View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Should I treat DMT differently?

Doldrugs

Bluelighter
I read a lot of posts and trip reports where people use DMT differently than other psychedelics. I gather it doesn't work the same way somehow? Should you still wait 2 weeks to a few months between trips? Can you smoke it multiple times in one sitting, keeping that in mind? If I took a classic psych like LSD or shrooms recently should I wait a few weeks for tolerance to go down or will the DMT have full effects immediately?

Smoked DMT works the exact same as all the other psychedelics, it's just got such a rapid washout that unless you "go hard" tolerance is hard to build.

So then its effects will be diminished since I just did shrooms? Or they won't?

They won't be diminished at all, it is unique in that you can't really gain a tolerance to it, it was tested in a lab setting before and I've seen more than enough evidence on the internet/elsewhere to assure me that the body is simply too quick to metabolize dmt to ever allow for a tolerance, that and it's very hard to "abuse" for recreation lol.

Yeah, I was in the same boat as you. My dad, friends, etc had told me that they all like the Demon, but its definitely something you should only do every now and then. I was stupid, and a friend of mine started cooking, and I basically turned my lungs to plastic over the next few weeks. This, combined with other psychedelics, mainly LSD once or twice a week and 2C-P every couple of days (there is no tolerance built to 2C-P), put me in a REALLY bad head space. DMT has made me see some amazing things, and I would personally love to try ayahuasca. However, I would personally turn down a bowl of DMT if offered right now. Hell, I can go get some resin out of my old DMT bowl and smoke some right now. It just put me in too bad of a space. I thought people were stealing from me, among other things that all turned out to be unfounded. It is because of this recklessness earlier in my life that has made my current psychedelic use very touch and go, although I have been going pretty hard lately.

In terms of DMT tolerance, I personally felt like my friend and I gained a tolerance very fast, but then again, he was cooking it and we had a lot of time to waste, and I'm sure we smoked more than the average Jose.

IME, shrooms and the like will cause tolerance to the DMT, but not the other way around.
I did ayahuasca every day for over a month and experienced little to no tolerance...if anything it got betterr as the days went by.

I also just recently stopped o 3 or 4 week IM DMT binge and it also took less as the days rolled by, but the place I'd go started to change so I stopped...I'll try again in a month or two and see what happens...

I did ayahuasca every day for over a month and experienced little to no tolerance...if anything it got betterr as the days went by.

You sir, my friend, are phucking nutz. xD I wish I had the opportunity to even try ayahuasca, I would never even be interested in your massive consumption of it, despite my past psychedelic use saying otherwise. That's just crazy haha

Actually, I had more trouble integrating being straight after tripping that long than I had integrating my trips...just goes to show that perception is reality is perception...

Not to derail the thread, but what were your reasons for doing that Ayahuasca stint? And what do you feel you gained from it?

No real reason, just because it was fun...and I liked it...I had no lofty motivations or goals...I liked the buzz.
As a result, I have become a much more open minded person as well as much more mellow and laid back...I'm more comfortable in my own skin, I guess.

I've never been interested in smoking it - not interested in a 2 minute high. I have eaten DMT by the bushel however (with moclobemide as the MAOI) and that definately has a major tolerance. I find it's not the same for at least 4-6 weeks. My own theory - that I've simply pulled out of my arse - is that it's so psychedelic that your brain needs a longer time to recharge itself. I can trip on mushrooms week after week for months at a time but with DMT that wouldn't work.

I've never been interested in smoking it - not interested in a 2 minute high. I have eaten DMT by the bushel however (with moclobemide as the MAOI) and that definately has a major tolerance. I find it's not the same for at least 4-6 weeks. My own theory - that I've simply pulled out of my arse - is that it's so psychedelic that your brain needs a longer time to recharge itself. I can trip on mushrooms week after week for months at a time but with DMT that wouldn't work.

It's usually 30 minutes to an hour, no? And of course I'd like to try it orally but MAOIs and SSRIs don't mix.

Oral DMT takes about 30 mins to come on then you get around 60-90 minutes at the peak before it dies off quite quickly. It is certainly one to tell the grandchildren about tho. Most psychedelic, most presence of any drug I've tried too - even mushrooms - there's a very strong feeling that there's someone with you when you're on DMT. Very odd but beautiful.

Oh, and the greatest bodyhigh of any drug bar none (even MDMA). Only teensy problem is you do tend to vomit as the DMT kicks in.

Oh - and greatest music appreciation of any drug I've ever tried too. And I've tried them all honey!

About how much does one need orally, would it be the same as if smoked?

I can't help but ask... does it taste like plastic? xD

I'm not too sure of the dose - it's quite forgiving so I just bung in a couple of 00 capsules full into my coca-cola and have at it. Definately bigger dose than smoking. Maybe 200mg? Or more.

Doesn't taste like plastic but it's not the greatest thing I've ever tasted put it like that.