• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Should I taper Adderall?

Omar68

Greenlighter
So long story should I’ve been prescribed adderall for about 9 months. I don’t really need it but I’ve been using it more than I’d like to recently. I was first prescribed 10mg xr a day and now I am prescribed 60mg a day, one IR and one XR.

I was originally using it as a weekend thing to get stuff done or just feel good honestly, usually in one 30mg dose. For the past month I’ve been taking 60mg a day unfortunately, and was wondering if I needed to taper or if I should just cold turkey? I have plenty to taper since i am prescribed 60mg a day and was only taking 30mg twice a week for awhile. My goal is to get the usage back down to once or twice a week as I have been losing too much weight. I also don’t really feel anything from it anymore other then a slight mood boost for about an hour.

I have had withdrawal from a doctor prescribed Ativan dose before and managed it, and I know benzo withdrawal is hell on earth compared to just adderall. I just don’t want to unnecessarily suffer if I don’t have to, since I don’t want to quit just want to cut back.

So my question does anyone have a taper suggestion for my dose? I am also curious how long i should take a break for, as well as how frequently I can use to to regain some of the effects it use to have. I do not expect the original magic to come back but I’d like to at least get some of the positive effects back. Thanks for the help.

Me personally, I’d just deal with not taking it. But tapering down is always advised with most medications, even for the mental aspects or just getting your body used to a lower dose / but you won’t experience any ‘physical’ withdrawals at all. Just maybe some depression and sleeping + eating a lot

There is no physical need to taper. You won't experience any major withdrawal. It's not meth.

Psychologically it may be difficult, but physically you'll feel nothing but minor depression and lethargy, but otherwise should function just fine.

Adderall withdrawal is akin to weed withdrawal. Basically nothing but minor anhedonia. Not comparable to other, more serious drug withdrawal.

You'll function, but might not enjoy it.

All I can add is tapering a substance can't hurt anyone as far as I know.
For the past month I’ve been taking 60mg a day
I would suggest a "quick" taper like say maybe try to cut out 25% to start (down to 45mg day). See how that goes for a week or so. If it's too much add to ya just can't take away if ingested.
Best to you on this feat. Many here to see others well so keep us posted, yeah?
LA,
J

There is no physical need to taper. You won't experience any major withdrawal. It's not meth.

Psychologically it may be difficult, but physically you'll feel nothing but minor depression and lethargy, but otherwise should function just fine.

Adderall withdrawal is akin to weed withdrawal. Basically nothing but minor anhedonia. Not comparable to other, more serious drug withdrawal.

You'll function, but might not enjoy it.
Thank you for the response

All I can add is tapering a substance can't hurt anyone as far as I know.

I would suggest a "quick" taper like say maybe try to cut out 25% to start (down to 45mg day). See how that goes for a week or so. If it's too much add to ya just can't take away if ingested.
Best to you on this feat. Many here to see others well so keep us posted, yeah?
LA,
J
That works thanks for the response

Update : Decided to try cold turkey today to test the waters. Honestly only felt slightly more tired and that’s it. Definitely nothing to worry about. Thanks for the help!

that’s what we’re here for! :)

Ya, just take a minimal amount like you started with…. 10mg in morning, 10mg after lunch……and maybe one last dose around 5pm if needed.

Just so you’re not a lethargic buzzkill with flat mood and mild depression

Natural health supplements and 30min aerobic exercise increases Phenylethylamine metabolites in urine (the bodies natural amphetamine) responsible for the “runners high” and robust mood-boosting properties

Vitamin B50 Complex / Zinc / Fish oil capsule with healthy dinner……followed in half hour with a fast brisk walk around the block digesting meal

Adderall IR 30mg is a very potent dopaminergic euphoric rush for a newbie who’s never experienced the pleasure of amphetamines.

Biphetamine 20mg “Black Beauties” in 1950’s is essentially Adderall

Benzedrine/Dexedrine/Methedrine
Desoxyn/Desbutal/Dexamyl
Methylphenidate & Phenmetrazine

Would be nice to be a 30 year old professional working man in 1950’s America, with a great doctor you have a great rapport with lol…..Desbutal, Dexamyl, and Phenmetrazine would be my choices to get large scripts for

Apparently Phenmetrazine was preferable and more euphoric/pleasurable than d-Methamphetamine ?

Desbutal (d-Meth & Barbiturate)
Dexamyl (d-Amph & Amytal)
Methedrine (injectable d-Meth) 20 & 30mg ampoules

Biphetamine & Adderall is the same mixed salts ratio being 75% Dextro & 25% Levo

Desoxyn 5mg tablets would be GREAT …..Desbutal would be Better lol :p