Should I stop taking coke?

fifo_thekid

Greenlighter
I live in Rio, and coke here is super cheap. It is never a financial problem for me to buy coke. I've been using it for about 3 years fairly occasionally but with small dosages. I never consume more than 4g per month.

I do workout regularly and I don't drink that much. I usually have a couple of beers on Friday and Saturday, that's about it.

It has never interfered neither with my relationships nor with my work. I do workout regularly and I sometimes feel a little heaviness in the chest, but nothing serious (or at least that's what I keep on saying to myself!).

Fast forward to last month, I bought 15g of coke and it was filled with mud and smelled like gasoline which was iritating my nose. So I tried washing it and I ended completely burning the 15g! I got super pissed-off and decided that I'd stop right now. The first week was a little bit rough but other than that I'm completely OK without it.

However, I still have that question on my mind all the time: should I stop right now? or am I being to hard on myself especially that it never did any bad for me?

It's really up to you.... Why not try using cocoa leaf quids? If you use it for function more than recreation it would probably work better plus it's easier to tell if it's bad before you buy.

well you actually gave me a nice idea
how can I make these quids from coaine hcl?
there's no way for me to get the coca leaves in rio I'm pretty sure of that

Ah well that I don't know... Plus I don't believe it's necessarily the same as the cocoa leaf quids would have a blend of alkaloids not just the cocaine. Honestly it's up to you what to do and yes that's a big loss and it sucks, but that is the risk buying big, which of course I'd assume is harder to do without knowing people. At least buying small you don't lose a lot. Honestly I wouldn't even recommend buying more than you need (ha cocaine), but still if you say you don't use much and it's infrequent you probably don't want a brick or coke laying around....

I do it that way because we usually buy from favelas, and the one I buy from is a little bit far from my house. That favela has the best price and quality in Rio. I usually buy 15g every 3 months to limit my exposure to these areas.
The question is:
do you know of any frequent coke user who didn't end messing his life or dropping dead young?

I live in an area where you can buy drugs in front of city hall..... So that being said it's possible to get away with it here. I'm guessing the laws are more severe there. There are ways to order things online with enough knowledge and you likely wouldn't have to deal with as much mail security as you could obtain pure stuff from relatively close locations, but you can also do that going to the area you do, which is famous for violence. Even if you watch your head there I'm sure it's very possible for something to happen. Just don't owe anyone money there. If you could find someone who you could communicate interest in coming back every few months and to let you know how to find them that could eliminate a small amount of risk, but I'm sure walking around with a half oz of coke is still a way to attract unwanted attention.

it's not the police that I'm afraid of, because laws here are pretty lax and I don't buy from individuals. I buy from "kiosks" so to say! These places are out of the reach of police and they are relatively safe because criminal factions don't allow anybody to mess with their clients.
I'm more concerned about my physical and psychological health. I'm a pretty boring guy that doesn't drink much, eats healthy food all the time, keeps his weight in check and exercises regularly. Cocaine is my only sin in this life and I like it so much! do you still think that I should stop now or am I thinking too much?

Again it's something you decide, but if you think it's affecting your health negatively then yes.... Also my first thought looking at this thread was if you have to ask then yes.

Have you thought about trying to get a script for methylphenidate or another DRI? If you can it would be much better health wise. Plus no more worrying about cuts/quality and legality.

I use a gram or two every month and it's all good man. You got nothing to worry about and you seem to be using very moderately.

Would you like to hear from people in TDS or SL on this OP? We could move this thread there as it's on a related topic.

Sorry for being 'that' guy but here it goes. If you have to ask 'should I stop using x drug' then the answer is probably yes. Listen to your instincts, they might be telling you something

The indicator for me is you saying the first week without it was tough. If that's the case, even if's all psychological and not physical, that's a good warning sign for mental dependence. I'd cut back. I don't think you're necessarily on a path to addiction in staying as are now, but it leaves room for it for sure.

Do you really want to risk waking up someday, not sure where you are, first priority being the smoking of more crack. Because you have to accept that risk man. If you're to continue lines must be drawn. Make a Pro and Con list for using. Make rules you must follow if you continue, and follow them. You seem to be doing find now, but cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Advice from and ex cocaine addict - quit now. You're ahead of the game. You got to dance with the devil now you should walk away.

Some of the dumbest shit I've ever done in my life was while I was on cocaine. And drinking. I've know people who died from cocaine od and I myself have pushed the line very close more than once.

I know you're using in moderation and have done so for a long time but my fear would be if you started binging.

I agree that if you are asking yourself and others if you are addicted to a drug then the answer is yes. People who aren't addicted don't ask that question. It's now a matter of how deep you want your addiction to go as it will be further to climb out of the longer you stay in. For the past year I have used once per month (previously daily for several years) by 1. Moving 1 1/2 hrs away. 2. Leaving my car off the road so that I haven't been able to go there except for a ride once/month. 3. Setting boundaries(or rules) for my using. 4. I know that control is an illusion that I could lose anytime. 5. If I don't work on bettering myself and being positive then I slip into negative old behaviours which csn lead to using more and more and more... 6. Not looking for new dealers in new city I live in.

Would you like to hear from people in TDS or SL on this OP? We could move this thread there as it's on a related topic.

TPD, I'll let you call this one ;). I'd say close it or TDS. This is not harm reduction. Cocaine is not good for your health.

Oh OP yes i have a friend who is 62 and snorts coke daily. Several other people in 60s use daily. But most had strokes too!

I'm not liking the fear mongering happening now, this is an HR forum, not DARE. OP, I would advise cutting back and being aware of how you feel in doing so. Then, once a center has been achieved without using, continue use as you were if you wish while being hyper-aware of it's effects on your mind in contrast to your newfound knowing of what and how you are without it.

Cut back right now, take a look at how that affects you and where you are, and then use that perspective moving forward.

I'm not liking the fear mongering happening now, this is an HR forum, not DARE. OP, I would advise cutting back and being aware of how you feel in doing so. Then, once a center has been achieved without using, continue use as you were if you wish while being hyper-aware of it's effects on your mind in contrast to your newfound knowing of what and how you are without it.

Cut back right now, take a look at how that affects you and where you are, and then use that perspective moving forward.

I can agree with this. OP still needs to take into account potential side effects from prolonged usage.