get a sitter. What should I do?

Do what feels right for you. Wait if you have doubts, just having someone you trust with you will be a great comfort. If it's 1 tab of regular dosage, you should be very well able to manage yourself. Put on some music you like, go for a walk (but try to avoid crowded places), meditate, have a good time!

Just wait until next weekend, the drugs aren't going anywhere. It's good that you keep putting it off, you don't want to compromise your setting for your first trip.

Personally I'd say do it.

Tripping alone will often be a much more rewarding experience than with other people around.

If you're scared it's best to wait though, better not take any risks, but when you're used to having positive experiences than I'd just go for it.

I would trip alone, only cause you might enjoy it more. Someone may laugh at you or make you scared if they aren't tripping to. But do what you want, if you don't feel comfortable don't do it.

My advice for anyone else with the same question is: you'll be fine. Go for it.

Too bad OP didn't decide to tell us what he decided to do and how it went.

tripping alone is fine.....but tripping with another person thats tripping isn't bad either....because everytime you do this both parties seem to get to a point in the trip where they are just silent for a couple hours or even go off on their own. For certain parts of the trip the distraction of another person is a welcome distraction from feeling scared or awkward. therefore tripping with another....you still get your alone time when you need it. this could be said for having a sitter also....its not like they are going to bother you if you want to be alone and are not out of control.

with just one tab....and if its truly lsd youll have a grand time if you're alone if its nbome you're even less likely to have a bad time...its generally positive at a moderate dose. doing ibogaine alone for example might be too much.....alot depends on how you feel about it/how confident you are though.

I don't enjoy tripping by myself. I end up messaging loads of other people because I'm in such a great mood and enjoying my trip so much that I want other people to know what I'm going through.

Being the person that I am, though, I have moderate anxiety so it makes me feel better to have someone with me in the rare situation that something goes wrong, such as, what I took wasn't what I expected it to be. I also like tripping around other people who are tripping as well. It gets pretty funny and the vibes are good.

"Hey, look at the colors bouncing off the wall!"
"What? Sorry, I'm watching these pictures move."

As said above, anyone should do what makes them comfortable. If you feel like you'll have a great time without friends, go for it. You can have a good time either way!

As contrast, I detest tripping with others around. Even my closest friends are hard-pressed to convince to to accompany them, unless it's a superficial or recreational event like hiking..

If I'm trying to take a fully hallucinogenic dose, of anything really, I must be alone.

It's the headspace..

When I'm with others, I can sense their headspace. It interferes with mine. I need solitude to properly sink into it and get as far out as I'd like for my purposes.

Besides, I'm practically dumb and catatonic when I'm far enough gone anyway. No good company to keep, lol

If you're anxious not having a sitter, then wait.
Personally I prefer to trip alone.
Like someone ^ said, if it feels right go for it.
For me a sitter would just get in the way...makes one more self conscious. At least it does for me.

I prefer tripping alone. I can explore my mind and consciousness with nobody there to interrupt me. I am generally pretty introverted though and I feel most comfortable when I'm by myself.

Are you generally someone who feels more comfortable around people or alone? I imagine your tripping preference might mimic that.

IMO people worry too much about their first trips, at these doses it's not going to be mindblowing. Just relax and let the psychedelia wash over you, no harm will come if you let go. :)